BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > CyBearGuides

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2011, 03:47 PM
99Valentine
Trading Teddy

99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute99Valentine has a reputation beyond repute
 99Valentine is offline Status: Offline
Default New Gingerbread Girl without Birth Certificate

My little sister got me the Gingerbread girl today, but the store was so crowded they didn't make birth certificates. The bar code tag used to scan the bear and make the certificate fell off too. What can I do to bring my gingerbread girl to life? I don't know when (or if) I'll be able to return to the store, and I don't have anything to show that I didn't already make a certificate.
Thanks in advance! c:
Old 11-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Alma sunshine 2
Polar Bear
BABV Name: alma ♡

Alma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant futureAlma sunshine 2 has a brilliant future
 Alma sunshine 2 is offline Status: Offline

well you should take it to Babw .
say that it was crowed and your sister couldn't get the birth certificate .
Then she/he might let you.
I did that to my Hello Kitty bear and they let me c;
good luck c;
Old 11-25-2011, 06:46 PM
AllieBubbles17
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AllieBubbles17

AllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond repute
 AllieBubbles17 is offline Status: Offline

I didn't even get one. D: I was so sad.

http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/foru...37#post3567637
(that's my "rant")

They should let her make a birth certificate though. Bring a reciept just incase.
I got a "defective" bear for my birthday, and they took the heart out, and changed it to the new bear. It was the same bear "species", just a new body (: and then they let me make a birth certificate. Also, they didn't charge me anything for it. You shouldn't have a problem!
Old 11-25-2011, 09:33 PM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by 99Valentine
My little sister got me the Gingerbread girl today, but the store was so crowded they didn't make birth certificates. The bar code tag used to scan the bear and make the certificate fell off too. What can I do to bring my gingerbread girl to life? I don't know when (or if) I'll be able to return to the store, and I don't have anything to show that I didn't already make a certificate.
Thanks in advance! c:
Take your receipt in with you, and they will be able to help you make a certificate. They're usually very nice, so just tell them what happened.

If you can't go back to the store, call build-a-bear's customer service (calling is easier to describe the situation than emailing). They will help you.
Old 11-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: haili x

Hailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond repute
 Hailisnowflake4 is offline Status: Offline

Go to your store.
Make sure you take you receipt for proof of purchase.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:13 PM
BaileyKawaii
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BaileyKimonoBear17

BaileyKawaii is a glorious beacon of lightBaileyKawaii is a glorious beacon of lightBaileyKawaii is a glorious beacon of lightBaileyKawaii is a glorious beacon of lightBaileyKawaii is a glorious beacon of lightBaileyKawaii is a glorious beacon of light
 BaileyKawaii is offline Status: Offline

if all else fails, email maxine.
or, if they put half the barcode into your bear, you could ask them to take that part out and you can write down the number and get the birth certificate.
When I ordered the christmas teddy last year (the brown one in the us, not the white one), they wouldn't send me a certificate, and when I called customer service about it, they said it was considered an "accessory" (even though they had the certificates in the store), and wouldn't give me one to save my life, but I didn't email maxine about it...
Old 11-25-2011, 11:43 PM
AllyAdorable
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: hi :-)

AllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond reputeAllyAdorable has a reputation beyond repute
 AllyAdorable is offline Status: Offline

You could tell the BABW worker. Or, Like Haili said, take your reciept.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:58 AM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: karenbearhug

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute
 karenbearhug is offline Status: Offline

Simply take your furry friend into your local BABW and explain the situation. They will be more than happy to help you out. If you can't make it into your store, just call the customer service number at 1-877-789-BEAR (2327). They will ask you a few questions to verify your purchase and then will help get your furry friend online!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:09 AM
ChocoLuv
Polar Bear
BABV Name: choco ☆

ChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to behold
 ChocoLuv is offline Status: Offline

This happened to my friend, also, and other people.
I think you should go to BABW and tell them. I think
this happens when some workers are new, or they
just forget about it...
Hope you bring your cute gingerbread to life!
Old 11-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Princess Leia
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LeiaAdventureBear25

Princess Leia is a name known to allPrincess Leia is a name known to allPrincess Leia is a name known to allPrincess Leia is a name known to allPrincess Leia is a name known to allPrincess Leia is a name known to all
 Princess Leia is offline Status: Offline

I'm so sorry this happened!
Last year, I bought one but my parents went to go pick it up. They didn't really know what to do so when they got to BABW, they just got the bear and left. Basically. Turns out they did get me the birth certificate, but I was freaking out. My mom called and they just sent me another birth certificate, so it's basically the honor system. If I were you, I woe probably email Maxine. I would say go back to BABW, but email Maxine first, you might get a better response. I hope everything works out!! <3
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT