BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Jalynpink
Banned
BABV Name: Jay :3

Jalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of light
 Jalynpink is offline Status: Offline
Default The Freerunner-- by Jalyn

The Freerunner
Written by Jalyn

'I need to leave, right now. But what will happen to me? Will I get caught? Will I succed? Will I run free?'

-Chapter one-

"No, no!" "Please, stop it!" "I said stop it!"
I awaken, scared to death. I gently wipe the cold, bitter tears off my face, letting a few cascade down. I had a terrible dream. A dream that repeats over and over again. I look around my 'room'. All there is is four beds and a window. Everything looks so grey and depressing. All the other children are either outside eating crumbs or crying in the corner.

I ask the world, "Why do I have to live like this?"
"Why am I stuck here in an orphanage?"
I shout, "Tell me now!"

I break down into tears. My brown, long hair covers my pale skin. I look so skinny. I am starving, and I'm cold. My white dress covers my little body. I have no childhood, happy dreams, enough food, love, or freedom. My whole life is a nightmare.

This all started when I was just four. My parents abandoned me. Well, my mother did. My father was now with the angels. I can't even remember the sound of their voices. For eight years, my parents are strangers to me. I wish I can find a family who loves me, but that will never happen.

"Anna!" "Come outside to eat!" Yelled Miss Donovan (our orphanage mom).
"Coming!" I yell as I run downstairs.
"Bam!" I fell down as I raced to the kitchen.
"Get up, if you are still on the ground when I count to three, you aren't having dinner today or tomorrow,"Snarled Miss Donovan.
"And don't you dare think about crying."
"One, two.." She counted.

I suddenly get up.

She yanks me to the kitchen and pushes me to my food. A loaf of bread with jam over it and water. Like that will full me up. I eat my food as quick as the sight of lightning. Miss Donovan looked at me with her evil grey eyes. She then turns around and adjusts her dress on her large body. She flips her blonde hair and leaves to her office.

"Anna, are you okay?" Asks a little girl named Lacy.
"I am fine, thank you," I reply smiling at her.
"Okay, well goodnight," She gives me a hug.

I leave the kitchen while the other children just stare at their crumbs. I go into by bedroom and look outside the window. The beautiful night sky filled with brilliant bright stars takes my breath away. I hear the city. The street lights, the cars' motors, and the noise of people socializing.
I sigh, "I can't keep on living like this."
Then, an idea that every orphan think about, but doesn't attempt it ran through my head.

Escaping.

Thank you for reading. I know it is not the best, but I hope you enjoyed it.

Last edited by Jalynpink; 06-10-2013 at 09:50 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 PM
BritneyBearHug791
Polar Bear
BABV Name: mochi

BritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to behold
 BritneyBearHug791 is offline Status: Offline

Omg this is great! Is there a chapter 2?
Old 05-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

Jalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of light

-Chapter two-

Yes, escaping. Should I? I have to? What if I get caught? No, I won't.
I go outside my bedroom. I see the three other girls come upstairs. There's Lacy Thompson, Caroline Marriott, and Jacqueline Drew.

"Where are you going Anna?" Asked Jacqueline.
"No where," I say
"You better not be doing what I think you're doing?"
"Of course not."
"Then where are you going?"
"None of your business, just because you're the oldest doesn't mean you can be so nosy about my life," I push her out of the way.

I grab my coat that's all worn out. I then run upstairs, not letting anything get in my way. I head for the window until Jacqueline stops me with her hands.

"Little girl, you're not going anywhere," Hissed Jacqueline.
"Sure, I'm not going anywhere, I'll just put away my coat and have a nice long bath before I go to sleep, I said sarcastically.
"Stop it with the attitude."
"I don't care what you have to say."
"I am fifteen and you are twelve, you listen to me."
"Fine!" I shout.

I run downstairs to hang my coat. I walk upstairs wiping my tears as fast as I can. When I arrive in the room, Lacy and Caroline is already fast asleep. And Jacqueline, is waiting for me. I don't even bother to look at her. She rolls her eyes at me and turns off the light. She walks to her bed and pulls the sheets over. Miss Donovan stomps up the stairs. "Asleep yet?" She asks in a rude tone. There was no sound following. Whenever Miss Donovan asks that, we never say anything. If she hears a peep, she locks us up in our room until noon. She observes our beds, then exits slamming the door.

After a few minutes, I hear Lacy say something, "I am scared, I want my real mommy."
Again, Jacqueline has to speak, "Go to sleep, your mommy is gone, and you will never ever, have another one."
Lacy starts to cry.
"You didn't have to be so mean, she's only five," Said Caroline, who is ten.
After, all was silent.

I just lied there, not making any noises. I hear the city. Oh, the beautiful city. Nope, that's it. I am going. I have to wait for a few hours to make sure everyone is asleep, and that's where I'll make my move. Oh wait, but what will happen after I escape? If, I escape. I don't have time to think about that.

Hours pass, I am exhausted. My eyes are fluttering over and over again. "It's time," I whisper. I quietly leave my bed and open the door. It opens with a soft creaking. I tip toe down the stairs. "Careful, don't let anyone here you." I tell myself. Once I am downstairs, everything is completely black. I walk around, looking like I'm sleep walking. "Aha, I found it." I whisper. I then run upstairs. "Oh no, will they hear me?" I ask.

I wait, nothing. I sigh in relief. I walk to my bedroom and open the creaky door. I reach for the window. I open the window with a faint thud. I sweep both my legs over and jump down to the fire escape stairs. I close the window, it bangs. Petrified, I run downstairs. After I get to the nearest alley, I stop.

I say with a faint cheer, "Finally, I'm free."

Thank you for reading. I know it wasn't all that, but I was really excited to post my second chapter. Thanks again and stay tuned for the next chapter!

Last edited by Jalynpink; 05-24-2013 at 05:13 PM..
Old 05-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Cutiegirl99
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Cutie, Natalie, Nat

Cutiegirl99 is a jewel in the roughCutiegirl99 is a jewel in the roughCutiegirl99 is a jewel in the roughCutiegirl99 is a jewel in the rough
 Cutiegirl99 is offline Status: Offline

Really great story, Jaylyn. I really enjoyed the perspective you gave.
I hope you continue to write more. (:
Old 05-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by Cutiegirl99
Really great story, Jaylyn. I really enjoyed the perspective you gave.
I hope you continue to write more. (:
Thank you very much.
I will post the next chapter next week.

View Post Originally Posted by BritneyBearHug791
Omg this is great! Is there a chapter 2?
Thanks!! And yes, in fact I posted it.

Last edited by Jalynpink; 05-17-2013 at 09:25 AM..
Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM
ChocoLuv
Polar Bear
BABV Name: choco ☆

ChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to beholdChocoLuv is a splendid one to behold
 ChocoLuv is offline Status: Offline

Ah, this is good, keep on writing! x
Old 05-16-2013, 12:56 AM
Jalynpink
Banned

View Post Originally Posted by ChocoLuv
Ah, this is good, keep on writing! x
Thank you.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

-Chapter three-

I did it. I escaped. The luscious, thrilling words feel amazing on my lips. Escape. I can't believe it, but what will happen now. I got the first part done, now what? I ponder and think, trying to find an answer.

After thinking for a while, I crouch down. It's cold. I wrap my coat around me, and I rubbed my hands together and blew on them. The sound of the city is my favorite. I absolutely adore the lights, cars, and community. I rub my sleepy eyes and start to walk towards the city. As I walk, my stomach rumbles. I place my bitter, cold hands on it. It feels as if, a creature is inside gnawing away. I am hungry. How am I suppose to find food? I grunt, "Ugh, I am back to this situation."

I look around, a clothing store "La bobine de fil", a bakery, "Doughboys", and many other shops and stores. No stores are open, well of course, it's 3 a.m. in the morning, and I am hungry, cold, and sleepy. I am lost. I thought it would be much more easier. I thought running free comes easy. I thought my life would be much easier and it would be like a fairytale. I sigh heavily, "Please, someone help me." I cry again.

I am lost orphan who is cold and starving. "Maybe I shouldn't have left?" I ask myself in disappointment. I walk along the streets, it's almost pitch black, but the city lights ignites it. Walking and walking, rumbling and rumbling, shivering and shivering. I find an alley that is very small, but will do. It seems pretty clean. Maybe I can find a comfy park bench ? I continue my journey for a place to sleep. Right now, I am feeling pretty doubtful. I search, i am once again lost. I try to trace my steps back, I end up with no luck.

"I am exhausted, I have to rest now," I close my eyes and slump down on a wall along the concrete. I then, fall asleep until the next morning.

"Where is Anna!" Shouts Miss Donovan.
"We don't know", replies Caroline.
"Yes you do."
"No we don't!"
"Are you shouting?"
"No ma'am."
"I will ask you one last time, where is Anna?"
Jacqeuline steps forward, "She left."
"Left!" Yells Miss Donovan shocked.
Jacqeuline nods her head with a grin.
"Oh, Anna will get it when I get my hands on her." Snarls Miss Donovan.

I awaken. People gather along me. I rub my eyes and I see six, seven people around me. A lady, maybe in her thirties, gave me a ten dollar bill and a bag of potato chips she had in her child's stroller. I thank her. She gives a kind, warm smile. All the other people leave after I recieve the items.

