BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear
BABV Name: aliceluv46, caylinsprinkles

Paddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to behold
 Paddingtona is offline Status: Offline
Default Unanswered: Bearville Won't Work. .

Whenever I try to load Bearville, it says 'Unable to establish a connection with any server. Please try later' This has basically been happening for months, I've tried switching browsers but there is no change. Help please?
Old 03-29-2014, 07:07 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by Paddingtona
Whenever I try to load Bearville, it says 'Unable to establish a connection with any server. Please try later' This has basically been happening for months, I've tried switching browsers but there is no change. Help please?
I get that error sometimes if I click to another tab or do something else whilst the game is loading. If you don't keep your mouse on the game when it loads it won't connect (that's what I do to prevent that error).

In my case, it's basically checking to see that the game has focus before connecting.

Are you surfing other websites or doing something other than keeping your browser and the game in focus?
Old 03-29-2014, 12:18 PM
BethAnBearHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BethAnBearHug

BethAnBearHug is on a distinguished road
 BethAnBearHug is offline Status: Offline

Paddingtona,

It does not matter if you have other tabs/windows open.

Here is some real advice from a computer professional (My Husband):
Check your browser settings to make sure you allow cookies and be sure that Bearville is not blocked.

Make sure your Flash Player is up to date.

Then I know you said you have tried other browsers, but have you tried Google Chrome? It has flash built in.

Also, check that your anti-virus program or firewall is not blocking Bearville.

Hope this helps,
Beth
Old 03-31-2014, 07:47 PM
NoahBearHug19
Polar Bear
BABV Name: NoahBearHug19

NoahBearHug19 is on a distinguished road
 NoahBearHug19 is offline Status: Offline

It runs slow for me too, it runs slow on other browsers, it runs slow on full internet connection, just always runs slow for me. It's just the game.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:25 AM
kassiered
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kassieorange

kassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond reputekassiered has a reputation beyond repute
 kassiered is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by BethAnBearHug
Paddingtona,

Check your browser settings to make sure you allow cookies and be sure that Bearville is not blocked.

Then I know you said you have tried other browsers, but have you tried Google Chrome? It has flash built in.

Hope this helps,
Beth

Well, I don't have any cookies being blocked because I specifically white-listed all of the bearville cookie requests in every one of the browsers that I use (as they all have their own cookie preference settings), and I have the latest flash, and I also have had this issue.

Based upon the fact that Paddingtona had said that multiple browsers had been tried, I shared my experience with making the game run after receiving that error.

As I have experience coding in flash, here is the code that I have used before when I've wanted to stop a flash application from running if the window/tab has lost focus:
flash.events.Event.DEACTIVATE
And here is the command to reactivate the network connections and functionality of the flash application once the window/tab has focus:
flash.events.Event.ACTIVATE

This doesn't mean, of course, that it is what they are using, but it is available to the programmers to either kick people that have been idle/window lost focus too long or to prevent bots and such from auto logging in. It's a very useful tool, and in my experience the game hasn't loaded for me when the window/tab doesn't have focus, and instead presents me with the same error as reported.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:10 AM
BethAnBearHug
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by kassiered
Well, I don't have any cookies being blocked because I specifically white-listed all of the bearville cookie requests in every one of the browsers that I use (as they all have their own cookie preference settings), and I have the latest flash, and I also have had this issue.

Based upon the fact that Paddingtona had said that multiple browsers had been tried, I shared my experience with making the game run after receiving that error.

As I have experience coding in flash, here is the code that I have used before when I've wanted to stop a flash application from running if the window/tab has lost focus:
flash.events.Event.DEACTIVATE
And here is the command to reactivate the network connections and functionality of the flash application once the window/tab has focus:
flash.events.Event.ACTIVATE

This doesn't mean, of course, that it is what they are using, but it is available to the programmers to either kick people that have been idle/window lost focus too long or to prevent bots and such from auto logging in. It's a very useful tool, and in my experience the game hasn't loaded for me when the window/tab doesn't have focus, and instead presents me with the same error as reported.
My post was to Paddingtona, not to you. When she said she had tried multiple browsers, I believe she meant she had tried Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:43 PM
Kay
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KayCub50

Kay is on a distinguished road
 Kay is offline Status: Offline

chrome is fastest for me
Old 04-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear

Paddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to beholdPaddingtona is a splendid one to behold

View Post Originally Posted by BethAnBearHug
Paddingtona,

Hope this helps,
Beth
I have Chrome, so the flash automatically installs. Cookies are allowed, I'm guessing it leaves the firewall?
Old 04-02-2014, 02:20 PM
BethAnBearHug
Polar Bear

Paddingtona,

Try these things (I went and checked my Google Chrome settings):

Go to the Bearville Log In page in Google Chrome, right click on picture below it, open website privacy settings panel,(screen with the eyeball),
click delete all sites. Close out Google Chrome.

Reopen Google Chrome, go to the Bearville Log In page in Google Chrome, right click on picture below it again, open global settings, open global security settings panel, (planet and padlock), click on edit locations drop down menu, click add location, type in
www.bearville.com, click confirm, close out.

Open Google Chrome, click on the little square with the 3 lines
in the top right hand corner of screen, choose about Google Chrome,
Make sure it says it is up to date. (If not, update it)

I will ask my husband after he gets home from work if he has any more suggestions.

Beth
Old 04-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Paddingtona
Polar Bear

I use Linux will that be a problem..?
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT