BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Cub Condos > Decorating Tips & Ideas

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear
BABV Name: aliceluv46, caylinsprinkles

Paddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to behold
 Paddingtona is offline Status: Offline

Aw I'm too late xD
Old 06-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Jalynpink
Banned
BABV Name: Jay :3

Jalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of light
 Jalynpink is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MollyFlyer
Can I both volunteer and ask for help? I've been doing well with most of my condo, but it feels like my panda's room is a little sparse. I've got some bamboo furniture in there, to make things feel homey, but about half the room is still bare. My budget is . . . pretty much anything. As long as you're not advising the absolutely rarest items in Bearville, I'm fine with it. My theme is . . . well, a bedroom for a panda. Bamboo, Asian imagery, that sort of thing. Oh, and she's a bit of an explorer/adventurer, if that helps.
You are very welcome to be a part of the team.

If you don't mind... can I see a pic of the room Please?

View Post Originally Posted by Paddingtona
Aw I'm too late xD
I am really sorry Paddi. ):

Last edited by Jalynpink; 06-06-2013 at 09:59 PM..
Old 06-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: haili x

Hailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond repute
 Hailisnowflake4 is offline Status: Offline

Can I both volunteer and ask for help? I've been doing well with most of my condo, but it feels like my panda's room is a little sparse. I've got some bamboo furniture in there, to make things feel homey, but about half the room is still bare. My budget is . . . pretty much anything. As long as you're not advising the absolutely rarest items in Bearville, I'm fine with it. My theme is . . . well, a bedroom for a panda. Bamboo, Asian imagery, that sort of thing. Oh, and she's a bit of an explorer/adventurer, if that helps.
I looked at the room in your condo and I really like the panda's room.

As for some suggestions- maybe instead of having a light wall and black floor, make the floors a softer color. I find that wood flooring really looks good in bedrooms.
As for the St. Patricks table, I find it is kind of randomly placed and out of theme of the room. If you wanna keep it, maybe put chairs? or something on the table so it has a purpose?
Also, the images on the wall seem really low on the wall. If you place them a little higher, the room will look taller and bigger.
I think the room would also look really nice with some plants. If you can get your hands on a bamboo plant, that would fit very nicely with the furniture (:
Another suggestion: the chair next to the map on the wall should be positioned in front of the other chair, along with the table. Try centering the table with the chair.

just a few suggestions. Hope it helped! (:
Old 06-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Jalynpink
Banned
BABV Name: Jay :3

Jalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of lightJalynpink is a glorious beacon of light
 Jalynpink is offline Status: Offline

Plants are the way to go. Try to find green ones that are in different ranges. As Haili said, try to see if you can find a bamboo one.
Maybe finding a color would help. Like maybe green. You could make it look like a bamboo forest.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:26 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

Okay, that was odd -- I don't know why the floor was black, I'd had it green like the forest floor before.

A few points to clarify:
* I'd been decorating with my characters in mind -- put pictures at the height they'd be looking at, say -- which is why my posters tend to be a bit low.
* There is no such thing as a bamboo plant in Bearville. There's already a bonsai, and I can add ferns or something.
* If I move the coffee table over, it feels like everything's just crammed into one corner, which just makes the problem worse -- I came here for advice because it feels like half the room is empty. If I move the couch over, I have to get rid of the fireplace, which I'd rather not do because it gives the room a cozy feel.

Uploading a pic in a minute.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy

Hailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond reputeHailisnowflake4 has a reputation beyond repute

The plant is called Eucalyptus Potted Plant and looks similar to bamboo
Old 06-06-2013, 10:43 PM
MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future

Click the image to open in full size.

I do have the eucalyptus, but don't think it looks like bamboo. They're distinctly different plants.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy

I was also saying= move the table to the left instead of moving the chairs and getting rid of the fireplace xD
Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 PM
MollyFlyer

And I said moving the table to the left crams everything into one corner, making the rest of the room feel more empty.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Hailisnowflake4
Trading Teddy

oh ok..
sorry D:

hopefully someone else can give better ideas.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT