BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2016, 11:10 PM
Ponygals
Polar Bear

Ponygals is on a distinguished road
 Ponygals is offline Status: Offline
Cool Too Much for the Bear?

When it comes down to it, the bear usually costs $25 if not a bit more, and then the outfit, shoes, voice boxes, etc. Cost extra, so don't you think paying $25 plus, in the $40-60 range, is a bit TOO much for a stuffed animal? Or do you think it is worth it?

I know I have 2 bears, one I got lucky with, and got for $4.00 at a swap meet, and the other I got on clearance for like $18 or 16 bucks I forgot how much haha. So I saved a bit on my bears with my finds.

But in general, I have always thought Build a Bear's bears of any kind and their outfits and all the other add-on's is a bit too much money. But what do you think?
Old 06-28-2016, 11:40 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline

The bear used to be about $15-$18, they upped their prices. It's a bit too much now.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:02 AM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

I think it is pretty pricy, especially when there's not even the added benefit of bringing your bears to life on Bearville anymore. :c
The cheaper bears ($10-$15) aren't bad, but there aren't very many of them, sadly.

I never really bothered with voice boxes or outfits because of the price, unless it was for a special reason (like a gift or something like that).
Old 06-29-2016, 09:34 AM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

I agree that BABW can be a little too pricey, especially as Meghan said since you can't bring them to live on Bearville anymore. The last time I went (last August), it cost over $40 to get the bear I wanted and an outfit to go with it, and that was with a sale going on! The prices definitely affect how much I buy at the store, I rarely buy things there because it is so expensive.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:45 PM
Ponygals
Polar Bear

Ponygals is on a distinguished road
 Ponygals is offline Status: Offline

Yeah, it ***** with the pricing system they have set-up. But what can you do? You either dish out the money and not let it bother you, or not buy anything lol.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:46 PM
RachelGirl192
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Rachelgirl192

RachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to beholdRachelGirl192 is a splendid one to behold
 RachelGirl192 is offline Status: Offline

yes, they get more and more expensive and I find less cute bears now AND we can't bring them to life any longer... so bad deal now.
Old 07-09-2016, 03:07 PM
cassidy5
Polar Bear
BABV Name: LizzyOBeary24

cassidy5 will become famous soon enough
 cassidy5 is offline Status: Offline

usually costs me about $40 for a bear and outfit at the store... bears are priced about right but the outfits are VERY expensive.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT