BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > CyBearGuides

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2014, 09:11 PM
tashax3
Knut
BABV Name: 0217950003960

tashax3 is on a distinguished road
 tashax3 is offline Status: Offline
Thumbs down ID number and Keycode Issues

Hi!

I bought my first Build a Bear friend about a week ago when I was out of town. Tonight, I tried registering my furry friend online, and unfortunately I am not having the best of luck. I made an account no problem, then I got to the point of entering ID number and keycode, pressed enter then it asks me to choose my friend and write the name. Well my bear wont show up in this "list"... And I cant go on until Ive done this. How can I Fix this?
Old 08-03-2014, 03:57 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

I actually love when this happens...

What type of bear is it?
If it's new, that could be the problem.
Email BABV and see what they say. :3
I wish you the best of luck! ^^
Old 08-03-2014, 07:12 AM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

Hi there!

First of all, congratulations! It is very rare to have an open certificate. An open certificate is a glitch in the system.

When Bearville releases a new bear, it takes them a while to get the bear onto the system. If you bought a new bear and register it, you normally get the bear and the prize. When an open certificate occurs, you get to pick any bear in the system and get its virtual prize. That is why your bear is not showing up when you get to pick your bear on the open certificate, because it is not in the Bearville system.

But I can understand your frustration. I would contact Bearville and ask them about it. On your email include your Bearville username, your animal ID number and key code, what bear you purchased at the store, and maybe your receipt code (this all speeds up the process of Bearville asking you for details). In the meantime you could either exit the open certificate screen (and risk not being able to enter your code again) or pick a bear and then Bearville might be able to change it if you contact them.

Last edited by NeonSmiley : ); 08-03-2014 at 07:15 AM..
Old 08-03-2014, 09:26 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by NeonSmiley : )
Hi there!

First of all, congratulations! It is very rare to have an open certificate. An open certificate is a glitch in the system.

When Bearville releases a new bear, it takes them a while to get the bear onto the system. If you bought a new bear and register it, you normally get the bear and the prize. When an open certificate occurs, you get to pick any bear in the system and get its virtual prize. That is why your bear is not showing up when you get to pick your bear on the open certificate, because it is not in the Bearville system.

But I can understand your frustration. I would contact Bearville and ask them about it. On your email include your Bearville username, your animal ID number and key code, what bear you purchased at the store, and maybe your receipt code (this all speeds up the process of Bearville asking you for details). In the meantime you could either exit the open certificate screen (and risk not being able to enter your code again) or pick a bear and then Bearville might be able to change it if you contact them.
^ This. ^
Old 08-06-2014, 03:05 AM
XxFairyWingsXBizarre88xX
Polar Bear
BABV Name: VivienneWinter2

XxFairyWingsXBizarre88xX will become famous soon enough
 XxFairyWingsXBizarre88xX is offline Status: Offline

oh dear lord, I had the same EXACT issue with my Happy Husky and I had to do the email process to have it fixed and have the proper codes so I could register him. so yeah, I would do email and have them straighten the problem out for you.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:15 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

... but be prepared to be asked a LOT of questions (and often the same ones) by the bearville help team before they fix it!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:02 PM
ericlibra
Knut

ericlibra is on a distinguished road
 ericlibra is offline Status: Offline

just email the bearville team to have it fix. here's the email add in case you don't know
vwhelp@buildabear.com
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
idnumber, keycode