BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Be Beariffic! > Bearemy's Giveaways

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2012, 08:41 AM
BEARILICIOUS
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RACHELAPRIL1300

BEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to behold
 BEARILICIOUS is offline Status: Offline
Red face Election Day Bearemy Gift

Hi everyone

I just wanted to remind everyone that Bearemy is giving away a gift today in honor of Election Day in the USA. The gift if an outdoor American flag you can hang outside your cub condo. I'm not sure if everyone will receive an American Flag, but in the USA you will.

Hope this helped!
Old 11-06-2012, 08:58 AM
christmas
Sage Bear
BABV Name: HelenAllheart54

christmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond reputechristmas has a reputation beyond repute
 christmas is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for posting.

I'm in the UK and got the USA flag too. Another duplicate item though. Better than nothing I suppose but I could have bought one for 250 BB if I had wanted one of those from the Bear Stuff Store. A little more imagination about the gift would have been nice. It would have been better if it was on its own long free standing flag poll may be that could have been put on the ground.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 AM
ChocoLuv
Polar Bear
BABV Name: choco ☆

ChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to behold
 ChocoLuv is offline Status: Offline

Cool. Well, here's a picture of the prize.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:42 AM
maggiesprinkles43
Trading Teddy

maggiesprinkles43 is a name known to allmaggiesprinkles43 is a name known to allmaggiesprinkles43 is a name known to allmaggiesprinkles43 is a name known to allmaggiesprinkles43 is a name known to allmaggiesprinkles43 is a name known to all
 maggiesprinkles43 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for posting. (:
Old 11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

they've got the freestanding flags in the bear stuff store. Still an annoying gift for anyone outside the US to get. As usual, they're the only country that exists.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:46 PM
buildabear14
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BrittanyBearyCool63

buildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to all
 buildabear14 is offline Status: Offline

Oh when I got it I thought it was a flag you could hold.

I think the prize should of been a button you could wear (like the Jr Cybearguide badge) that says I voted! or something (I think that's what you get in real life).
Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 PM
MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future

View Post Originally Posted by buildabear14
Oh when I got it I thought it was a flag you could hold.

I think the prize should of been a button you could wear (like the Jr Cybearguide badge) that says I voted! or something (I think that's what you get in real life).
Yeah, that'd work -- something related to the Bearville election instead of the US election. As is, no.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:29 PM
TheHappy
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AbigailHappy5

TheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to behold
 TheHappy is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
Yeah, that'd work -- something related to the Bearville election instead of the US election. As is, no.
Let's start sending emails to Maxine, guys!
If we don't send in our suggestions, the giveaways will continue to be duplicates/lame items. xD
Old 11-06-2012, 03:54 PM
MollyFlyer

Oh, that was quick! I sent her an email and she already replied.
Quote:
Dear Maxine,

I have been a member of Bearville since 2008, but lately, Bearville's ethnocentric approach has been increasingly annoying. With Chloe's blog saying last year that Canada doesn't actually celebrate Thanksgiving, Canada day being ignored completely this year, Labour Day treated as a US-only holiday with tacky stars-and-stripes sunglasses, and the pretense of the election being for a 'Bearville Ambassador' being dropped today for Bearemy to hand out an American flag, it's rather alienating to anyone who lives outside the United States. Even to those who live within the United States, I fail to see the benefit in convincing them that theirs is the only country on the planet that matters.

An international game should be treated like an international game. Acknowledge that other countries have holidays, but keep things neutral so they're not so annoying to people who aren't from that country. Have fireworks for Guy Fawkes day, a bottle of maple syrup for your cub condo for Canada day, something barbecue-themed for labour day, and hand out a Bearville flag for the Bearville election instead of pushing politics onto a site aimed at children too young to vote.

Thank you for your time.

MollyFlyer
Quote:
Thanks for your feedback—this is very important and appreciated and I will share with our team. All country holidays are important and should be shared with each other—they help us work together as a world!

Sincerely,
Maxine
Old 11-06-2012, 03:58 PM
TheHappy
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AbigailHappy5

TheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to beholdTheHappy is a splendid one to behold
 TheHappy is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
Oh, that was quick! I sent her an email and she already replied.
Yay!
She's always been very open to suggestions, and that's really nice. (:
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT