BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > General Discussion

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2015, 12:17 AM
kayleebear19
Polar Bear
BABV Name: that's kinda personal XD

kayleebear19 is on a distinguished road
 kayleebear19 is offline Status: Offline
Exclamation So gonna go on a little tangent here...

I see so many posts about being upset about Bearville being gone, and i get that. I loved build a bear from the time i started collecting to the time it shut down. I know alot of people are upset, but that doesn't mean your furry friends are necessarily dead. We still have our bears, the games for the DS and Wii, the mobile apps, and those bearville alive videos are pretty cute. Campy, but cute.

So i guess what i'm going on about is, just because bearville is gone , doesn't mean your real bears are dead too.

okay tangent over!
Old 09-30-2015, 09:07 AM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

There was something special about bringing your own bears to life online, seeing them run around, dressing them, decorating rooms for them and connecting with people all over the world in a magical little down. That feeling can't be re-created by an app or a game, which is why so many people were upset. Myself included.

BUT. I do appreciate your tangent. You're right, even though it's not exactly the same, our bears are still with us in real life. I loved BAB before Bearville and I still love it now, because the feeling of going to the store and picking out, stuffing and bringing home your own furry friend can never be deleted. c:
Old 09-30-2015, 11:32 AM
TygerStar
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KittyAngel1852

TygerStar will become famous soon enough
 TygerStar is offline Status: Offline

But have you seen anything in BABW that you really wanted to buy? I haven't seen anything in a long time that I wanted so I have stayed away from it. I spent too much money when Bearville was open anyway. I'm not even sure how many bears, cats, dogs, etc. that I have from there, I have that many.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:27 PM
cassidy5
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LizzyOBeary24

cassidy5 will become famous soon enough
 cassidy5 is offline Status: Offline

I know what you mean. I do try to look on the bright side of things. Of course you're right: our bears our very much alive! Mine at least, lol. It still makes my day when I walk into a BABW store and I still want to get a job there. I still spoil my bears (though I may not exactly "play" with them) and yes, I do they do sleep with me every night. Although some people might say i am too old for this, I would reply that (1) you're never to old for BABW and (2) my bears are not old enough to sleep by themselves XD (I guess THAT was MY tangent, lol)

All that said, like Vanessa said, it's not the same w/o BV. It really had topped the fun experience, to be able to bring your bear to life there, buy things for it, have your own little house w/ it... it was THE coolest virtual world I've ever found. I think BABW made a BIG mistake shutting it down. And, many of there new, um creatures don't really appeal to me. Neither do the apps or BV alive vids.

So yes. Me AND my bears still miss Bearville, but we're very happy to have each other.

Last edited by cassidy5; 09-30-2015 at 12:28 PM..
Old 10-10-2015, 05:55 PM
kayleebear19
Polar Bear
BABV Name: that's kinda personal XD

kayleebear19 is on a distinguished road
 kayleebear19 is offline Status: Offline

Also, we have the Build a Bear apps like Bear Valley and Promise Pets, so not all hope is lost.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:10 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

Promise Pets is pathetic, honestly. And I can't get Bear Valley, so that's a mystery to me.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:40 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

Bear Valley is meh. You get to build bears and stuff, which is fun, but all of the tasks/challenges they get you to do are repetitive and boring. And I still can't figure out how to decorate my condo.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:49 PM
TygerStar
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KittyAngel1852

TygerStar will become famous soon enough
 TygerStar is offline Status: Offline

Yes, I have Bear Valley and I agree. It's kind of boring after awhile, not really like Bearville at all.
Old 10-11-2015, 04:08 PM
cassidy5
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LizzyOBeary24

cassidy5 will become famous soon enough
 cassidy5 is offline Status: Offline

eh, glad to know.
have thought about getting it, so...
Anyone have uh, whatever that's called... Hugs something?
Old 10-11-2015, 06:17 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by cassidy5
eh, glad to know.
have thought about getting it, so...
Anyone have uh, whatever that's called... Hugs something?
Hugsville and Friendship Valley? Both a mystery too, never got Hugsville and had no way to play Friendship Valley, even if we got it.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
bearville memories, weloveourbears