BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Cub Condos > Decorating Tips & Ideas

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2012, 06:50 PM
Stefaniehearts15
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: alli!

Stefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud of
 Stefaniehearts15 is offline Status: Offline
Default K e e p i n g i t C u b b y: Cub Condo Decorating Magazine:: Issue 1

Click the image to open in full size.
Hello, and welcome to the FIRST issue of Keeping it Cubby. I am the chief editor and designer for this magazine. I hope you fin our tips helpful and enjoyable. Please enjoy Keeping it Cubby.

This issue is all about summertime fun. I will be presenting 3 outdoor rooms, in order to display ways you can enjoy having summer fun in the outdoors.

This is my rooftop. A great way to add style and warmth to your rooftop is to add some outdoor furniture, such as these grass couch topiaries. Any sort of wicker furniture or weatherproof furniture will work as well. I suggest using cheery summer colors in coloring your furniture, such as yellow, green, orange, peach, and sea foam green. When adding outdoor furniture, it is always great to add a large rug underneath. I suggest the Camo Rug, from the bearstuff store. It is large, color customizable, and very sleek and stylish. Also, when designing your rooftop, an amazing touch is tons of plants. Keep them at an even position, and at least two of every plant. Sparse plants scattered throughout, makes for an uncomfortable and unstylish space. See how my two golden cherry trees are mirroring each other? Also how I have begonias on either side of my roof top. Notice how the donut trees and holly trees are in straight lines? By adding a funky light fixture, it will give the space some light, when its dark, and a nice vibe. This space is perfect for having friends over, a tea party area, or just a place to relax in the middle of the day.

This is my Patio Deck. When having a patio deck, it is always great to have a grill. Since the actual "Patio" is so small, a grill is a great way to fill the space. I also added a place to create a smoothie, so you can stay refreshed. In the main part of the yard, I added a seating arrangement. I used these evergreen overstuffed couches, which are perfect seating for bigger crowds of people. This area to me is a family retreat. Two tree houses add the perfect place for the children, and bears to play. One tree house is fine too. If you want to place a tree house in your Patio, I suggest putting it in the lower right corner.I have lined the edge of the deck with flowers, to conceal the crawl space underneath. While you relax, the bears can play in the sandbox, a VIB gift. You can also run out into your green house to give the plants a watering. An amazing way to accessorize this space, is to add lots of potted flowers and fun entertainment pieces.
Ahh, the exterior of your Cub Condo. Most people don't know how to accessorize this, since there isn't much room! My advice would be FLOWERS, FLOWERS, FLOWERS. Add flowers to your exterior! When people first see your cub condo, they see the exterior, so you want to make it as stylish as possible. Making it stylish includes, using bold colors in your walls and rooftop, adding flowers and trees to mach your colors, and making it very matching. Be sure, when picking out flowers and trees, to pick some that match the color of your condo. I pulled the blue out of my condo with the hydrangeas, and the coral with the begonias. With the golden cherry trees, I added an accent of color. I used these trees to conceal the pole to my billboard.

If you don't have a fancy house exterior, here are some color DOs and DO NOTs for the default house exterior.
This is a big DO NOT. Pink is a nice color, but not when it is all over the house. You should choose a brick color like grey, tan, white, or pale blue, and add pink accents. Making the roof a hot pink can add a splash of color, and making the doors and window panes a pale pink can make it very sophisticated. Here is a DO using a pink palette.

DO YOU WANT TO BE A DESIGNER?
for Keeping it Cubby?
Here is a form to fill out to be a designer for Keeping it Cubby. Please VM these to me.

Name:
What would you like to be called:
Example of your work:

QUESTIONS?
I have just about every room in my condo, fill out this form if you have an design questions. I will answer them in the next issue.
Name:
Room:
Question:

Thank you everyone for reading the first issue of Keeping it Cubby. Keep looking for more to come! (:

The next issue will be out soon! (:
Old 07-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Stefaniehearts15
Trading Teddy

Stefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by I<3OneDirection
Name: I<3OneDirection
Room: The Bedroom, The Kitchen

Question: I need help Designing
and can you get back to me by today???

Also, I am having a party so I need help with the main.
Sure! I will help you out with both right now.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:25 AM
harryadventurous216
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: HarryAdventurous216

harryadventurous216 is a name known to allharryadventurous216 is a name known to allharryadventurous216 is a name known to allharryadventurous216 is a name known to allharryadventurous216 is a name known to allharryadventurous216 is a name known to all
 harryadventurous216 is offline Status: Offline

QUESTIONS?
I have just about every room in my condo, fill out this form if you have an design questions. I will answer them in the next issue.
Name: HarryAdventerous216 (Call me Harry)
Room: Garage, Dining Room, Bathroom, Bedroom, Backyard and Backyard Pond.
Question: Just need some designing help. Please may I have pictures too?
Old 07-23-2012, 12:52 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

Awesome!! Love this magazine.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Stefaniehearts15
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by harryadventurous216
QUESTIONS?
Name: HarryAdventerous216 (Call me Harry)
Room: Garage, Dining Room, Bathroom, Bedroom, Backyard and Backyard Pond.
Question: Just need some designing help. Please may I have pictures too?
Sure thing! (;
Will be posted in next issue.

View Post Originally Posted by MadelyneCinnamon3
Awesome!! Love this magazine.
Thanks! (:
Old 07-23-2012, 04:37 PM
FayeTeddyBear
Trading Teddy

FayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond reputeFayeTeddyBear has a reputation beyond repute
 FayeTeddyBear is offline Status: Offline

QUESTIONS?
Name: FayeTeddyBear
Room: Garage, Backyard Pond
Question:
There are so many things in it already, so how can I decorate these rooms so that they're more interesting and unique to me?

Thanks Stefanie!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:28 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

QUESTIONS?
Name: Madelyne
Room: Backyard, Furry Friend room (for Jr. Cybearguide bear)
Question: What things should I put in the Backyard for it to be "summery" but also versatile? For the FFR, I don't know what to decorate it as xD
Old 07-23-2012, 05:44 PM
Stefaniehearts15
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by FayeTeddyBear
QUESTIONS?
Name: FayeTeddyBear
Room: Garage, Backyard Pond
Question:
There are so many things in it already, so how can I decorate these rooms so that they're more interesting and unique to me?

Thanks Stefanie!
Thanks! (: Will be put in next issue.

View Post Originally Posted by MadelyneCinnamon3
QUESTIONS?
Name: Madelyne
Room: Backyard, Furry Friend room (for Jr. Cybearguide bear)
Question: What things should I put in the Backyard for it to be "summery" but also versatile? For the FFR, I don't know what to decorate it as xD
Will be put in next issue. (:
Old 07-23-2012, 06:25 PM
GabbyGirl88
Polar Bear

GabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond repute
 GabbyGirl88 is offline Status: Offline

Name: GabbyGirl88
What would you like to be called: Gabby
Example of your work: http://www.bearvilleinsider.com/foru...d.php?t=142789
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Houseofanubis123
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Laurenbee160

Houseofanubis123 is on a distinguished road
 Houseofanubis123 is offline Status: Offline

I need help with my main for a party HURRY
Closed Thread