BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2014, 09:03 AM
MacaylaAdventure37
Polar Bear
BABV Name: MacaylaAdventure37

MacaylaAdventure37 is on a distinguished road
 MacaylaAdventure37 is offline Status: Offline
Unhappy I miss it :(

Hi! I don't think any of you remember me, because I usually kept very quiet when it came to posting and replies but I just felt like I needed to talk about something without getting judged- and I felt like BI was the perfect place to do it.

The last time I logged onto BI was a year and a half ago. And it's really sad to see, compared to how active it was before, how deserted the forums are
I know there are a lot of posts like this, and I'm sorry if anyone's getting bothered by the amount of people pointing out how much Bearville has... changed. But I can't seem to let the fact that so many of us have outgrown Bearville, even though we all saw it coming at one point.

I miss it. I miss logging on every single day, even when my computer was the slowest thing going. I miss trading with new and different people, users who came on as frequently as I did. I miss getting excited for Christmas on Bearville, for the new clothes and rides and quests I'd get given and new trades I'd receive.

I miss when "Bearville" was Build-A-Bearville, before it started changing. Before people outgrew it, even when it wasn't their fault. Before BABW stopped caring about us.

Nowadays I log on and get an empty feeling. The servers are never full and it's rare for me to see Bear Boulevard, which always had 5 yellow bear heads and often a sign that said "FULL" over it, have next to no people.

I do understand that we all have to grow up. We find new hobbies, newer, more exciting things that we enjoy- things that are much better than an online game. I understand that Bearville may phase out, but it's hard to let something you used to love just... go.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:11 AM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

I totally agree. I still log on but like you said, it's never as busy as it once was. And I think it never will be.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:19 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I also still log on and I still like it, but of course there is hardly anything new, so it is not the same as before, and I can understand when people get bored, they want new quests and new items they can buy and everything. I really don't know why they let it just "slip away" like that. In my case, I feel I have not outgrown bearville, but bearville has outgrown ME - if you know what I mean.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:49 PM
BritneyBearHug791
Polar Bear
BABV Name: mochi

BritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to behold
 BritneyBearHug791 is offline Status: Offline

I agree. I don't go as much anymore, since I don't have a computer and I kind of outgrown it.
I liked the "Build-A-Bearville" name more than just "Bearville" itself.
I also remember when when Bear Boulevard was always the "Full" server, the Chloe Shows, and when they updated it more.
But today, here it is, with repeated fountain items, and the ever so popular EFT back in the BVO.

Last edited by BritneyBearHug791; 08-18-2014 at 07:50 PM..
Old 08-19-2014, 08:15 AM
CaitlinFriendsRock1
Polar Bear
BABV Name: RIP CaitlinFriendsRock1.

CaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of lightCaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of lightCaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of lightCaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of lightCaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of lightCaitlinFriendsRock1 is a glorious beacon of light
 CaitlinFriendsRock1 is offline Status: Offline

I couldn't agree more..
I miss logging in everyday, and even /going/ to BABW..
They've gotten so expensive, and how they let BABV (I still call it that, refuse to otherwise) slip like nothin', it's crazy.
They made a fortune on it, so, I dunno' why they didn't just spice it up a bit, y'know?
I think I haven't outgrown it, but, like was said;
View Post Originally Posted by RachelGirl192
I also still log on and I still like it, but of course there is hardly anything new, so it is not the same as before, and I can understand when people get bored, they want new quests and new items they can buy and everything. I really don't know why they let it just "slip away" like that. In my case, I feel I have not outgrown bearville, but bearville has outgrown ME - if you know what I mean.
That's how I feel. If they would've updated, and all that jazz, things would be different for them.
To be honest? I'm surprised it didn't shut down, because how much it died..
I'm glad it's still available.. I just miss what it use to be.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
bearville, sad