BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Old 07-01-2012, 11:27 AM
ChantelBBallBear
Polar Bear

ChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to beholdChantelBBallBear is a splendid one to behold
 ChantelBBallBear is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by TheDinoGirl
Thank you for posting this. We need to start taking the rules more seriously. Lately the rule breaking has been getting better (it was really bad at one point, DCT's were being closed almost every day), but still. I've made mistakes and received warnings, but I'm completely open to it. Better to know what I did wrong than to possibly make the same mistake again. (:
I just wish other people had the same attitude about it.

Again, thanks for posting. (:
Right, and they're just doing their job!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:47 PM
JessyWeasley
Banned

JessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud of
 JessyWeasley is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for posting this. The world always gets angry at the people who punish them- not angry at themselves for doing what they did to deserve that punishment. I know I've made some mistakes, but now I know not to make them again. It's really disgusting how many people argue against you guys saying that they dont deserve it. Hopefully it gets better.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:21 PM
chococat663
Polar Bear

chococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond reputechococat663 has a reputation beyond repute
 chococat663 is offline Status: Offline

Thank you for posting this, and please don't think that i'm trying to be disrespectful or rude when i say this, but i think one of the problems is that people are getting in trouble for things that aren't even against the rules or are not in the rules. The site has changed a lot recently and while the rules may or may not have changed, different rules have been being enforced and the rules are being enforced to a different extend than they have in the past.
Lately i've seen quite a few people get warnings for things that as far as i know, have never been against the rules. People can go over the rules 100 times, but that would do nothing for them if they are getting in trouble for things that are not in the rules or not even against the rules to begin with. I'm sure that everyone on here that values their account tries their best to follow the rules and i'm not trying to defend the people that are knowingly breaking the rules, but i don't think we can be expected to follow the rules if the ones being enforced were either never told to us or if the ones being enforced were allowed in the past.
I feel like maybe thats also one of the reasons why people are been arguing about their bans/warning lately. I can't speak for everyone else on this, but i do know that if i were to get in trouble for something that has never been against the rules in the past or for a rule i never knew existed, i probably wouldn't be to happy about it and would want to know why i got in trouble for it. I don't know if you would define someone asking why they got in trouble for something as arguing back, so i don't know if thats what people are doing.
I hope you know that i mean no disrespect by saying any of this, but this is just something thats been bothering me for a while now.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:52 PM
hannahkelli
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: it's hanner nanner, yo :3

hannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant futurehannahkelli has a brilliant future
 hannahkelli is offline Status: Offline

thanks for posting this,
the rules are there for a reason c:
Old 07-01-2012, 05:56 PM
tweety

tweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond repute
 tweety is offline Status: Offline

The rules are there, we don't warn for the fun of it trust me.

The rule that most people break and don't like being warned about is the spam rule.
http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/foru...thread.php?t=2

Rule #11: Post only in English. If its not english then you're breaking the rules. Example adljoudpojdp is not an english word therefore its considered Spam. Its ok if you misspell or have a typo it happens so its understandable.

Rule #12: Please do not use all caps as it may appear that you are shouting.
Saying OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's shouting which is rude and spam since there is no need to shout in the forum.

We don't expect proper grammar, but at least try to write in complete words and sentences.

The other rules that get broken a lot are Hotlinking and Watermarks.
Loco made this rule after it was abused multiple times on the DCT.

Hotlinking is illegal and here is more information about it and how to avoid it http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/foru...d.php?t=116196

Watermarks are marks on pictures or gifs like a website or the creator's name. similar to when an artist signs a portrait, they leave their "watermark" on their work.

Those are the rules that get broken the most and they are written in the forum.
They are the ones we give out the most warnings for.

Rudeness is another major broken rule, and I understand that sometimes we have a bad day, but there is no need to bring that into the forum.
Sometimes you may think you're not rude, but the wording used makes it seem rude.
We have to take in mind everyone on the forum before posting, and if it might offend someone. If it does, odds are your best not posting it.

Also one last note a lot of people ask for proof of what they did wrong, and all bad posts are deleted, so how can we show something that no longer exists?

The staff sometimes makes mistakes and when we do we try to apologize, but most of the time if you get a warning its because you earned it.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:59 AM
anitacocoa
Polar Bear
BABV Name: anitacocoa

anitacocoa is just really niceanitacocoa is just really niceanitacocoa is just really niceanitacocoa is just really nice
 anitacocoa is offline Status: Offline

Thanks Tweety for the reminder. hugs.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:16 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for posting. I'll make sure to keep this in mind.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:35 AM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

-hugs-
helpful, and sweet. c:
Old 07-02-2012, 05:40 PM
meagafire105
Polar Bear
BABV Name: HANNNNNNNNNA

meagafire105 is on a distinguished road
 meagafire105 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks, I guess...
But the only reason I get mad when you send me warnings, is because you don't put much information in your warning, and it comes out "DON'T DO SO AND SO!" so people get angry. Maybe, you need to put a bit more effort to make sense in your warnings. Also, possibly make them sound less harsh. Because if you do, members might turn out to be AFRAID of you, which is no good, because mods are supposed to be our FRIENDS.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
caitytouchdown
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Caitytouchdown(:

caitytouchdown is a name known to allcaitytouchdown is a name known to allcaitytouchdown is a name known to allcaitytouchdown is a name known to allcaitytouchdown is a name known to allcaitytouchdown is a name known to all
 caitytouchdown is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by meagafire105
Thanks, I guess...
But the only reason I get mad when you send me warnings, is because you don't put much information in your warning, and it comes out "DON'T DO SO AND SO!" so people get angry. Maybe, you need to put a bit more effort to make sense in your warnings. Also, possibly make them sound less harsh. Because if you do, members might turn out to be AFRAID of you, which is no good, because mods are supposed to be our FRIENDS.
But if they're to friendly while doing their job then some of the members will lose respect for them. This results in more bannings witch no one wants. :P
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT