BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2013, 04:30 PM
tweety

tweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond reputetweety has a reputation beyond repute
 tweety is offline Status: Offline
Cool Spring Contest!

April Showers Bring May Flowers

For this contest post a picture of your garden and tell me what your favorite flower or plant is and why. Please provide an image of your favorite flower, you can post one you find online.

Rules:
Use photbucket, imgur, tinypic or another photo sharing site no hotlinks or watermarks on images please.

Contest Closes May 10th

Grand Prize will win a smalffry
2nd place will receive a complete set of cloud furniture (bath tub not included) and a pair of butterfly glasses
3rd place will win the complete cloud furniture set (bath tub not included)

Everyone that participates will receive a fairy lantern.

FAQs

You may post a picture of your bv and real life garden. Please make sure you have your parent/guardian permission if posting pics of your real garden, and that they don't contain people or personal information please.

One picture of your BV garden only(can be your city garden, backyard, patio, rooftop, sunroom, pond, or your condo outside), and up to 3 of your real life garden.

Don't reserve entries, just post when you have your entry complete.

Last edited by tweety; 05-04-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Old 04-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Cutiegirl99
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Cutie, Natalie, Nat

Cutiegirl99 is a jewel in the roughCutiegirl99 is a jewel in the roughCutiegirl99 is a jewel in the roughCutiegirl99 is a jewel in the rough
 Cutiegirl99 is offline Status: Offline

Wow, great contest!

My garden at daytime:
Click the image to open in full size.
My garden at nighttime:

Favorite flower: My favorite flower would have to be the dandelion. Most people classify the dandelion as a weed, but I think it is more than that. It not only is beautiful with its bright yellow petals, it also grows on it's own without any needed tending. People who don't garden or don't have a space to garden in can enjoy this flower wherever they are. I especially love how these flowers grow all over the yard, so everywhere you look, it's like a bright pop of color.
That's why my favorite flower is the dandelion. (:

Last edited by Cutiegirl99; 05-03-2013 at 01:15 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Zoeadventurebear1052
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: I'm officially Mr. Balloon. xD

Zoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud ofZoeadventurebear1052 has much to be proud of
 Zoeadventurebear1052 is offline Status: Offline

This is my BV garden. Despite the fact that it is very colourful and bright, just like spring, it is also environmentally friendly and helps you remember all the good times you had in BABV, as well as having lots if things in it that are bright, and make you feel in a good mood. Some people may think this garden is a bit over the top, but really it is just a happy cheerful garden which has same impacts on you as spring does. Click the image to open in full size.

My favourite flower:
My favourite flower is the snowdrops because at the start of every new year, they grow in my garden and makes it seem like droplets of snow fell overnight. They are beautiful flowers which make your garden seem like an enchanted world of mystery, like the butterfly fairy helpers have put a spell on your garden. They are like white pearls, white daffodils and are just amazing. They are the best flower ever and lots of people like to pick them as they make great decoration for your house, you can use them for your hair by braiding them in. They are a special flower because they grow at the beginning of the year and don't come back till the next year, like snow, snow is there at a certain time of year, just like the snowdrops. They both match, that's why the flower is called "Snowdrop!"
They are incredible flowers which help you think of the past.

Thanks Tweety for this great competition and good luck everyone!

Last edited by Zoeadventurebear1052; 05-03-2013 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: Added a picture in and some text at the top about my BV garden
Old 05-01-2013, 09:36 AM
LizzieAsparagus
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LisaAdventure414

LizzieAsparagus has much to be proud ofLizzieAsparagus has much to be proud ofLizzieAsparagus has much to be proud ofLizzieAsparagus has much to be proud ofLizzieAsparagus has much to be proud ofLizzieAsparagus has much to be proud ofLizzieAsparagus has much to be proud ofLizzieAsparagus has much to be proud ofLizzieAsparagus has much to be proud of
 LizzieAsparagus is offline Status: Offline

Nice contest!

Favorite Plant: My favourite plant in all would be roses. Part of the reason I love them is because my grandma does, she has roses of different kinds at her dacha and all of them are so beautiful! It's like a magic wonderland when you enter the garden. Another reason why I love roses is because they've got that layer of leaves and such pretty pastel colours, not always though sometimes there are colours like darkish bright red but they are still pretty. (all my pictures btw)

FYI! Dacha- A country house or cottage in Russia, typically used as a second or vacation home.

Last edited by LizzieAsparagus; 05-13-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 12:26 PM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the new contest! (:

I don't have a garden as my mum and I live in a flat.
Because of this, I decided I'd visit the flat gardens.

~~~

Yes, I did take this pic (:

I've loved daisies since I was little and they are one of my favourite plants.
On a reasonably warm day, I'd run outside and start playing with them.
I represent daisies as the beginning of spring - when they come out.
Bunnies, chicks, sun & daisies. That sums up spring for me.
Daisies are dainty little plants which often get stood on and ignored but also have many things that you can do with them. To this day, I still love them and always put them in my hair. I make gigantic daisy chains with friends and make 'daisy caterpillars'.

To sum up, these sweet dainty plants are lovely but simple. In fact, everything is good about them. Except their taste...

~~~

My BABV garden

Click the image to open in full size. (:

~~~

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 05-01-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 PM
babvgirl
Polar Bear
BABV Name: VictoriaAdventureBear2361

babvgirl will become famous soon enoughbabvgirl will become famous soon enough
 babvgirl is offline Status: Offline

Here is a collage of my Bearville garden and flowers from my own garden in real life. Basically the images of flowers around my city garden are pictures from my real life garden. My grandmother works hard on perfecting the garden. Almost every day in the summer she works hard all day gardening. When I am not busy I love to go and help her.

http://i78.servimg.com/u/f78/18/01/51/68/garden10.jpg
^Larger Image (Please click link)

My absolute favourite flower:
I really love all flowers, but if I could only pick one it would be a white rose. White roses are a symbol of purity and innocence. They have always looked beautiful and enchanting. White roses also have sentimental significance to me of family and love. My grandfather and I have fond memories of going out into our garden in the summer and picking flowers. We would always bring back many white roses for my grandmother and mother. Whenever I see white roses I smile and think of good times.

Thank you Tweety for this fabulous contest!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Renearockstar10

3049356 is on a distinguished road
 3049356 is offline Status: Offline

In the attachments, there is a pic with my garden and sun room, and then the next pic has a few calla lilies in it.

I love many flowers, but I like calla lilies the most because they are so unique and beautiful. I love the white ones and the dark purple ones the best. Calla lilies are said to mean purity and beauty, and I think that makes the lily even more attractive. Another reason I love them is because my mother loved them too, and she would always have a vase full of calla lilies around the house when I was little. I also like calla lilies because they don't smell very much, like some flowers. And so, I love calla lilies - there's not really any other flower quite like them, and I think they are so pretty!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0000000.jpg (38.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 00000000000000.jpg (15.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by 3049356; 05-05-2013 at 10:33 AM..
Old 05-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear
BABV Name: aliceluv46, caylinsprinkles

Paddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to behold
 Paddingtona is offline Status: Offline

Tweety, is there a certain time that it closes?

View Post Originally Posted by LizzieAsparagus
Nice contest!

Favorite Plant: My favourite plant in all would be roses. Part of the reason I love them is because my grandma does, she has roses of different kinds at her dacha and all of them are so beautiful! It's like a magic wonderland when you enter the garden. Another reason why I love roses is because they've got that layer of leaves and such pretty colours that aren't just plain blue or plain yellow its got those vibrant colours xD.

FYI! Dacha- A country house or cottage in Russia, typically used as a second or vacation home.
I know what that is ^^ (wink)
Old 05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: haili x

Hailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond repute
 Hailisnowflake4 is offline Status: Offline

I will add more to this post later xD
Old 05-08-2013, 10:14 PM
RainbowDash_
Polar Bear
BABV Name: O(≧∇≦)O

RainbowDash_ has a spectacular aura aboutRainbowDash_ has a spectacular aura about
 RainbowDash_ is offline Status: Offline

How do you post a picture?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT