BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2012, 02:27 PM
DiamondLove290
Polar Bear
BABV Name: DiamondLove290

DiamondLove290 is a splendid one to beholdDiamondLove290 is a splendid one to beholdDiamondLove290 is a splendid one to beholdDiamondLove290 is a splendid one to beholdDiamondLove290 is a splendid one to beholdDiamondLove290 is a splendid one to beholdDiamondLove290 is a splendid one to behold
 DiamondLove290 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
I've had people ask for a PSI in exchange for a fountain item, or try to give me only 25 bb in exchange for three PSIs.

What I think would be helpful is if there were a requirement before you could activate trading on your account -- go through a basic test, sorta like the jr cybearguide test, that helps you assess the value of certain items, so that you won't be scammed and won't make unfair demands.
Yup that would be a really good idea (:
Old 08-05-2012, 02:39 PM
DannyBearyCuddly
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DannyAwesome63/AsherGiggly

DannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura about
 DannyBearyCuddly is offline Status: Offline

This is part of the reason why I do not trade anymore.
I am happy with all my items! c:
Old 08-05-2012, 02:56 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by buildabear14
I think that maybe the people who offer fountain items in exchange for a PSI or a rare item are new to BABV or something like that. They might not know how much those things are worth.

I think taking a test to activate trading is a great idea!
I don't think so -- it's rather suspicious when they manage to go through my inventory and single out the PSIs. Gives the distinct impression that they know what they're doing.

But yeah, the test and also change the PSIs so they don't say they're worth only 25bb each. It makes the 'fair' meter look like it's balanced to my side if they offer 100bb for three PSIs.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:14 PM
GabbyGirl88
Polar Bear

GabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond repute
 GabbyGirl88 is offline Status: Offline

I can go days without getting successful trades.
I hate it do much when people try to scam you, or be really unfair.
It's also annoying when people try to make you trade something, or act all inoccent, like "today is my birthday" and "I get no gifts! ". Then if you cancel the use the cry emote.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:16 PM
RainbowDashx
Polar Bear
BABV Name: мιℓℓιє ♥

RainbowDashx is on a distinguished road
 RainbowDashx is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
What I think would be helpful is if there were a requirement before you could activate trading on your account -- go through a basic test, sorta like the jr cybearguide test, that helps you assess the value of certain items, so that you won't be scammed and won't make unfair demands.
That's a perfect idea. Then people can't scam newbies. I've seen that happen, with people who don't know how to trade. If they have just gotten the prize, and then a person trades them for the PSI but gives them a pretty fountain item and they accept.
And another thing to add is that if you are reported for unfair trading/scamming 3 times your trading rights are taken away for 30 days, then you get to take the test again. c:
Old 08-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Zoey2Hip24522
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ^

Zoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to behold
 Zoey2Hip24522 is offline Status: Offline

I can't believe some people do scam new people- I guess their that desperate for items. Sometimes I will just give away my stuff to new people- give them a few hundred bearbills and an outfit, you know?
Old 08-05-2012, 04:33 PM
RainbowDashx
Polar Bear
BABV Name: мιℓℓιє ♥

RainbowDashx is on a distinguished road
 RainbowDashx is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Zoey2Hip24522
I can't believe some people do scam new people- I guess their that desperate for items. Sometimes I will just give away my stuff to new people- give them a few hundred bearbills and an outfit, you know?
Aw, that's so sweet! c: Sometimes if people are like 'it's my birthday!' and I don't really know if it's their birthday or not... I just give them like 500 BB 'cause I don't really buy things much so I have a lot of money.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:58 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

Once I tried to give a newbie 2000 BB because I didn't need it and she kept looking through my stuff and asking for some rare things. So I cancelled the trade xD
There was this girl who was like "Can I borrow your shirt?" and I told her no and then she was going on about how she was making a video and she needed it to make the movie. I'm just like -______- no.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:43 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

yep. I try to give newcomers some food when they take a tour with me, assuring them it's a gift, but they'll swap it out for rare items and 2000bb.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:47 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

Poor newbies. They had a chance for a free gift, but they lost it. >.<
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
doopliss duplicated here!