BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2017, 09:46 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
 CambriaSpeedRacer is offline Status: Offline
Default Camp Happy Heart 2017 Planning Thread

I'm being told to choose my courses for next year, so we need to figure out CHH 2017.

Welcome to the first annual Camp Happy Heart Planning Thread! In which we ask the important questions:

-Who is proctoring it?
-What will the teams be called?
-How many teams?
-When will sign-ups start?
-Why are we doing this?

the answer to that last one is "For the sake of tradition and to preserve the memory of Build-a-Bearville!"

Let us discuss and plan.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:21 AM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VanessaMay18 is alive again!

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of
 VanessaMay18 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
I'm being told to choose my courses for next year, so we need to figure out CHH 2017.
I love that logic XD
Old 03-02-2017, 02:58 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all

The NUMBER ONE thing to make sure of that we do this year: avoid a repeat of Feed-a-Bear. XD

I think the top thing to figure out, though, is: who will proctor it? It was incredibly stressful for me last year, but I DID have a lot going on too (and I made a HUGE mistake with Feed-a-Bear)...
Old 03-02-2017, 03:31 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy

VanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud ofVanessaMay18 has much to be proud of

Yes, definitely no Feed-A-Bear repeats
I'd proctor if nobody else wants to, I think I'm going to be pretty busy this summer but I could manage updating scores once a day and such. But if someone else wants to do it they are more than welcome.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:04 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear

I don't want to proctor this year...

This is hard XD
Old 03-02-2017, 07:16 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy

*waits for another member to take interest*
Old 03-02-2017, 07:53 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by VanessaMay18
*waits for another member to take interest*
should we beg Honey?
Old 03-03-2017, 11:56 AM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic will become famous soon enough
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

I have some interest.
what was feed-a-bear fiasco?
what are expectations?
Old 03-03-2017, 08:34 PM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by st2nic
I have some interest.
what was feed-a-bear fiasco?
what are expectations?
The famous Feed-A-Bear Fiasco was from last year's CHH. One team was seriously lagging behind, so I created a challenge to help them catch up. It wasn't a super hard game (Feed-A-Bear), they had several days to do it, there was no limit as to how many times you could play. And unfortunately I didn't set a challenging enough score minimum.

Both teams took that way too seriously, leaving me struggling to keep up with the score.

Pages 7-10 show the Feed-a-Bear Fiasco

~*~*~*~*~*~

As for expectations, here we go:

Depending on the amount of signups before CHH starts, we can have 2-4 teams. 2015 had four teams, and 2016 had two. A one-person team is a little harsh, and isn't really a team... Players are assigned to teams randomly right before CHH starts.

If someone joins after starting, sign them up. Assuming there are two teams, and currently seven players, with team amounts 4 and 3, then the person joining would go on the team with 3 people. If there are eight players, with amounts 4 and 4, they go on a random team. After either one, basically keep alternating teams people get assigned to.

After someone posts 10 times, their team gets 15 points.
Creating team chat threads earn 100 points. Setting your avatar and signature to something related to your team earns points - up to you, I guess, but I'd suggest 20 each.

Challenges are kind of crazy, as they are basically either 1) text challenges, or 2) games.

1) Text challenges are stuff that you do with text. Writing acrostic poems is a standard. We've also written parodies of Bearville songs, ran Bearville songs though Google Translate, and written a few different kinds of poems.

2) Games are typically accessed via the Wayback Machine or Build-a-Bear websites for other countries. (That last one requires a LOT of searching for a website that hasn't made the switch.) We strictly use older Build-a-Bear games as well as two Bearville games that we have links to. I plan on making a comprehensive list of game links soon.

Scores need to be updated basically daily. (Especially if a repeat of the Feed-A-Bear Fiasco happens.) Challenges typically last 3-5 days.

And then a typical rule: team with the most points wins.

And I feel like this is confusing so feel free to ask questions. XD

Last edited by CambriaSpeedRacer; 03-04-2017 at 01:12 AM..
Old 03-03-2017, 10:36 PM
VanessaMay18
Trading Teddy

It's 15 points for every 10 posts anywhere on BI
100 points for a chat thread. The rest is whatever you want. I think you covered everything else: thumbup:
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
camp happy heart, camp happy heart 2017, endless feed the bear