BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 11:10 PM
labbailey
Polar Bear
BABV Name: my side account kristinazoom83

labbailey is on a distinguished road
 labbailey is offline Status: Offline
Default Unanswered: babv closing ?

Why is babv closing i know they its because teens and kids say they like more game or app based stuff but we didn't even want that.

also we will loose everything we have right ?

and is the babv/play website the one that they have up now

is there a chance they wont close it ?

this is sad i have used thr site since 09 i used to be on here none stop

Last edited by labbailey; 01-24-2015 at 11:13 PM..
Old 01-25-2015, 03:17 AM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

It's mostly because they'd rather focus on making new apps, I guess.

Yes, we'll be losing everything as far as we know. I recommend taking screenshots of your items if you want to remember how everything looked and what you had.

I think the Play section they have now is what's going to be there after BV closes (minus BV of course).

I don't think there's really a lot that we can do to save it now. They seem to have made up their minds. :\
Old 01-25-2015, 01:22 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

Bearville is up until the end of March.
I think there is no chance they won't close it. I wrote to them already, and others did, too.
You can write to them, and tell them you are sad, so tehy know it was not a good decision, but I guess the decision is made.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:06 PM
NeonSmiley : )
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Used to be ValarieAdventure37

NeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond reputeNeonSmiley : ) has a reputation beyond repute
 NeonSmiley : ) is offline Status: Offline

To add insult to injury, you don't get your items transferred! My parents spent thousands of pounds when I was younger on build-a-bear, including an amazing party I had. For all of this to be gone, I'm ashamed of Build-A-Bearville for doing this. My cub condo, my collections, my credits that I have been saving up! All to go to waste...

On the night before it closes, I'm going to log on and stay logged on to see what happens. Will there be some sort of 'if you log in before the night it closes you can stay logged on?' Idk..

Last edited by NeonSmiley : ); 01-25-2015 at 02:07 PM..
Old 01-25-2015, 04:37 PM
labbailey
Polar Bear
BABV Name: my side account kristinazoom83

labbailey is on a distinguished road
 labbailey is offline Status: Offline

I am also planning on doing the same stay logged on my parents also bought me a few bears and clothes

also there store will loose business
Old 01-25-2015, 05:36 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

Staying logged on is a good idea...although you will have to move around every ten minutes or else you will get logged off.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:57 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold

This is right, Vanessa, good point!. Also I think the website will go offline because they will have cancelled it and therefore, it will just be gone, I guess. But we can still try.

My cub condo, my collections, my credits that I have been saving up! All to go to waste...

NeonSmiley, these are exactly my thoughts...
Old 01-31-2015, 08:54 PM
abbeybearpaw11
Knut

abbeybearpaw11 is on a distinguished road
 abbeybearpaw11 is offline Status: Offline

They aren't officially closing BABV, just making a new place! Too bad I'll loose all my items though Oh well, new adventure!? Can't wait to see what it is going to be like...
Old 02-01-2015, 07:45 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear

Well, don't put your hopes up too high, it won't be anything like bearville. No virtual world.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:10 PM
abbeybearpaw11
Knut

abbeybearpaw11 is on a distinguished road
 abbeybearpaw11 is offline Status: Offline

I'm pretty sure the front page of BABV tells you that they are remaking BABV...? The "orignal" BABV hasn't been updated since 2013 (or 2012?), and barley and. We're lucky they aren't "deleting" all of BABV. We also don't know how the new BABV is going to look like, so it's an adventure, technically!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, carefultheoatmealmaybehot, i twas here