BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2016, 02:40 AM
NicoleBigHugs60
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Niki~

NicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to all
 NicoleBigHugs60 is offline Status: Offline
Talking Show me your art~

I felt this forum needed more art related stuff, since everything seemed to have died a bit (duh). I know there aren't THAT many people on this forum anymore (and if you just joined, welcome~) but I'm sure there are a few of artists still lingering.
I took a long break, so I came surprised at the lack of people on the forum (then again, it being so long since I'd logged on, I didn't realize BABV had been removed or whatever), and my favorite part of this forum was always the "Beary Creative" section, so I was sad to see little to no posts on it. SO HERE I AM. Ok sorry, excited caps. Haha.
Anyways, show me your art, and I'll post my own art occasionally too!
And please, don't take this as something like me showing off--I'm no where near good enough to even think about that in the first place, nor would I ever think to do that; everyone has their own style and goes at their own pace.

I'll start~ My most recent piece was actually a self portrait, so I won't post it here, but instead I'll post a secret santa I did from another website~ (it's past christmas, but the drawing isn't even christmas related)
Click the image to open in full size.
(sorry if it's large; I tend to use larger canvases, then forget to resize later. lol)

Also here's a few other of my favorite recent drawings~
(this was done in an art class I took outside of school that an art store offers)

(my only male OC Caiden)

(and lastly, thought like I said, christmas is over, my OC Thalia)

I'm always happy to look at other artists works~ And while i'm not really the best artist, if you have questions, I'll try my best to answer them. ^^

Last edited by NicoleBigHugs60; 01-20-2016 at 02:43 AM..
Old 01-20-2016, 10:16 AM
HoneyBanana30
Polar Bear
BABV Name: kAIKI IS BEST GIRL

HoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud ofHoneyBanana30 has much to be proud of
 HoneyBanana30 is offline Status: Offline

Oh my gosh - your art is amazing! ^^
I love all of your drawings so much!~
The way you drew the hair of them all is amazing!

There are a couple of artists still on BI and I used to love art, too, but - I've recently lost interest in it... :P
I'll find some and post it up later. c:
It's not as good as yours, though!
I'll try and draw again, sometime, as I haven't drawn anything this year. ^^;

Um, here you go:

Sorry, they're awful in comparison to yours. ^^;

Last edited by HoneyBanana30; 01-20-2016 at 06:38 AM..
Old 01-20-2016, 02:59 PM
NicoleBigHugs60
Polar Bear

NicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to allNicoleBigHugs60 is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by HoneyBanana30
Oh my gosh - your art is amazing! ^^
I love all of your drawings so much!~
The way you drew the hair of them all is amazing!

There are a couple of artists still on BI and I used to love art, too, but - I've recently lost interest in it... :P
I'll find some and post it up later. c:
It's not as good as yours, though!
I'll try and draw again, sometime, as I haven't drawn anything this year. ^^;

Um, here you go:

Sorry, they're awful in comparison to yours. ^^;
Thank you~ The hair is my favorite part. And the eyes. <3 (The way I color hair is really time consuming though haha)

Drawing can be annoying at times, I understand (I spent an hour or so yesterday drawing my hand, but I couldn't look at my page, I had to look at my hand the entire time...needless to say I cheated a few times. lol Hands are so painful to draw)

No, no, your drawings are really cute! I like the may(?) drawing. It kinda reminds me of Amu from Shugo Chara, tbh.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:13 PM
BritneyBearHug791
Polar Bear
BABV Name: mochi

BritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to behold
 BritneyBearHug791 is offline Status: Offline

I'm not as good as you or Honey, but I think I do decently. I draw traditionally and digitally, which I will show an example of both. c:
My art is slowly improving, so I'm getting somewhere. I have difficulty at drawing hands and some parts of the body in general, so sorry if they look wonky in any way. >_<
Old 01-21-2016, 01:38 AM
NicoleBigHugs60
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by BritneyBearHug791
I'm not as good as you or Honey, but I think I do decently. I draw traditionally and digitally, which I will show an example of both. c:
My art is slowly improving, so I'm getting somewhere. I have difficulty at drawing hands and some parts of the body in general, so sorry if they look wonky in any way. >_<
They're both really good! I like the second one. It's so colourful~ c:
And don't worry, I have HUGE problems with hands (frankly, I'm still surprised the hands in my last drawing came out decently) They're all artists worst nightmare.
I don't think I'll be drawing hands for another week or more though, after my last drawing class, so I understand you 100% on the hands. Also feet.

I hope you continue to improve and see your improvement! I've been drawing for 4-5 years now and even just looking at my old art makes me cringe. You're not a true artist unless you look back at your old art (or even new art) and can already see all the flaws in it. Even better if you know how to fix it.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:09 AM
NicoleBigHugs60
Polar Bear

Throwing my latest artwork here in case anyone cares~

Just some Saturn fanart because Sailor Saturn is amazing

Old 02-09-2016, 05:16 AM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

ahhh I love everything posted here so far o:
I just recently started getting into digital art so I don't have very many things done yet but here's a few:
(this one I used a tutorial I found about making your digital art look like it was done traditionally ^_^)

(practicing with shading a little bit.. lots of room for improvement though haha)

(I just wanted to do something with pastel colors xD)

I used a mouse for all of them (linework layers are a blessing) but I'm saving up for a Wacom tablet so I can keep practicing :3
Old 02-09-2016, 11:04 PM
NicoleBigHugs60
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
ahhh I love everything posted here so far o:
I just recently started getting into digital art so I don't have very many things done yet but here's a few:
(this one I used a tutorial I found about making your digital art look like it was done traditionally ^_^)

(practicing with shading a little bit.. lots of room for improvement though haha)

(I just wanted to do something with pastel colors xD)

I used a mouse for all of them (linework layers are a blessing) but I'm saving up for a Wacom tablet so I can keep practicing :3
Holy moly the hands in the second picture are stellar. And you did these with just the vector layer (and a mouse)? Jeez, I can never make things look the way I want with the vector layers. (heck I can barely make my work look right without vector layers)
I love the last one too omg. I hope you get your tablet soon~
I need to get a new one but no money so
Old 02-09-2016, 11:14 PM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by NicoleBigHugs60
Holy moly the hands in the second picture are stellar. And you did these with just the vector layer (and a mouse)? Jeez, I can never make things look the way I want with the vector layers. (heck I can barely make my work look right without vector layers)
I love the last one too omg. I hope you get your tablet soon~
I need to get a new one but no money so
haha thanks ^_^
yeah I do a sketch layer first (like the kitty outline) then just go over with the linework layers and adjust things until they look how I want :3

I did this tonight:
Old 02-10-2016, 07:21 AM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

I can't art so I won't be posting anything, but I just wanted to say that all of the drawings on here are AMAZING! You guys are all so talented. ^.^
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT