BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > CyBearGuides

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2012, 11:12 AM
StephanyScooter
Banned

StephanyScooter is a jewel in the roughStephanyScooter is a jewel in the roughStephanyScooter is a jewel in the rough
 StephanyScooter is offline Status: Offline
Default The problem with chat being restricted.

You guys know how strict it is, you can't say the word oh.
Well I'm just putting it out there that people are making it WORSE by getting around the censor what's already there. Then soon that will be banned too, to the point we might not even have chat anymore. I mean, I see why they rebel against it but it's really just making the situation worse.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
Old 08-07-2012, 11:52 AM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

Yep, agreed. It's so frustrating to see which words are being randomly restricted when you try to say a simple sentence -- even if some people find a way to make it rude, it's the people who want to use it legitimately that will pay.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:55 AM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

Agreed with the both of you.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:58 AM
mipie9
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kianaimclever

mipie9 is on a distinguished road
 mipie9 is offline Status: Offline

yes i do not think it is fair for everyone to be punished just the ones who are using the chat rudely
Old 08-07-2012, 01:02 PM
DannyBearyCuddly
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DannyAwesome63/AsherGiggly

DannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura aboutDannyBearyCuddly has a spectacular aura about
 DannyBearyCuddly is offline Status: Offline

The chat system has always been a problem, hence the reason why we were all given Instant Chat. To this day many people abuse words. I wouldn't be surprised if we were all given Instant Chat back.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:04 PM
BEARILICIOUS
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RACHELAPRIL1300

BEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to behold
 BEARILICIOUS is offline Status: Offline

Agreed, but rather than limiting the use of words, why not just monitor it more efficiently. I know this would probably take more man power, but there are plenty of people willing to tell on you if you act up, so seems like it wouldn't be that much of a problem reporting the offenders. For those people who want to say something inappropriate, there will always be a way around things, so why make everyone else suffer. Besides, I thought that's why they had the restricted chat den, for younger players?

Here's an idea, why not create a Den that requires proof of age for older players? It would be like the reverse of the restricted chat den. Then you wouldn't have to worry about younger players seeing or hearing something that might be inappropriate. The same rules could apply, you just would have more freedom with the chat because you've proven your age.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM
siberianhuskylover1
Polar Bear
BABV Name: TaYlaRALLHeArT72!!!

siberianhuskylover1 has a spectacular aura aboutsiberianhuskylover1 has a spectacular aura aboutsiberianhuskylover1 has a spectacular aura about
 siberianhuskylover1 is offline Status: Offline

Yeah, pretty soon bearville might remove Open Chat. I tried to say " If you wanna joins cheerleading..." but they blocked " if you" and you can't say " join" and what's wrong with saying " oh"?
Old 08-07-2012, 04:20 PM
BEARILICIOUS
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RACHELAPRIL1300

BEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to behold
 BEARILICIOUS is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by siberianhuskylover1
Yeah, pretty soon bearville might remove Open Chat. I tried to say " If you wanna joins cheerleading..." but they blocked " if you" and you can't say " join" and what's wrong with saying " oh"?

I guess my mind isn't that trashy either, because I honestly don't see how you could use the word "oh" as anything nasty? Rather be ignorant when it comes to things like this
Old 08-07-2012, 08:11 PM
StephanyScooter
Banned

StephanyScooter is a jewel in the roughStephanyScooter is a jewel in the roughStephanyScooter is a jewel in the rough
 StephanyScooter is offline Status: Offline

I agree Molly! It's ridiculous.
People abuse the whole thing, even with restrictions. Today I saw 2 people calling each other "No ds life" *facepalm*
Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 PM
ChocoLuv
Polar Bear
BABV Name: choco ☆

ChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to behold
 ChocoLuv is offline Status: Offline

Oh gossh ):
If people are going to try to use the chat in a bad way, they should quit BV and go to another website where they can do all that stuff. They're just making it worse on BV!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT