BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Gia2Hip35
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Gia2Hip35

Gia2Hip35 is on a distinguished road
 Gia2Hip35 is offline Status: Offline
Default Cancer Walk July 26

Found this is one of the other cancer walk threads. Thought it might help to see it again. Faith

Pink Ribbon - Breast Cancer
Teal Ribbon - Ovarian Cancer
Clear Ribbon - Lung Cancer
Purple Ribbon - Pancreatic Cancer
Orange Ribbon - Leukemia
Black Ribbon - Melanoma
Brown Ribbon -Colon
Burgundy Ribbon - Multiple Myeloma
Grey Ribbon - Brain Cancer
Blue Ribbon - Prostate Cancer
Gold Ribbon - Childhood Cancers
Lavender Ribbon - General Cancer Awareness
Lime Green Ribbon - Lymphoma
Peach Ribbon - Uterine Cancer
Kelly Green Ribbon - Kidney Cancer
Teal & White Ribbon - Cervical Cancer

I found this on a cancer bracelet website so everyone can pick the colors they want to wear.

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 07-15-2008 at 08:17 PM..
Old 07-03-2008, 08:02 PM
EmilyRose
Banned
BABV Name: EmilyRose Jr. Cybearguide

EmilyRose is on a distinguished road
 EmilyRose is offline Status: Offline
Default Cancer Walk, July 26th, Volunteers needed!

Hi Blog friends! I will hosting the next upcoming Cancer Walk on July 26th with my very good online friend Kitten! Many of you who participated in the walk last time, went through the "course" two or more times. This time we will be going through the course 3 times. It only took about 5 minutes to do it one time.
The course will be as it was last time:

CANCER WALK ROUTE: Meet and Begin at Pawsitively Green Center, > Fashion District, > Pawforming Art Center, > Bear University, > Sportsplex, > Neighborhood, > Paw Park, > Friendship Forest Park, > Meadow, > Cave, > Farm, > Path, > Entrance, > Friendship Forest Park, > Paw Park, > Neighborhood, > Town Square, > Pawforming Art Center, > Fashion District, > Pawsitively Green Center. Then another two times!

WHEN: July 26th, SATURDAY.
TIME: 3:00 PM, EST Time
WHERE: USA, DEN: MOUNT BEAR.

Time conversion chart http://www.buildabearvilleblog.com/f...read.php?t=559 Jess

If you would like to volunteer to be a cheerleader to cheer the runners on, please contact me or Kitten. You will be placed at different places in Build a Bear where you will cheer the walkers. We also need some people handing out water. If anyone becomes to tired or fatigued to walk, there will people offering water at the Green Center. You may volunteer for this position also. Kitten and I will be jumping from place to place making sure that everything is running smoothly! There will be limited spots for Water People and Cheerleaders. Any ideas, questions or comments, mail me or Kitten.
Hope to see you there! Don't for get to wear clothes to coordinate with the colors for cancer!
For Example Wear Pink clothes for Breast Cancer.
Hope to see you there!~EmilyRose

Cheerleaders:
AbigailHappy5: Paw Park

Water People: Rain Dancing Bear: Green Center

Last edited by JessBearHug; 07-26-2008 at 01:56 PM..
Old 07-03-2008, 10:20 PM
adrianna234
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AdriannaSprinkles3

adrianna234 is on a distinguished road
 adrianna234 is offline Status: Offline

I will defineatly come this time!, it's the perfect day because I have to go out of town July 10-12
Old 07-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Gia2Hip35
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Gia2Hip35

Gia2Hip35 is on a distinguished road
 Gia2Hip35 is offline Status: Offline

I would be happy to hand out water to the runners! I want to vouleenter in this area.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:54 AM
EmilyRose
Banned
BABV Name: EmilyRose Jr. Cybearguide

EmilyRose is on a distinguished road
 EmilyRose is offline Status: Offline

Thanks Bella, Where would you like to be placed?
Old 07-04-2008, 11:21 AM
victoriabearpal3
Sage Bear
BABV Name: VictoriaBearPal3 =]

victoriabearpal3 is a jewel in the roughvictoriabearpal3 is a jewel in the roughvictoriabearpal3 is a jewel in the roughvictoriabearpal3 is a jewel in the rough
 victoriabearpal3 is offline Status: Offline

i can not go i am going on vacation
Old 07-04-2008, 12:31 PM
BriannaBallet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BriannaBallet6

BriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond repute
 BriannaBallet is offline Status: Offline
Default awesome

i am so coming
at least i wll try
Old 07-04-2008, 12:32 PM
rockstar1
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: iesharockstar1

rockstar1 is on a distinguished road
 rockstar1 is offline Status: Offline

i cant go!! i am beary sorry but i will be on vacation..
Old 07-04-2008, 10:53 PM
KatePlayful1
Sage Bear
BABV Name: KatePlayful1(Bear Builder)

KatePlayful1 is a jewel in the roughKatePlayful1 is a jewel in the roughKatePlayful1 is a jewel in the rough
 KatePlayful1 is offline Status: Offline
Default I do not know if you are open for ideas

These are some ideas I thought of that we could add to the cancer walk.

1. Everyone that goes on the walk changes their hair so they look like they had camo therapy.(like they loss all their hair) that will maybe give people the idea for why we are walking.Number one it will show we support cancer. Number two, I think that is a major symbol/sign of cancer.I'm not sure if those are the words I want to use.But for women especially hair is everything to them so I think for the girls we should wear pink like EmilyRose said and also wear items that you like(or even those werid items that are pretty/cool that make you look like you have little hair).We can show people with cancer they still can look beautiful than ever without their hair.

2. I do not know how many people are planning to come (I hope everyone does) but I think if there are people lots of people walking and lots of people, people might keep asking us what we are doing. So we should have people walk with us that are assigned to stop walking for a second and tell people what we are doing.Then after they tell people they get caught up with us and do that again if they need to.

3. I do not know if they are allowed to or not since they have a job to do but I think we should invite some of the cybearguides to walk with us if we haven't asked yet. It doesn't hurt to try!
Old 07-04-2008, 11:00 PM
AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8

AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8 will become famous soon enough
 AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8 is offline Status: Offline

I can not make it... it is during my birthday time and i really like the cancer walk ... i was going to be a cheerleader.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT