BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 08:05 PM
GabbyGirl88
Polar Bear

GabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond reputeGabbyGirl88 has a reputation beyond repute
 GabbyGirl88 is offline Status: Offline
Default Gimp - Simple Icon.

GIMP - ICONS

ICONS;
The very simple ones. In this tutorial, I'll show you how to make good quality, and beautiful icons. Once you get the steps down, it can take you a minute or two to make one. **The steps look long, but I was just going into detail, so don't worry, it shouldn't take long!

Spoiler: show
STEP ONE; Finding the Photo.
This step to me, is the hardest. Finding a good, quality photo, can be difficult. For celebrities, stock, & site models, I suggest 'weheartit.com', and for just really pretty stock, 'beautyineverything.com'. Make sure your picture isn't grainy or blurry, everything should look close to perfect. When saving the image, always, ALWAYS, save it as a '.png'.

STEP TWO; Set up the icon.
I do my icons a bit differently from others, and highly suggest this way. It's much more simple then cropping it. Anyway, first you need to open gimp, and then we'll open a new canvas. Do so by, File>New> Change the Width & Height to 100, and 100, and press 'OK'.

STEP THREE; Getting the Image on the Canvas.
Go to File>Open as Layers, and select your image you want as an icon. It will look big at first, don't worry!

STEP FOUR; Make the Image fit.
Now we are going to make the image fit the icon. Go to your toolbox, and click the move tool. Next, go to Layer>Scale Layer. Press the down arrow on either the width or height, it doesn't matter, and just scale the layer down a bit, and press 'OK'. It's different for every image how much you scale it, so there is no wrong number. But never scale up! If you do on accident, just go to Edit> Undo Scale Layer. Using the move tool, as I said before, move the layer around. If it still too big, scale it a little more, then move it some more, till it looks just right. If you scale it a little too small, go to Edit>Undo Scale Layer.

STEP FIVE; Better Quality.(OPTIONAL)
This part is very easy! All you have to do is go to Dockable Dialogues>Layers, and select the image your layer is on. Next, go to Colors>Brightness-Contrast, and then bring the brightness up & contrast up till your image looks a bit nicer. Remember not to bring these up too high though.

STEP SIX; You're Done!
Good Job! (:

Old 10-01-2012, 08:19 PM
HannahGlamourBear47
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Madisson c:

HannahGlamourBear47 has a spectacular aura aboutHannahGlamourBear47 has a spectacular aura about
 HannahGlamourBear47 is offline Status: Offline

I tried it and it works really well, thanks!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:45 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

Great instructions, great guide, thanks!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT