BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2013, 12:02 PM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline
Default My history project :3

For my history project, about WW2, I've written a story about the life of a carrier pigeon.
I made the booklet it's going to be in in the shape of a pigeon.
Please tell me what you think. (:

~~~

Hello, my name is Percy and I'm a carrier pigeon used in World War Two. This is my story.
I was hatched in 1937 – about 2 years before the terrible war started. My parents were racing pigeons and were well known for their success from racing home from foreign countries.

One day, a man visited my coop. I had just turned 2 years old. He looked at we with great interest. He said that he was looking for very special pigeons to deliever secret messages from France and sometimes even Germany. I had already completed a race from France and won. He said to me that I was a very fine pigeon and just what he was looking for. He explained to me that very fast pigeons were required to bring back secret messages. This would be my job, apparently.

After a couple of weeks, I was taken to a RAF station, not far away from my home. There, I met the young pilot who was going to take me on my first mission in France.

The day had finally come, the day of my first mission. By now, I knew the pilot - his name was Flight Lieutenant Bill Brown. Together, we set off on his Hurricane to go to France.

I was kept in a small box and the idea was that when I reached the secret destination, I would be dropped in my box attached to a parachute where the resistance fighters would be waiting to collect me.

Just as we passed over the French coast, we were met with a haul of anti-aircraft fire from the German force. Luckily, Bill was very skillful and dodged and dived. It wasn't over though, an enemy aircraft came up behind us and we were hit. Bill saw some thick cloud and headed towards it. Once there, we were safe from the enemy fire but we aircraft was severely damaged.

We limped on to our destination with smoke and flames pouring out the engine. "Quick," said Bill. "we have no time." After attaching a message to my right leg, he chucked me out of the aircraft with a parachute attached to me. As I descended, I saw Bill with his parachute. The aircraft crashed into a wood and burned. We were very lucky.

When I saw the resistance fighters, I was relieved. They were waiting for me on the ground. They ran across to me and took me out of my box. They then attached another message to my other leg and shouted "Good luck!" I was thrown into the air to return home.

I flew as fast as I could, back the way I came. As I headed to the coast, the enemy were waiting for me. Marksman were there. Their instructions were to kill any pigeons that might be heading across the channel heading for England.
I heard their bullets whizzing past me. I thought that I would never make it. Just as I was getting out of range, they released hunting hawks which would try and catch me. They were very fast flyers and caught me up. I was better at dodging than they were though and they couldn't catch me. At last, they gave up when I was reaching the English coast. I flew home, exhausted.

At the RAF base, I was greeted with a great cheer. They said to me that it was the message they had been waiting for. They could now help all the people fighting in the resistance. Best of all, though, Bill had put on his coordinates of where he crashed and they were able to arrange for him to be rescued.

A few weeks later, I was awarded a medal for my outstanding bravery. I was very proud of myself.

I also delivered other messages during the war but none were as dangerous as my first mission. Now I'm an old pigeon who has grandchildren who are racing pigeons like my parents were.

~~~

Now, I just have to hand-write all of this...

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 06-10-2013 at 12:34 PM..
Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 PM
mayaluckybear19
Trading Teddy

mayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to beholdmayaluckybear19 is a splendid one to behold
 mayaluckybear19 is offline Status: Offline

That's a really cool idea! It's really interesting and informative, well done, I'm sure you'll do great. (:
Old 06-10-2013, 12:20 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

It's good, but don't use: done, use - I competed.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:35 PM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by NeonSmiley : )
It's good, but don't use: done, use - I competed.
Sorry, I was rushing it last night and didn't get to check it. :P

I know I should probably stick to drawing - I'm really bad at English. ):
Old 06-10-2013, 12:35 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by HoneyBanana30
Sorry, I was rushing it last night and didn't get to check it. :P

I know I should probably stick to drawing - I'm really bad at English. ):
No, you're good!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT