BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2012, 05:27 PM
NadineAdventureBear38
Polar Bear
BABV Name: HAPPY EASTER

NadineAdventureBear38 is on a distinguished road
 NadineAdventureBear38 is offline Status: Offline
Arrow Suggestions 101

Hello today I will Be posting my suggestions on bearville

The first thing is that we should a Laundromat.

I think we should have a laundromat because sometimes you clothes get sweaty and stinky so you should.

The next thing is that you should have the school have an assinged teacher and students for the class then you should have class everyday.

The next thing is that we should have a supermarket with food and everything,Including to the supermarket I think that we should be able to cook your own food instead of buying everything at the coffe shop.

The next thing is that we should be able to see our neighbors because that would be awsome,Including to that I think that you should like live somewhere and then stay the instead of roaming aroung the dens and places.

The next thing is that we should have an airport in cunclusion to what I just said so that we can have fun traveling wherever you want to go.

The next thing is that we should have a hotel or more owned by the bearville staff because as we travel we cant live nowhere so we can either live with friends or live in the hotel

That is all my suggestions for now

P.S. Did you guys not notice it says Suggestions not SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT ABOUT MY SUGGESTIONS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg signture.jpg (7.0 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by NadineAdventureBear38; 08-28-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Old 08-05-2012, 05:49 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

I like the hotel, airport, and supermarket ideas (:
Old 08-05-2012, 06:58 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

I don't think a laundromat is needed . . . virtual clothes don't get stinky, and we have washing machines for our condos, anyway. Giving schools assigned teachers and students would be pointless -- there's no assurance that anyone would get on at precisely the right time every day. Life happens, and it's simpler to hold classes with those who are available. Airports are pointless unless we have somewhere to go to, and all the locations in Bearville can easily be reached via train or boat. Adding new locations would take more work than the Bearville staff can really put in (given that it's getting harder for them to simply come up with new fountain items each month). Restricting the den someone can go in would be terrible -- meetups would be virtually impossible.

A hotel might be nice for members who don't have cub condos to stay, though, and a supermarket could be fun.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:04 PM
Stefaniehearts15
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: alli!

Stefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud ofStefaniehearts15 has much to be proud of
 Stefaniehearts15 is offline Status: Offline

I would love to see a supermarket. :]
Old 08-05-2012, 08:00 PM
MeowMeow
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KatrinaAngel128

MeowMeow is on a distinguished road
 MeowMeow is offline Status: Offline

I think that the neighbor idea is great and I also like your grocery store and airport ideas. I think it would be cool to have each country's dens match what the country is like too. I think we also need more hair and that they should bring back some of the retired clothing items and real bears.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:14 PM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

While I think it would be interesting to have neighbours, I don't believe this is possible given the current implementation of bearville.

Although, if you look at the list of people's condos - those are like your 'neighbours', so in a way, this is already done, you just can't see them when you walk up to your own condo.

The short reason:
It would be too complicated / server-intensive and problematic to do, code-wise, if you wanted to show other people's houses when you go up to your own. (Unless you just showed a generic picture of the house with a person's name on it and you'd have to click on the house-picture to go to the actual house... that's much easier but it would have to be random depending on who is on at the time, etc. I don't think this is what you mean though.)

The long reason:
When you go to your condo in bearville, it is an 'instanced' area, meaning that the servers create an instance of your condo that you can visit and make changes to that are persistent, meaning that when you change your house, it stays that way until you change it.

In order to show your neighbours houses (and keep all of their customisations), their house would have to be instanced with your house (and likewise, your house would have to be instanced with theirs)... meaning that instead of having to load just your house when you are online, it would also have to load other people's houses (even if they weren't online, unless your neighbours would change depending on who is on) -- the minute that they have to load other people's houses with your house means that if they make changes then it has to update yours (and whomever their other neighbours are as well), and if you make changes it has to update theirs... which makes for exceptionally, breath-takingly difficult (nigh impossible currently) code - just to do this for *one* person... now imagine having to do this for the millions of people - it just is not a tractable problem, sorry.

(This is why the big pay-per-month-multiplayer games don't have these kinds of features either.)

A supermarket + restaurant / cooking school would be nice... I think it would be cool to buy groceries and buy recipes to make in a mini-game.

Last edited by kassiered; 08-05-2012 at 08:16 PM..
Old 08-05-2012, 09:23 PM
DannyBearyCuddly
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DannyAwesome63/AsherGiggly

DannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura about
 DannyBearyCuddly is offline Status: Offline

I really love the idea of there being an airport!
I remember seeing a BABV trailer and they showed a map of the planet, proving that they're more places other than Bearville!

It would be soo cool if we could have an Airport! (:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:04 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

Woah, where did you find that Danny? :O
Old 08-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Kelseybubblebear
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Kelseybubblebear

Kelseybubblebear is on a distinguished road
 Kelseybubblebear is offline Status: Offline

I like the hotel idea! That would be awesome! Also, maybe there could be an option to rent homes away from home?
Old 08-06-2012, 10:55 PM
DannyBearyCuddly
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DannyAwesome63/AsherGiggly

DannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura about
 DannyBearyCuddly is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MadelyneCinnamon3
Woah, where did you find that Danny? :O
Back then before we were switched to the new Log in screen, we had another one and you could've clicked the billboard and a video popped up called Bearville Trailer xD
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
cybearguide, nadineadventurebear38, suggestion