"Thank you again," I say with respect.
"No problem, my name is Kendra, Mrs. Wilson." She helps me up.
"My name is Anna, Anna Cadies."
"Nice to meet you, are you lost?"
"Yes, I am an orphan."
'Why aren't you in your orphanage?"
"I am never going back there."
"Well, I suppose you can stay with us for a while."
"Really, are you sure, but you just met me!"
"I am positive."

I thank her and cry, again. She holds out her hand. Mrs. Wilson is such a beautiful lady. With blue eyes, long brunette hair, a slim body, and a kind smile. Her child, named Carlos, was crying in his stroller. A few minutes later, his tears turned into drool.

When we arrive, the lovely fairytale ended quickly.

Hello, thanks again for reading the third chapter and I will try to post the next chapter soon. Oh, and any suggestions?

Last edited by Jalynpink; 05-24-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Old 05-24-2013, 05:07 PM
Jalynpink
Banned

-Chapter four-

I find myself living in a tragic nightmare once again. It was only just a dream. At least it was a happy dream. The most happiest fairytale I have ever dreamed of in ages! I rub my eyes, but the world is still quite blurry. I look around, thousand people walk quickly through the streets. They're going into tall, humongous skyscrapers, calling bright yellow taxies, and walking into stores. It seems that I don't even exist. The eyes of people don't even dare to take a glance at me.

I pull my hair back into a ponytail and drop my hair. I get up, and start to walk slowly and weakly. I pass the luxurious stores, the divine scent of food coming from bakeries and restaurants, and of course, the loud yet music to my ears, cars and street lights. I continue to walk, but then I hesitate t stop at a park bench, but I saw a small little building. It was made with some kind of fine stone. The was a wooden sign with the words "Mrs. Crookstone's Library" engraved on it. I walk closer to it and look inside the shiny, glass windows. With my eyes, I see hundreds, no thousands, no millions of books. Mahogany bookshelves, tables and computers, leather chairs and rocking ones, and a small counter with coffee and hot chocolate on it. A lady spots me and smiles. She waves at me and signals me to come in. I brush my hair behind my ear, and I open the door. The aroma of coffee and hot chocolate fill the room. The lady walks towards me, and says,

"Hello sweetie, is your mum or dad here?"
I shake my head, "No ma'am."
"Do you know where they are?"
"Certainly not with me."
"Well, are they at work?"
"Yes, I suppose so."
"Okay then child, are you here to read a book or what not?"
"I guess so."
"Alright, come along."

She guides me to the bookshelves. She walks to each aisle and comes back,

"What is your favorite genre?"
"Um, um, fantasy, fiction?"
"Alright, go to the third and fifth aisle, my dear."

I follow her orders and go to the third aisle. A few children are there. They are jumping up and trying to reach the book.
"Do you want that book?' The little child nods, and I grab the book for her. She smiles and walks quickly to her mother. I look around. There are too many nooks. I sigh, and I begin my journey. I go to the first shelf, and I grab several books. There's a gigantic one, a small picture one, a vintage book, and much more. I examine them. I shake my head, and i put them back. I take a step back to get a better view. I look scrunching my eyes. I then spot one book that stands out. I look around and find a stool on the other side of the room. I walk quickly to grab it. I bring it back to the aisle and place it in the direction of that 'special' book. I reach for it a grasp it spine. I look at it. The cover was dark red and had golden designs on the corners of the book. And the words written in black,"The Breeze That Changed the Woods".

I opened it. I can smell the powdery pages and feel that breeze. I read the first page,
"Long ago, there was the Graveling Woods."
My eyes could not stop. It seemed that I was in a trance, a good trance. The words stood of the pages, the characters came to life, and the story was dragging me in. Then I finished the first chapter. I snapped back into reality and walked to the lady, who obviously was the librarian. She gives me another smile,

"Did you find a book?"
I grin, "You bet I did."
"Alright, let me take a look at it."

I give her the book and looks at me. She nods her head,
"This is a lovely book."
"Just reading the first chapter, I know it is a lovely book." I nod my head
"Do you already have an account with us."
"Uh, no. No I do not."
"Alrighty, name please Anna."
"Well, we can give you a child account. We only need your name and we give you an ID number and a library card."
"Okay, thanks."
"Oh by the way, my name is Mrs. Crookstone."

I shake my hand. Thank goodness for the 'child account'. She hands me a card and gives me my book, "Bring this book back to renew it or turn it in to get a new book." I nod my head and exit. I think I just found my new love. Reading.

Thank you very much for reading the fourth chapter, and keep in touch to read the next chapter coming quite soon. c:

Last edited by Jalynpink; 05-24-2013 at 05:15 PM..
Old 05-24-2013, 05:29 PM
BritneyBearHug791
Polar Bear
BABV Name: mochi

BritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to behold
 BritneyBearHug791 is offline Status: Offline

Fantastic!
Please keep writing.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
chocoluv was here :3, gluck x, jalyn, woah_it's_jay