BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2015, 04:33 PM
The_Offical_Anonymous
Knut
BABV Name: michellepink102

The_Offical_Anonymous is on a distinguished road
 The_Offical_Anonymous is offline Status: Offline
Unhappy How I feel about BearVille

Hello i'm writing this to inform you how I felt about bearville closing down, this may have been a while ago but I couldn't bring myself upon on writing this. For he most part I felt sadend by this, bearville was around for a long time. I assume they closed it down because not many people were on and joining or to focus on other things. If anyone does remember Millsberry it feels like when Millsberry went down, who knew Bearville would be next? Anyhow even if so it closed down many children begged their parents to buy them bears just for the website. They wanted to see their bear come to life!

It seems that everyone was shocked to see that message that Bearville was closing, we will all miss our homes, avatars, bears, and waiting to watch the Chloe Rocks show. I actually hope the creators will re-think this choice they have made, but also i've noticed when Bearville was up the creators also seemed to be inactive. Nothing new would ever show up the catalog of clothing remained the same which caused kids to grow uninterested, I always hoped they would have something new. The only time I remember they would create something new was when they chose to close it down. Bearville shutting down became big on YouTube, as everyone was trying to cope with the new news of it shutting down, or they are trying to say goodbye to Bearville.

So if any creators come across this please re-think your choice on choosing this because Bearville was an amazing website, no other website nowadays can size up to it. If you chose to read this tell me what you think, and thanks for reading, also let me know if you also agree on this. Lots of love.

~The_Offical_Anonymous
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bearville.jpg (94.5 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by The_Offical_Anonymous; 07-26-2015 at 04:35 PM..
Old 07-26-2015, 07:20 PM
AbbygailBearDiva59
Trading Teddy

AbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond reputeAbbygailBearDiva59 has a reputation beyond repute
 AbbygailBearDiva59 is offline Status: Offline

yeah, a lot of us think it was really was lame of sharon them to close bearville... even though i don't play virtual worlds anymore i agree with your statement that no other current websites can stack up. bearville was so nicely designed & all of the other websites (especially ourworld and *cringe* secretbuilders) look so tacky and awful in comparison.

btw it's great to see new people here; welcome to the forum!

also i love the pic of chloerocks below. that was my desktop wallpaper all the way back in 2010 :'c

Last edited by AbbygailBearDiva59; 07-26-2015 at 07:23 PM..
Old 07-27-2015, 09:00 AM
DuffyBringsLove
Polar Bear
BABV Name: slaughtermelon

DuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to beholdDuffyBringsLove is a splendid one to behold
 DuffyBringsLove is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by AbbygailBearDiva59
yeah, a lot of us think it was really was lame of sharon them to close bearville... even though i don't play virtual worlds anymore i agree with your statement that no other current websites can stack up. bearville was so nicely designed & all of the other websites (especially ourworld and *cringe* secretbuilders) look so tacky and awful in comparison.

btw it's great to see new people here; welcome to the forum!

also i love the pic of chloerocks below. that was my desktop wallpaper all the way back in 2010 :'c
dont speak about sharon price john that way! she is r savior!!
Old 07-27-2015, 01:06 PM
Memory
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LilySapphire72

Memory is a splendid one to beholdMemory is a splendid one to beholdMemory is a splendid one to beholdMemory is a splendid one to beholdMemory is a splendid one to beholdMemory is a splendid one to beholdMemory is a splendid one to beholdMemory is a splendid one to behold
 Memory is offline Status: Offline

Yeah I was pretty mad about Bearville closing but I'm used to all my childhood games closing. First Pandanda, then Tinierme, then Toontown, then Bearville.
I can't really blame them because Build A Bear is first and foremost a business. When Disney closed 3 of their MMOs, it was because the interactive media department lost a ton of money in their last few years and even through there were thousands of players signing petitions, they still weren't making money and they didn't care. MMOs are hard to maintain so they switch to making simple, boring mobile games.

Bearville didn't make them much money so they cut it. It costs money to run a game server, especially one that might be old or outdated. Bearville was free too so there probably wasn't much revenue from it considering there weren't many players in it's end days.

I do think they ruined it with the chat filter and not everyone showing up in a room. Maybe they did that to reduce server costs. But yeah it wasn't managed well, they lost money, and they killed it. It stinks.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:24 PM
BritneyBearHug791
Polar Bear
BABV Name: mochi

BritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to behold
 BritneyBearHug791 is offline Status: Offline

I was really upset to find out that Bearville was closing. Since 2011, I literally begged my mom to take me to the mall so I can get a Build-A-Bear and to see it come to life. I'm really disappointed to see that they replaced Bearville with a terrible game site that has terrible games, barely has any games, and tacky videos, like those Epic Burp Battles.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:03 AM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

I think I don't have to repeat how upset I was and still am.
The problem was that there we no new updates, no quests and nothing new to buy in the shopos in bearville, which is why many people lost interest and quit. And then they turned it round and said they have to close it down because there are not enough players. they could have made an effort, could have asked us if we wanted paid memberships, whatever, But no, they just deleted it all.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:32 PM
TygerStar
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KittyAngel1852

TygerStar will become famous soon enough
 TygerStar is offline Status: Offline

If they had offered paid memberships, I would have paid for Bearville in a heartbeat! I'm still so very sad it's gone. It was the best online game I ever played.
Old 08-06-2015, 04:58 PM
cassidy5
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LizzyOBeary24

cassidy5 will become famous soon enough
 cassidy5 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by DuffyBringsLove
dont speak about sharon price john that way! she is r savior!!
Um, seriously???

yes, i'm like SO devastated it's gone... sniffle
I used to love to meet my friends on there and play games..etc.
And that was one of the main reasons I got my first BAB!!!

I'm just so happy for this site to keep my memories fresh and alive...
Old 08-13-2015, 03:59 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

Yes, Duffy, I thought it was ironic but you keep mentioning you like Sharon John, so I am starting to think you really do? And if you do, then WHY???

She closed down build a dino as well, by the way. I just found out today.
Old 08-13-2015, 05:24 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by RachelGirl192
Yes, Duffy, I thought it was ironic but you keep mentioning you like Sharon John, so I am starting to think you really do? And if you do, then WHY???

She closed down build a dino as well, by the way. I just found out today.
Well, that explains why the dinos mysteriously disappeared at my local Build-a-Bear...
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
abbygail, bearville, closing