BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Irocker1021
Polar Bear
BABV Name: alexrocker1021

Irocker1021 is a jewel in the roughIrocker1021 is a jewel in the roughIrocker1021 is a jewel in the rough
 Irocker1021 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
I don't really get the significance of the 143 on the chest of the koala. xD
I think I like #2 the best but honestly all of the faces creep me out..
In one of his songs he says "when your thinking about me text me 143 that means I love you" and then "girl I'll be your everything you want me to be..." sry, I love Cody Simpson xD
Old 10-23-2012, 12:53 AM
iLovePandas986
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ♥Call me Panda♥

iLovePandas986 is a jewel in the roughiLovePandas986 is a jewel in the roughiLovePandas986 is a jewel in the rough
 iLovePandas986 is offline Status: Offline

I just have one question...why do all the surveys ask personal stuff at the end like your race, what country or/state do you live in or if your a boy or a girl or how old you are..this makes me feel very ensicure like maybe there able to track your home or adress something like that.. i may sound over-dramatic but, you should probably try not to ask those kinda questions considering even in the "polls" section here on bearville insider, says not to ask any personal questions..if thats rule braking, you should ask yourselfs why then you will relize whats wrong...just saying
Old 10-23-2012, 09:53 AM
awesomechic
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Z-Z-Za-Zoey

awesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond reputeawesomechic has a reputation beyond repute
 awesomechic is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by iLovePandas986
I just have one question...why do all the surveys ask personal stuff at the end like your race, what country or/state do you live in or if your a boy or a girl or how old you are..this makes me feel very ensicure like maybe there able to track your home or adress something like that.. i may sound over-dramatic but, you should probably try not to ask those kinda questions considering even in the "polls" section here on bearville insider, says not to ask any personal questions..if thats rule braking, you should ask yourselfs why then you will relize whats wrong...just saying
They don't want to track you down, they just want to know who their audience is. Who still buys their bear, so that's why they ask for gender and age. It isn't rule breaking if Build-a-bear workshop, who this forum is made for, makes the polls. If it was against the rules i'm sure one of the admins would've informed Joe by now.

Last edited by awesomechic; 10-23-2012 at 09:55 AM..
Old 10-23-2012, 12:07 PM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by iLovePandas986
That information is called "demographics" to researchers/marketers. When you fill out almost any kind of survey, there will be these kinds of questions.

Demographics places groups of people into categories so that marketers/researchers can view information by those groups.

It's a bit like wanting to know how many songs you have that are pop or rap. Pop and Rap are groups. If you want to know more information, like, how many pop songs you have from singers that are from the UK, then you're starting to get into the 'demographics' of your music collection. If you wanted even more information about the songs you have, like say, how many pop songs are from artists in the UK that were produced between 1990 and 1999 -- then that's a lot like looking at demographics of people.

Surveys like this do not care who you are 'personally', but what they want to know is where you fit into all of the little groups. Just like counting the number of pop songs by UK singers that were produced between 1990 and 1999, when you answer survey questions about race, age, country, etc. you are becoming one of a 'group' to be counted, and not looked at individually.

If you answer that you're a girl, over 13, from canada -- then you count as one of the people in the demographics group of "Girls over 13 from canada" ... which is anonymous -- you're a number, not a specific person that they can track like that.

When you talk about these kinds of items on an online forum, however, it is tied to your username, which is tied to your email, which is tied to you -- and that IS personal information. This is why it's not recommended that you give out personal information online, but why it's usually ok to answer 'generic' questions about your race, age, location in a survey (especially if they're not asking for your full name, address, phone number, etc.).

Does this make sense? It's the difference between being an anonymous 'number' to be counted in a group and sharing information that someone could use to track you personally.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:13 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

I can get asking gender, age, and location -- it can help them market their products, knowing that certain designs are more popular in certain areas, and to aim marketing at a certain gender -- but the race part feels iffy.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:35 PM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
I can get asking gender, age, and location -- it can help them market their products, knowing that certain designs are more popular in certain areas, and to aim marketing at a certain gender -- but the race part feels iffy.
I agree with this, but I don't recall BABW ever asking my race but maybe they did and I'm just not remembering, lol.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:39 PM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
If you want to make sure that your product has appeal to many races, you would need to see race information in a survey.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:04 AM
AliceDecember7
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: alice

AliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond repute
 AliceDecember7 is offline Status: Offline

I think that would be cool c: Since like he's more popular with kids rather than Justin Bieber because his music is kind of aimed at older people like you know xD
Old 11-04-2012, 02:14 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
Ah, gotcha.

I think it'd be cuter without that on there personally. A lot of people like myself know of Cody but won't get the significance. xD
Same here. That koala was my fav, even though I don't even really like Cody Simpson.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear
BABV Name: aliceluv46, caylinsprinkles

Paddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to behold
 Paddingtona is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Abbyalohabear
The Koala is cute. But i'm not a fan of Cody simpson. Now, if it was a one direction bear or Justin Bieber bear, I'd totally buy it. xD
There are 1D bears, you know

I took it. It was awsome
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
aloha i was here ♫