BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Abbe2Hip64762
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Abbe2Hip64762

Abbe2Hip64762 is on a distinguished road
 Abbe2Hip64762 is offline Status: Offline

My favorite sweet treat would have to be Macaroons!! They are sweet, light, delicious and can come in many beautiful colors! I love making them for me, my family and my friends. Although it does take a lot of time and work especially if you want to make them perfect. Here's a good recipe:
4 large egg whites (or 5 small – 140g (4.94 ounces))
1/3 cup caster sugar (70g (2.47 ounces))
1 1/2 cups icing sugar (230g (8.11 ounces))
1 cup almond meal (120g (4.23 ounces))
2g (0.07 ounces) salt (tiny pinch)
gel food colouring (optional)
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:05 PM
maddybear122
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Maddybear122

maddybear122 has a spectacular aura aboutmaddybear122 has a spectacular aura about
 maddybear122 is offline Status: Offline

My favorite sweet treat would have to be caramel apple cider cookies! YUM!
They are absolutely the best cookies I've ever tasted! Just the taste of the caramel in your mouth, especially when they are hot right out of the oven is the best! Here is an autumn recipe that you must try!!
Recipe:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (7.4 ounce) box Alpine Spiced Apple Cider Instant Original Drink Mix (*not sugar free*)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 (14 ounce) bag Kraft Caramels, unwrapped
Method:
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line cookie sheets with parchment or a silpat. (The melted caramel may stick to the bottom if you just use cooking spray on a plain baking sheet.)

In a small bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. With an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar, salt and all 10 packages of apple cider drink mix powder, until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix well. Gradually add flour mixture to butter/egg mixture. Mix until just combined.

Scoop out cookie dough ball about the size of a walnut (about 2 tablespoons). Flatten the ball of dough slightly in the palm of your hand. Press the unwrapped caramel into the center of your dough and seal the dough around it, covering it completely. Shape the dough into a ball, and place on parchment covered cookie sheets about 3 inches apart.

Bake 12-14 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges. Once the cookies are done, carefully slide the parchment or silpat off of the baking sheet right out onto the counter. Allow cookies to partially cool on the parchment/silpat. When cookies are cool enough to be firm but still slightly warm, carefully twist off of parchment and allow to finish cooling upside down (either on the parchment/silpat or on a rack).

Hope you guys try it out and ENJOYY! (:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caramel-apple-cider-cookies-21.jpg (33.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by maddybear122; 01-13-2013 at 10:06 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 AM
KailyKiwi66
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KailyKiwi66

KailyKiwi66 is on a distinguished road
 KailyKiwi66 is offline Status: Offline
Default Little Girl’s Gingerbread cookies

Little Girl and Her family live at Gingerbread House, at The North Pole. Her family enjoys baking Gingerbread cookies during Christmas Time. And Christmas Time is favourite holiday for our Little Girl. Then all Her family gathers together at the kitchen. Even the younger sisters and brothers have full hands of work. All house is full of smells - spices and baked cookies, laughter and hugs.
Her family follows MRS. CLAUS pawfect Gingerbread cookies recipe.

*poster with Gingerbread cookies and text was created by myself - drawing, scanning, painting
*story was written by me
*recipe is from MRS. CLAUS kitchen at Bearville at North Pole
Old 01-14-2013, 03:16 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline
Default Lemon Drizzle Muffins

Lemon Drizzle Muffins

A home-made recipe from my mother's best friend. Finely grated lemon, with light, icing sugar drizzled on top, and then moist, filling sponge with a gooey center/re. Oh so delicious, and scrumptious. When this delight enters your mouth, the only way I can describe it is a tingly feeling exciting your taste buds. It feels so lovely on your teeth, and when you swallow this treat, you need to have more! It is best served warm in the microwave, but it can be served cold, or with syrup. Me and my best friend/buddy, Anna, have made these before. It was so yummy that she ate the lemon juice that was meant to go in the bowl for the muffin mixture! I don't eat the batter because the raw egg sometiems causes upset tummies or stomaches, so I rarely eat the batter. If I do, I always make sure I lick the bowl. Below is a picture of the recipe leaning against my tin bread tin. She also gave me a recipe for Blueberry muffins and Double Chocolate, but Lemon Drizzle has got to be the most tempting!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (92.8 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by NeonSmiley : ); 01-14-2013 at 03:27 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 01:13 PM
summerscooter28
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Summer♥

summerscooter28 is a splendid one to beholdsummerscooter28 is a splendid one to beholdsummerscooter28 is a splendid one to beholdsummerscooter28 is a splendid one to beholdsummerscooter28 is a splendid one to beholdsummerscooter28 is a splendid one to beholdsummerscooter28 is a splendid one to behold
 summerscooter28 is offline Status: Offline

Yay! Thanks for organizing another contest Tweety!

