BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Be Beariffic! > Bearemy's Giveaways

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2012, 04:08 PM
buildabear14
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BrittanyBearyCool63

buildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to all
 buildabear14 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
Oh, that was quick! I sent her an email and she already replied.
Wow that was fast! I hope this means we'll be seeing some changes in Bearville soon.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:22 PM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

I agree about the flag. I would have much rathered something related to the Bearville election (and a new item at that).
I can definitely understand the frustration coming from non-US members. I would really love to see other countries get a chance to share their holidays with the rest of us. Some of them are quite interesting to learn about!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear
BABV Name: aliceluv46, caylinsprinkles

Paddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to behold
 Paddingtona is offline Status: Offline

What is Maxine's email?
Old 11-09-2012, 11:49 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
I agree about the flag. I would have much rathered something related to the Bearville election (and a new item at that).
I can definitely understand the frustration coming from non-US members. I would really love to see other countries get a chance to share their holidays with the rest of us. Some of them are quite interesting to learn about!
Same here.
I liked the Canada Day gifts! They were always so cool : D
Old 11-10-2012, 03:24 AM
BEARILICIOUS
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RACHELAPRIL1300

BEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to beholdBEARILICIOUS is a splendid one to behold
 BEARILICIOUS is offline Status: Offline

Yes, you guys are absolutely right. Let's just do away with everything that's American. But then again, Build a Bear is an American company.

I'm really tired of all the Anti-American semantics. If you really don't want to have anything to do with America/Americans, maybe Bearville should just be available in America only. Or maybe each country should have their own site where only members from that country can play?

Seriously, I don't see a problem with adding in Holidays and celebrations of other countries. I actually would love to learn about other places around the world. I do have a problem when I'm suddenly supposed to put my Holidays and the celebrations of my country where the Company was actually founded and is still based today on the back burner just because people from other countries don't want to share in our culture. America welcomes cultures from around the world, so why then does the rest of the world find so much displeasure with us?

It seems like there is a lot of underlying animosity towards Americans at the heart of this. A gift is given out to all players in honor of the American Presidential elections and suddenly some people have a problem with celebrating Election Day? If you choose not to celebrate with Americans on a very important date then don't accept the gift. If an American flag is so displeasing then there is a delete button in your inventory.

Why not add in some global culture without leaving out Americans?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:49 AM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BEARILICIOUS
Yes, you guys are absolutely right. Let's just do away with everything that's American. But then again, Build a Bear is an American company.

I'm really tired of all the Anti-American semantics. If you really don't want to have anything to do with America/Americans, maybe Bearville should just be available in America only. Or maybe each country should have their own site where only members from that country can play?

Seriously, I don't see a problem with adding in Holidays and celebrations of other countries. I actually would love to learn about other places around the world. I do have a problem when I'm suddenly supposed to put my Holidays and the celebrations of my country where the Company was actually founded and is still based today on the back burner just because people from other countries don't want to share in our culture. America welcomes cultures from around the world, so why then does the rest of the world find so much displeasure with us?

It seems like there is a lot of underlying animosity towards Americans at the heart of this. A gift is given out to all players in honor of the American Presidential elections and suddenly some people have a problem with celebrating Election Day? If you choose not to celebrate with Americans on a very important date then don't accept the gift. If an American flag is so displeasing then there is a delete button in your inventory.

Well, we never said to leave out Americans. I'm American too you know, but just because BABW is an American founded company, that doesn't mean America should be the most important. Canada Day wasn't celebrated this year, and as Molly said, why did they put the American Flag on the Labor Day glasses? Many countries celebrate Labor Day, not just America.
It seems BABW is very biased towards America and even though they're an American company they should focus towards other countries with more equality and celebrate some holidays from their culture and not Americanize everything.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:03 PM
AliceDecember7
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: alice

AliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond reputeAliceDecember7 has a reputation beyond repute
 AliceDecember7 is offline Status: Offline

thanks for posting, the flag's better than nothing but I agree with Helen :P
Old 11-10-2012, 12:49 PM
hollissilly
Polar Bear
BABV Name: hollissilly

hollissilly is on a distinguished road
 hollissilly is offline Status: Offline

Mehhhhh, I really didn't like the gift, because I already have one. I guess I cound trade it off to someone...or sell it. I have a lot of bearbills that I can't even spend because I ran out of room in my inventory..oh well. BABV can do better and make it more creative. Maybe a animated glittering American Flag? That's much better than now. Agree?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:00 PM
buildabear14
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BrittanyBearyCool63

buildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to allbuildabear14 is a name known to all
 buildabear14 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BEARILICIOUS

We never said we didn't want them to celebrate American holidays. It's perfectly fine that they do as long as they celebrate holidays from other countries too. There are Build-A-Bear Workshops in other countries besides America so I don't think it's fair for Bearville to only acknowledge American holidays. Being American myself I do love that Bearville celebrates American holidays, but what if I lived in another country? I would be upset that my national holidays were not being recognized and would want to do something about it.

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone, that wasn't my intention at all. :)
Old 11-10-2012, 05:55 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging American holidays. No one said to do away with celebrating American holidays. But they're ONLY acknowledging American holidays. No Canada Day. The Thanksgiving stuff doesn't hit stores until a month after the fact. Labour Day disregarded the fact that it's an international holiday.

Not to mention, election day? Not a holiday. Marking the Bearville election -- it's their choice to have it on the same day -- is one thing, but turning the focus entirely to the US is another. BABW is an international company and should act like it.

How would you like it if Bearville ignored the fourth of July, had Chloe's blog comment that Americans didn't actually celebrate Thanksgiving because it was a month late, and plastered the Canadian flag on half their giveaways? Because that's the way it feels to us.

Last edited by MollyFlyer; 11-10-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT