BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2012, 10:39 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline
Default Seriously you guys?

I hope you appreciate the leniency given by Christine and Tweety right now. You seem to be taking for granted that they're just closing DCTs after innapropriate measures rather than revoking the privilege altogether. If I were the one in charge, I'd be going 'tough luck, they're over!' by now. SO many chances have been given out.

And please don't say 'we're confused on the rules.' Because there's only one issue of confusion right now, and strikes on other repetitive material.

4 Recent DCT's

Originally Posted by LocoBananas
This DCT is closed due to:

Cursing
Getting around the censors
Inappropriate watermarks on images
Drawing negative attention to the self
Originally Posted by LocoBananas
Closed due to:

inappropriate conversations
giving out personal information
inappropriate images

I am very disappointed in todays behavior from you guys
Originally Posted by Tweety
Closed due to:
Hotlinking
Inappropriate material (pics/gifs, posts)
Watermarks
Filter
Talk about sites not allowed on BI
Disappointed in you all.
More then 6 posts about sites not allowed.
Sorry, but you guys have lost the DCT for today.
NEW ONE - 1/29 (not updating below tallied list, but I will post this to show nobody changed their actions)
Better Luck Tomorrow

Today's Infractions:
Personal Information
Outside links
Multiple Spam Messages
Inappropriate language/posts

Cursing/Getting around the filter [2/4]
Inappropriate Watermark/Images [3/4]
Sites Not Allowed [2/4]

Shouldn't once be enough? Do you not understand the error, or are you blatantly disregarding it? I understand the confusion on the last matter, but the first two? Those are VERY self explanatory.

I am terribly sorry if I shouldn't be posting this, but this is getting outrageous. I, in the same age range as all you members understand when an adult says something, we like to blow it off with a 'whatever' 'doesn't concern me' and move on. WELL GUESS WHAT. You can no longer blow this whole thing off.

How to fix this?

Stop trying to get around the censor. Is it all that necessary? You're on a buildabearville site, why are you even trying to curse here?

Quit with the gifs. You've obviously proven you lack the ability to self monitor yourself with them. I don't care if you've spent months stocking up on those gifs. S.T.O.P using them.

BEFORE you post a picture, check the watermark. In fact, don't post pictures. Just like the gifs, you've failed in showing you can post them.

We on BI are SO lucky they haven't just taken away DCTs for good. Christine tried the half month thing. Twice, unless I'm mistaken. You guys failed to show her you could do better.

I hope you realize they volunteer. I hope you realize they don't have to be here. You make their jobs 150% more stressful when you do the things you are doing. So just drop it all. It's not amusing.

Ending my rant fest. I've probably made a lot of you that have been the offenders of these very angry. If I have, please click the 'x' on this tab before posting. I'd rather this not turn into a fight and this thread be closed like a DCT. It's informative to the offenders to get in line.

Last edited by BriniGirl; 01-29-2012 at 07:00 PM..
Old 01-28-2012, 11:06 PM
zoeycuddly183
Banned
BABV Name: Ƶσɛʏcʋ∂∂ℓʏ183

zoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond reputezoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond reputezoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond reputezoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond reputezoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond reputezoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond reputezoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond reputezoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond reputezoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond reputezoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond reputezoeycuddly183 has a reputation beyond repute
 zoeycuddly183 is offline Status: Offline

i agree with you
we all make mistakes, but one warning should be enough, this really does need to stop
thank you for taking your time to show this to us
Old 01-28-2012, 11:10 PM
OrlandoKnight
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: м ɛ ℓ ℓ ι ɛ ♥

OrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond repute
 OrlandoKnight is offline Status: Offline

I agree with you. They're so nice enough to continue the DcTs after everyday with you all breaking the rules. If there's a watermark on a gif, crop it out! It shouldn't be so long to just crop it out. Stop talking about Facebook, blogs and stuff. This is a site where we talk about Bearville, not blogs. Like Gabby said, it should only take one warning to understand the rules. Not like.. 5.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:15 PM
BrooklynCinnamon6
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Brooklyn CINNI MON. 8D

BrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklynCinnamon6 has a reputation beyond repute
 BrooklynCinnamon6 is offline Status: Offline

I sooo agree.
Loco and Tweety are being so gracious. We should be happy about it and do our best not to make this so hectic for them.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:15 PM
ValentinaHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Time to move on

ValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud of
 ValentinaHug is offline Status: Offline

I never realized all this was going on in the DCT. I wish people would cut it out. It's annoying and it's not cute nor was it ever. I hope all of you guys will grow up. If you don't like the rules then go to another site. No one's keeping you here. So either follow the rules or leave. Simple as that.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:20 PM
OrlandoKnight
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: м ɛ ℓ ℓ ι ɛ ♥

OrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond reputeOrlandoKnight has a reputation beyond repute
 OrlandoKnight is offline Status: Offline

And the percentage could be bigger too because there are only two active mods/admins on this site.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:26 PM
AllieBubbles17
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AllieBubbles17

AllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond reputeAllieBubbles17 has a reputation beyond repute
 AllieBubbles17 is offline Status: Offline

I had said that if the DCT's keep getting shut down, I'm probably either going to stop coming on BI, or stop entering the Coffee House and take my conversations to vm-only, which would mean I'm not on as much.

I am just sick of it. What are we not getting here? "I forgot" isn't an excuse, because I haven't been on for a year, and I can remember the rules of the forum.

It's not because the only active staff members are Loco, Tweety, and Justin (sometimes, in the morning). They reinforce the rules, and they make sure everyone stays safe... It's because some people don't get that this is serious, and that one person can ruin it for all.. that person could be you.

And I've said before, and I'll say again: I've made mistakes. In the past, I've made major mistakes, and I didn't suffer the consequences like I should have, but I knew to never do it again, or I'd be in serious trouble... this wasn't on BI.
On BI, I've made a ton of mistakes, but I knew it was wrong. Editing my post? It won't do anything, because it's already been posted, and the damage has been done. I fess up, I apologize for my actions, and I learn from what I did. Then, I just move on with life as if nothing happened.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:30 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

chococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond repute
 chococat663 is offline Status: Offline

I'm surprised that we still have DCTs. If it was up to me, the DCTs would've been gone a long time ago.
There is a little confusion on the rule about facebook and twitter, so i guess until the staff members clarify that, you can't really place all the blame on the members for breaking that rule. But as for the other rules, theres no excuse for breaking those. You can't say "Oh, well i didn't know" when you're trying to get around the filters to curse, or when you're posting an inappropriate picture/gif.

People need to grow up and realize that their behavior isn't acceptable.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:31 PM
SillyBandz
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AJGirl1006

SillyBandz has much to be proud ofSillyBandz has much to be proud ofSillyBandz has much to be proud ofSillyBandz has much to be proud ofSillyBandz has much to be proud ofSillyBandz has much to be proud ofSillyBandz has much to be proud ofSillyBandz has much to be proud ofSillyBandz has much to be proud ofSillyBandz has much to be proud of
 SillyBandz is offline Status: Offline

That's why I don't go on DCT's.
I think it's disappointing that people have been reminded so many times, and they keep doing it.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Sammiebffl
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Sammygirl58 (call me sam)

Sammiebffl is a splendid one to beholdSammiebffl is a splendid one to beholdSammiebffl is a splendid one to beholdSammiebffl is a splendid one to beholdSammiebffl is a splendid one to beholdSammiebffl is a splendid one to beholdSammiebffl is a splendid one to behold
 Sammiebffl is offline Status: Offline

I don't like DCT because of that reason, the conversions are turning into bad things. I never went on one though....
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
!!!dct harry was x, !youguysneedtostop, - chay was here < 3, aloha i was here ♫, bluesnow4545<3, brini is watching you. :0, colleenwashere, cookiesmaster<3, cookois, dudeee ke$ha was here, follow the rules, i'm a tagger!, isabeltaggedthisthread, juliabearfun21, keitlin<3, kn!ghtluvscookies, listentotweetyandloco!, mai, mea, poofpoof, sammiebffl, snewdles in the house, stopjuststop, the gabster >:), witty tag goes here