Wow, From sweet, refreshing peppermint creams to creamy roasted marshmallows, I have so many favourite sweet treats!

But my favourite sweet treat of all, has to be gooey chocolate brownies, fresh from the oven, complete with a drizzle of warm chocolate sauce and creamy melting marshmallows on the crispy top of the brownies. Underneath is warm and gooey, and with every bite takes you one step closer to heaven. You can just feel the warmth of the brownie sinking down to your stomache, warming you up on a cold winters day. The chocolate chips simply melt in your mouth and the smell of the baking brownies is truly divine.

How to make Gooey Chocolate Brownies
Credit to AllRecipies.co.uk for giving me the idea on how to make them. However, I didn't copy what the website wrote word for word. I added in steps and changed wording etc.

You will need:
110g of melted butter
2 eggs
200g of caster sugar
30g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g of self raising flour
A packet of marshmallows (prefferably mini ones)
A packet of chocolate chips (milk, white or dark)
1 bar of dak chocolate (can be milk or white though)

(The last three ingrediants above are optional)

Step one:

Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour a 20cm square tin.

Step Two:
In a medium bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the vanilla and stir in walnuts, if using. Spread evenly into the prepared tin.

Step three:
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until edges are firm. Cut into small squares.

Step Four:
Melt your bar of chocolate in the oven/ microwave and once cool, put into a food bag.

Step Five:
Carefully cut a small hole in the corner of the food bag and squeeze the chocolate onto the crispy top of the brownie.

Step Six:
Arrange the marshmallows onto the top of the brownie.

Then sit back, relax and enjoy.

mmmmmmm.....
Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
stephanielovesanimals
Knut
BABV Name: Annajuly109

stephanielovesanimals is on a distinguished road
 stephanielovesanimals is offline Status: Offline

My favorite sweet snack is Peanut Butter S'mores They are so yummy and you can make them inside at any time of the year! You will need :
1/2 Cup of Peanut Butter
18 Graham Cracker Squares
1 1/2 Cups of Marshmallows (any size)
1/2 Cup of Chopped Salted Peanuts
1/2 Cup of Chocolate Chips
*If you are allergic to peanut butter use a chocolate spread or nutella!*
Spread peanut butter over 1 side of each graham cracker. Place 9 of the graham crackers, peanut butter sides up, in square microwavable dish. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over crackers. Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate chips over marshmallows. Top with remaining graham crackers, peanut butter sides down.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Then wait for them to cool and cut them if needed!
ENJOY! (sorry i couldn't get a picture up i am new to BI!)
Old 01-21-2013, 05:18 PM
CathiBear21
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CathiBear21

CathiBear21 has a spectacular aura aboutCathiBear21 has a spectacular aura about
 CathiBear21 is offline Status: Offline

My favorite sweet treat is Ice Cream Floats !
It's my favorite desert because it's really simple and delicious.
1. put some scoops of any ice cream you want (and put however many scoops you want)
2. Pour any type of soda into the cup
3. Place any toppings you want
4. Voila, your sweet treat is ready for digging in !
Old 01-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear
BABV Name: aliceluv46, caylinsprinkles

Paddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to behold
 Paddingtona is offline Status: Offline

I LOVE chocolate, and I especially love it in cookies. The BEST recipe ever, in my opinion, is the one of "Healthier" Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are called healthier, because they use oats, which are good for you, and use less sugar. It is fast, easy, and DELICIOUS. This recipe is from my old cooking teacher, and I have made it numerous times. This recipe makes approxamitly 32 cookies, so you can double or divide however you need. 16 cookies lasted 3 hours in our family of 4. NOTICE: If you are not an adult, please ask a guardian before making the cookies and using the oven. Thanks you=)

This is what you will need:
large mixing bowl
liquid measuring cup
dry measuring cups
measuring spoons
straight edge (to measure flour and sugar accurately)
wire whisker
wooden spoon
two spoons (to spoon out cookie dough)
cookie sheets ( 16 cookies per sheet sheet)
spatula
cooling rack OR paper towel (cooling rack if you want cookies to be crunchy, paper towel if you want them to be chewy.)

Ingredients needed (NOTE: this is if you are making the 32 cookie batch. If making more or less, use how much needed=):
2/3 cups canola oil
1 ¼ cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 egg
1 ¾ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup oats
2/3 cup chocolate chips

Preset oven to 375 degrees.

Measure brown sugar, oil, milk and vanilla, and then put ingredients into a large mixing bowl.

Crack open an egg and then add to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl.

Stir together the ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth.

Measure the flour, baking soda, and salt and place into a medium sized bowl. Stir to blend. Then put the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl with the other ingredients, and stir them in using a wooden spoon.

Add in the oats and stir in.

Add and stir in the chocolate chips.

Using two spoons, spoon out the cookie dough on the cookie sheets, spacing evenly. Make sure all the cookies are the same size (use all the dough) The cookies DO get bigger, about 2 times bigger=)

Place cookies sheets in the oven with one on the top shelf and one on a lower shelf. (One to the right and one to the left. Set timer for 5 minutes, then switch the cookie sheets with one another.

Bake cookies 3 more minutes, but WATCH VERY CAREFULLY THE LAST MINUTE OF BAKING.

Remove trays from oven and set out to cool for 1-2 minutes.

Using a spatula or turner, remove cookies and place on paper towels to make them chewy, or on a cooling rack to make them crunchy.

Eat and enjoy! =)

NOTICE: The picture is not mine, it is my friends=) She has an AMAZING camera=D
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chip-cookies-ck-1031646-l.jpg (20.3 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Paddingtona; 01-24-2013 at 09:24 PM..
Old 01-23-2013, 08:38 PM
AbbiCuddles19
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AbbiCuddles19

AbbiCuddles19 is a jewel in the roughAbbiCuddles19 is a jewel in the roughAbbiCuddles19 is a jewel in the roughAbbiCuddles19 is a jewel in the rough
 AbbiCuddles19 is offline Status: Offline

My favorite sweet snack is a family favorite- ice cream! Whether it's summer or winter, you can be sure someone in my family will say, "How about some ice cream?" after we eat dinner. For as a long as I can remember, I've loved vanilla ice cream, and this is my one of my favorite ways to eat it!

This picture shows what it might look like- but to make my sundae, crumble up the cookies (with your hands or with a rolling pin)!

Ice cream may be simple, but to me, that's why it's so great! I love how there are hundreds of flavors, and you can't go wrong with simple, like vanilla, or wild, like triple chocolate fudge brownie. It's perfect for a hot summer day, or if you're in my family, even a cold winter day!

I've always felt like ice cream is so full of memories when you eat it- not only can you taste the sweetness, but you can taste memories of happy summer days!

(As a side note, I did make both the recipe card (the ice cream on the recipe card is a food from bearville) and the background of the picture of the ice cream!)
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM
savanahcute25
Trading Teddy

savanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond reputesavanahcute25 has a reputation beyond repute
 savanahcute25 is offline Status: Offline

One of my favorite sweet treats is called Kulfi. Kulfi is an Indian dessert, and it is a type of ice cream that can easily be made at home. I've loved ice cream for a long time, but this is a flavor/type that I really love. It is also known as Indian pistachio ice cream. I don't like pistachios, but I love the ice cream. My mom makes this at home for dessert several times a month, and it is something that anyone would love. <3 Homemade kulfi is always the best! This is a perfect treat for the summer when it's hot, but I personally eat it in the winter too. xD

Here is a recipe:

Ingredients:
4 cups milk
8 tsp. sugar or to taste
1/2 tsp. ground green cardamom seeds
1tbsp. skinned pistachios, thinly sliced
1tbsp. skinned almonds, finely ground (optional)

Preparation of kulfi recipe :
Put the milk into a wide, heavy pan and bring to boil over high heat, stiring constantly.
Now lower the heat and cook the milk, stirring constantly, until it has thickened and reduced to about 13/4th cups. (This will take about 40-45 minutes). Stir the sides of the pan constantly to avoid scalding.
Now add the sugar, nuts and cardamom seeds, stir well, allow to cool.
Pour the mixture into ice cream molds or small ramekins, distributing evenly. Cover with plastic wrap or foil and freeze until set, about 6 hours.
To serve, remove the ice-cream from the molds by running a sharp knife around the edges of the pista kulfi. Slip each kulfi on to a dessert plate, cut across into 3-4 slices, and serve.

Here is a picture of what it looks like:

Credit to google for recipe and pictures.

Enjoy! (Trust me, this is delicious!)

Good luck to everyone that entered this contest! You all have amazing treats, and it is really making me hungry. xD

Last edited by savanahcute25; 01-25-2013 at 12:19 PM..
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT