BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2012, 07:41 PM
tweety

tweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond repute
 tweety is offline Status: Offline

On my main my trades are always off, because when I turn them on it goes crazy with requests.

If someone whispers me to trade I'll ask them to trade and will look through their inventory, but if I don't see anything I like I say thanks and good luck and cancel.
No point in staying in a trade that I'm not going to get anything I want out of.

I despise when people offer me fountain items. I have a side with hundreds of pages of fountain items I don't need anymore.

As far as the newbies go, I try to offer them free stuff, but then they want my rare so I don't give free stuff out anymore, but if I'm on a side and I see one I let them take what ever they want since usually my sides have my doubles and stuff I no longer like bvo and other stuff.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:17 PM
PriscillaBallerina31
Sage Bear
BABV Name: PriscillaBallerina31

PriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond repute
 PriscillaBallerina31 is offline Status: Offline

Please remember you may be playing with small children in bearville that do not understand the values you place on your items.
Also the value of things is just your opinion on what an item is worth to you.
Some people may not like the same items you do or be as attatched to an item like you are.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:18 PM
BEARILICIOUS
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RACHELAPRIL1300

BEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to behold
 BEARILICIOUS is offline Status: Offline

Almost forgot, I also can't stand it when people start offering me their stuff. I wish people would just look through my stuff and see if they want anything, then let me look through theirs. Don't just start off by telling me what you're going to give me without even letting me look, it's rude.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:24 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

Sometimes I'll make an offer more as a good faith gesture than anything -- I worry it'll look bad if I try to trade with nothing on my side.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:27 PM
BEARILICIOUS
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RACHELAPRIL1300

BEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to behold
 BEARILICIOUS is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by PriscillaBallerina31
Please remember you may be playing with small children in bearville that do not understand the values you place on your items.
Also the value of things is just your opinion on what an item is worth to you.
Some people may not like the same items you do or be as attatched to an item like you are.
I was kind of thinking the same thing myself. Thanks for pointing this out!

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
Sometimes I'll make an offer more as a good faith gesture than anything -- I worry it'll look bad if I try to trade with nothing on my side.
I could understand that, but some people when it's your turn to look at their stuff and you change the items, they automatically cancel the trade. I don't understand why they expect to choose from all your stuff but only allow you to choose one or two items of theirs. I guess people just need to remember the golden rule: Treat others the way you would want to be treated. Do that, and you can't go wrong
Old 08-06-2012, 05:44 AM
harryadventurous216
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: HarryAdventurous216

harryadventurous216 is a name known to allharryadventurous216 is a name known to allharryadventurous216 is a name known to allharryadventurous216 is a name known to allharryadventurous216 is a name known to allharryadventurous216 is a name known to all
 harryadventurous216 is offline Status: Offline

One thing I also hate is when they are starting the trade, they take something from me like my TV and then put a flower seed for me and say I can't have anything else. I just cancel. When I'm looking for fountain items, I go to Town Square and ask 'Would anyone trade me a fountain item from this month for a good amount of bear bills?' Many people request, but when I see they're giving me a fountain item for 2,000 BB, I just cancel.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:51 AM
blazetaurus3
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Blazetaurus3

blazetaurus3 has a spectacular aura aboutblazetaurus3 has a spectacular aura about
 blazetaurus3 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MadelyneCinnamon3
Once I tried to give a newbie 2000 BB because I didn't need it and she kept looking through my stuff and asking for some rare things. So I cancelled the trade xD
I do that all the time, when I don't see anything I like in a trade I try to give them something I don't need so I don't seem rude, but people seem to think I'm a pushover and try to just take my BVO stuff for nothing.. I cancel if they do that, I don't like canceling because it annoys me when others do it to me, but sometimes I have to x_x
Old 08-06-2012, 06:30 AM
christmas
Sage Bear
BABV Name: HelenAllheart54

christmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond repute
 christmas is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MadelyneCinnamon3
Poor newbies. They had a chance for a free gift, but they lost it. >.<
Yes I often try to give newbies gifts. They ask me for a trade but they don't have anything I want so I usually have to take out the credit items that they have asked for but I usually add an old fountain item I have too many of or even an item I made at the mall. More often than not despite the fact I say it is a gift they take it out, put the credit item back & add 2000 bb. I tell them not good nothing now & cancel. That is soooo rude !
Old 08-06-2012, 06:38 AM
rachelangel477girl
Trading Teddy

rachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant futurerachelangel477girl has a brilliant future
 rachelangel477girl is offline Status: Offline

I also hate it when newbies ask for rare furniture and credit furniture for 25bb and they don't even have a cub condo.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:07 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

From the behaviour that I've seen, I think that there are quite a few people that 'pose' as new users... but they are side accounts of not-new users.

That's something I've seen quite a lot of -- people posing as new users in order to get things. It's very sad (seriously, this is only a game with virtual items - they aren't real), and it's also very manipulative.

I know most people here are trying to be nice when they see someone that they think is a new user, but keep in mind -- especially if they go immediately to your rarest items in a trade -- they may not be so new after all.

This is one of the many myriad reasons why I have all trades blocked at all times.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
doopliss duplicated here!