BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Drew
Polar Bear
BABV Name: many names.

Drew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the rough
 Drew is offline Status: Offline
Question Answered: Low Quality Avatar?..

So, yeah, hi. (:

I'm pretty new to this forum thing, and I think setting my avatar up was pretty easy. I had finished editing it on GIMP, saved it as .PNG and everything... but why does it look so grainy-like when I upload it? As if it's low-quality?

Bleh, I dunno. But I appreciate the help I'd get. (:
Thank you.
Best Answer - Posted by Irocker1021
View Post Originally Posted by Drew
So, yeah, hi. (:

I'm pretty new to this forum thing, and I think setting my avatar up was pretty easy. I had finished editing it on GIMP, saved it as .PNG and everything... but why does it look so grainy-like when I upload it? As if it's low-quality?

Thank you.
make sure you size it as either 100x100 or 120x120 or else the forum will resize it to the correct size and it will lose quality.
If that is not the case then maybe check to see that (if you are getting it from a URL) you returned the picture to it's full size before uploading as an avatar.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:18 PM
MadelyneCinnamon3
Polar Bear

MadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant futureMadelyneCinnamon3 has a brilliant future
 MadelyneCinnamon3 is offline Status: Offline

Maybe try resizing it to 1OOx1OO?
If it was already a JPG and then you saved it as a PNG, perhaps it still is a little bad quality.
Idk d:
Old 01-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Irocker1021
Polar Bear
BABV Name: alexrocker1021

Irocker1021 is a jewel in the roughIrocker1021 is a jewel in the roughIrocker1021 is a jewel in the rough
 Irocker1021 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Drew
So, yeah, hi. (:

Thank you.
make sure you size it as either 100x100 or 120x120 or else the forum will resize it to the correct size and it will lose quality.
If that is not the case then maybe check to see that (if you are getting it from a URL) you returned the picture to it's full size before uploading as an avatar.

Last edited by Irocker1021; 01-19-2013 at 09:46 PM..
Old 01-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Drew
Polar Bear
BABV Name: many names.

Drew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the roughDrew is a jewel in the rough
 Drew is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Irocker1021
Alrighty, I'll try that, thank you. c:
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
alexwasnthere, madelyne