BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Beary Creative! > Kitchen Fun!

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Jalynpink
Banned
BABV Name: Jay :3

Jalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of light
 Jalynpink is offline Status: Offline
Post Let's Mix {a baking book by Jalyn} Get yummy, delicious, and easy recipes!

Click the image to open in full size.

Hey everyone. This is "Let's Mix" a short and small baking book by me, Jalyn. It includes yummy, delicious, and tasty treats to make. I also take requests. I hope you all enjoy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Cappuccino Fudge Cupcakes~
What you need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine(softened)
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons instant espresso/coffee granules
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoons salt
Mixing bowl
Whisk
Spoon
8 greased and floured custard cups
COFFEE CREAM
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso/coffee granules
FUDGE SAUCE
4 squares (1 oz each) semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-----------------------------------------------------
Instructions:
-Making the cake-
First, preheat the oven at 350°F.Then place the butter in a mixing bowl. Now mix until light and fluffy. Now add the eggs in the bowl(one at a time) and stir until creamy. Next, dissolve the instant espresso in the milk. Set aside.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Now start to mix, add a third of the flour alternately with the half of the milk mixture, mixing 15 seconds after each addition.

Next, spoon the batter into 8 greased and floured custard cups. Place the cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° F for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Remove from the cups and cool on a wire rack. Top it off with the ~Coffee Cream~ and ~Fudge Sauce.~
----------------------------------------------------
~ COFFEE CREAM~

Combine the cream, sugar, and espresso in a mixing bowl. Whip cream until stiff.
~FUDGE SAUCE~

Place the chocolate, cream, and cinnamon in a small sauce pan.Cook and stir over low heat until the chocolate is related and the mixture is combined.
Hope you enjoyed the first recipe. Share with your friends and family. Perfect for a nice treat after dinner, a special occasion, or just to have at home or anywhere.

Last edited by Jalynpink; 03-03-2013 at 12:53 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

Jalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of light
Default Recipe 2 : Brown Edge Wafers

~Brown Edge Wafers~
Click the image to open in full size.*
What you need:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter/margarine (softened)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 cup all-purpose flour
Melted Chocolate
Mixing bowl
Whisk
Spoon
---------------------------------------------------
Instructions:
First, preheat the oven at 375°F. Place butter and sugar into a mixing bowl. Beat for about 20 seconds or until fluffy.

Add egg, vanilla, and orange peel. Beat for about 30 seconds or until fluffy. Keep on mixing, and add flour.

Drop by teaspoons onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° F for 8-10 minutes. Next, cool on wire racks. After cool, drizzle on melted chocolate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope you liked this recipe. It is a great snack and treat. Enjoy it with everyone around you.

Last edited by Jalynpink; 02-18-2013 at 09:07 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

Default Recipe 3: Chocolate almond toffee

~Chocolate Almond Toffee~
Click the image to open in full size.*
What you need:
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Dash of salt
2 oz. Bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/2 cup chopped whole almonds, toasted
Instructions:
Combine sugar, water, and and butter in a small, heavy sauce- pan over medium high heat, stirring until combined; bring to boil. Cook,without stirring, until a candy thermometer registers 350°F or until syrup becomes caramelized.

Next, stir in vanilla and salt. Working carefully and quickly, pour sugar mixture onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper; spread to desire thickness. Let toffee stand for 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate in a thin, even layer over toffee.

Immediately sprinkle almonds over toffee. Let stand for 1 hour. Now break toffee into pieces.
-------------------------------------------------
This is one of my favorite and I hope it's the same with you. Bring the crunchy and buttery treat to the party.

Last edited by Jalynpink; 02-18-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

Default Recipe 4: Strawberry Buttermilk Sherbet

~Strawberry Buttermilk Sherbet~
What you need:
2 cups chopped strawberries
1/3 cup agave nectar
3 tablespoons raspberry syrup
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 cups whole buttermilk
Blender
Instructions:
Combine strawberries and nectar in a blender; process until smooth. Add buttermilk; process until well blended. Add syrup; pulse to mix. Now, add lemon juice.

Chill mixture for about an hour. Pour into a freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze until desired.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This simple, fresh, and light snack is sure to please people around the world. Yummy and fresh, perfect for a snack outside on a warm day.

Last edited by Jalynpink; 02-18-2013 at 09:10 PM..
Old 02-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

Thanks for reading! I hope you all enjoyed reading "Let's Mix". The next edition will come in 2 weeks. I also take requests. If you need to know how to make something just ask me.Thanks again, and have a wonderful time baking.

Last edited by Jalynpink; 02-18-2013 at 11:23 PM..
Old 02-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

Next edition will come next week.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 AM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

Hey Jayln! Do you know how to make carrot cake? I'd love to make it for my Mum on Mothers Day. (:
Old 03-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by NeonSmiley : )
Hey Jayln! Do you know how to make carrot cake? I'd love to make it for my Mum on Mothers Day. (:
Yes I do! My mom always make it when she has time. I'm really sorry I replies really late. I'll post it as soon as I can.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

Post Recipe 5: Carrot Cake

~Carrot Cake~
What you need:
Cake
1 1/2
cups granulated sugar
cup vegetable oil
eggs
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoons ground cinnamon
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon vanilla
1/2
teaspoon salt
cups shredded carrots (5 medium)
cup coarsely chopped walnuts

Cream Cheese Frosting:
package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4
cup butter or margarine, softened
to 3 teaspoons milk
teaspoon vanilla
cups powdered sugar
Instructions

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of one 13x9-inch pan or two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans with shortening; lightly flour. Mix granulated sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl until blended completely. Next, add cinnamon,baking soda, 1 teaspoon vanilla and the salt, and flour; Mix until smooth and blended. Stir in carrots and nuts. Pour into a pan.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, round pans 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool rectangle in pan on cooling rack. Cool rounds 10 minutes. Remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, for about an hour.

In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla, butter, and milk until smooth. Gradually mix in powdered sugar, one cup at a time, until smooth and spreadable. Now frost the cake. Store in refrigerator.
----------------------------------------------
Thanks for the request Neonsmiley! Enjoy this soft tasty moist cake with your family ans friends. Delicious and easy! What more can you ask for?

Last edited by Jalynpink; 03-02-2013 at 10:59 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 05:48 AM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

Thank you! Brownies, possibly?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
jalyn