BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2015, 09:17 PM
Gingerbread Hello Kitty
Polar Bear
BABV Name: 死ぬ ♡

Gingerbread Hello Kitty will become famous soon enoughGingerbread Hello Kitty will become famous soon enough
 Gingerbread Hello Kitty is offline Status: Offline
Default Build-A-Bear Workshop: 2013 to 2015

Backstory: So I have been saving this box I have had since I went to a BABW store last (which was early May, 2013) just because I really like the boxes, and I hold all my certificates inside. Since I just made a bear last weekend, I started to compare the box and items from 2013, to the box and items of 2015, concluding that there is a MAJOR difference between the years. I know that 2 years isn't a long time, but within the span of 2 years, BABW designs has changed drastically.

So, sit back and enjoy the small nostalgia trip.

Side note - Sorry for picture quality, my iPod takes horrible pictures.

Box Design:
Spoiler: show
Click the image to open in full size.

As you can see, there is a MAJOR difference between the designs. The box from 2013 looks more kid-friendly to me, and you can see the old logo on the top. The box from 2015 looks more "simplistic", and features the newer logo (which quite frankly looks more adult to me). You can also see that the window cut-outs are at the front of the box on the 2013 one, where on the 2015 one, they are on the sides. The 2013 box is my favorite from the two.

Certificate Styles:

Okay, so the first two certificates are circa Bearville being open (as you can see the ID Number and key code at the bottom). The certificate that says it's from 2009 is actually from around 2012 when I was getting certificates made for old bears, and the one from 2013 is from the bear that I got this box with. Just like the 2013 box, these certificates are more colorful and kid-friendly to me, while the one from 2015 is black and white, with the only other colors being on the BABW logo. Like I said with the box, looks more adult to me.

Tag style:

This is a tag from 2013, talking about how you can register your bear online, and their old iOS app.
I just included this for nostalgia :P

So what do you guys think? Do you like the old designs more, or the new?

I really enjoyed doing this and I hope you all enjoy as well.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:08 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
CambriaSpeedRacer is online now Status: Online

Thanks for posting this, I appreciate being able to compare. I think it's obvious that the old ones are better.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:24 AM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

I think the 2013 stuff had more personality, or maybe that's just me.
The animals were cuter too.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:52 AM
cassidy5
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LizzyOBeary24

cassidy5 will become famous soon enough
 cassidy5 is offline Status: Offline

I'm getting sentimental...
I think everyone will agree that the old style is a lot better. It had much more personality, is more kiddish, and MUCH better quality...

Last edited by cassidy5; 10-27-2015 at 04:12 PM..
Old 10-27-2015, 04:16 PM
TygerStar
Polar Bear
BABV Name: KittyAngel1852

TygerStar will become famous soon enough
 TygerStar is offline Status: Offline

I definately like the old styles of boxes and certificates much better. The newer ones have lost the "zing." They're not as nice as the older ones. I'm so glad I saved ALL my boxes (cub condos they called them in the store). Does anyone remember the Valentine's Day boxes and the Christmas boxes? I have those. Those are something special. I'd have to take pictures of them to show you. I can't right now because my arm is hurting. But if you don't remember and want to see them, let me know and I'll put them up. Thank you for posting this. It's very interesting to compare them.

By the way, they had special certificates at Christmas, too, if you bought Rudolph, for example.

The newer ones look like they were done in a hurry.....
Old 10-27-2015, 04:21 PM
cassidy5
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by TygerStar
I definately like the old styles of boxes and certificates much better. The newer ones have lost the "zing." They're not as nice as the older ones. I'm so glad I saved ALL my boxes (cub condos they called them in the store). Does anyone remember the Valentine's Day boxes and the Christmas boxes? I have those. Those are something special. I'd have to take pictures of them to show you. I can't right now because my arm is hurting. But if you don't remember and want to see them, let me know and I'll put them up. Thank you for posting this. It's very interesting to compare them.

By the way, they had special certificates at Christmas, too, if you bought Rudolph, for example.

The newer ones look like they were done in a hurry.....
By a seven year old who didn't know how to do graphics.

I definitely remember the Christmas boxes and certificates, have one of each and they were cool. I could post pics of mine.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:44 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all

I had a bunch of time to kill so I took pics of four of my boxes. I'll post them as soon as I can
Old 10-27-2015, 10:41 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear

Here's the pics:

I'm feeling an eerie sense of symbolism in the logos. At first, six bears worked on the bear. It eventually changed to two. How many work on the bear now?
Old 10-28-2015, 06:40 AM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
I'm feeling an eerie sense of symbolism in the logos. At first, six bears worked on the bear. It eventually changed to two. How many work on the bear now?

And, like everyone else, I prefer the old one boxes and tags and certificates MUCH more. The new ones are all business-like and boring, they lack that magical quality that the old ones have.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:30 AM
cassidy5
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
Here's the pics:

Those first three boxes are SO COOL. They look like really good quality and fun and stuff. I mean, I've only had the last one and EVEN THAT is MUCH better than the "Bearville Alive!" style as I call it...
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT