BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Yikes! I need help!! > Guides & How-to's

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2012, 09:13 AM
lauracamper12
Polar Bear

lauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to behold
 lauracamper12 is offline Status: Offline
Default How-To: Remove Watermarks || For Gimp, translatable. ||

Click the image to open in full size.
Have you ever wondered how you remove something that you don't want in a picture? Have you ever wondered how to take some little word deep in the corner that you don't want? Well those things are called watermarks. And I'm here to show you how they can be removed from a picture.
BI doesn't allow watermarks, like credits, so this would be the perfect guide for you!(:
This takes a lot of patience to do, and
IMPORTANT: Use a brush that's circle fuzzy:
I just made this guide to help you guys take out a word that you don't want, maybe like the word "Apple."

Step 1. - Take your picture, I will be using this simple photo. -
See how there is some Chinese letters, and The Girl of Summer? Well I want to take it off, simple, now here’s the next step!...
Step 2.- Taking off the watermarks or letters we don't want.
Click on the Color Picker Tool which is this:

.Hover over the part where you want the watermark gone… And click it using the Color Picker Tool, (this tool will immediately pick up the color, exactly.) The color I got from clicking is: #f3f1e5. Now remember that was what I clicked on the top of the Chinese letters, I have to do it bits by bits because the color might be different for each section. [I probably confused you so here’s what you got to do each time with the color picker tool.]:

.So so far I got this: (I didn’t go by parts, I went by letter.)

.My final result!:
(I rushed on this one, sorry.)

Now it's your turn!: If you have any questions, VM me, or post on here.(:

Last edited by lauracamper12; 08-15-2012 at 09:22 AM..
Old 08-14-2012, 09:15 AM
GabbyGirl88
Polar Bear

GabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond repute
 GabbyGirl88 is offline Status: Offline

Nice guide.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:16 PM
TheDinoGirl
Polar Bear
BABV Name: IsabelMusicMaker8

TheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTheDinoGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 TheDinoGirl is offline Status: Offline

Sorry if I'm going off-topic or anything, but I just wanna caution you guys first. If the picture is copyrighted, removing the watermark is actually illegal. So just be careful, guys.

Btw nice guide. (:
Old 08-14-2012, 05:16 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by TheDinoGirl
Sorry if I'm going off-topic or anything, but I just wanna caution you guys first. If the picture is copyrighted, removing the watermark is actually illegal. So just be careful, guys.

Btw nice guide. (:
Even though this guide is great, I just hope you don't do any illegal ones. Not like you're gonna get arrested though, lol.
Great guide!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 AM
ChocoLuv
Polar Bear
BABV Name: choco ☆

ChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to behold
 ChocoLuv is offline Status: Offline

Btw nice guide. (:
Thanks for the warning!
It helps a lot (:

And cool guide!
Old 08-15-2012, 09:15 AM
lauracamper12
Polar Bear

lauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to beholdlauracamper12 is a splendid one to behold

Btw nice guide. (:
Thanks for the warning, sweetie.
But I really just made this guide not really to take off the copyright, more like words you don't want, so that the picture is the only thing there.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:54 AM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

I got bored and did most of them, lol.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:37 PM
lauracamper12
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
I got bored and did most of them, lol.

Those are really good, omg!(:
Old 08-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Zoey2Hip24522
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ^

Zoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to beholdZoey2Hip24522 is a splendid one to behold
 Zoey2Hip24522 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the guide! Very helpful!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:43 PM
JessyWeasley
Banned

JessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud ofJessyWeasley has much to be proud of
 JessyWeasley is offline Status: Offline

i didn't know we were allowed to remove watermarks; they're there so people don't steal the image.. xD
but good guide.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, carefultheoatmealmaybehot, guide, laura<3