BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:48 PM
CurlyQ95
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Anna

CurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond reputeCurlyQ95 has a reputation beyond repute
 CurlyQ95 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CambriaSpeedRacer
Not a clue. From what I can gather, it's doing pretty well...
These children today don't know what they are missing.

You know, as someone who is majoring in web and mobile computing (back end and front end coding for websites and applications) at a school with some of the best computing majors in the world (#2 or #3 globally for game development), there are so many times when I think, "Man, if only I could get my hands on BABV's code...". Obviously that will never happen, but I wish.

Last edited by CurlyQ95; 07-31-2017 at 03:49 PM..
Old 08-01-2017, 08:47 PM
bearvillebae
Polar Bear
BABV Name: iamspamhoff

bearvillebae is on a distinguished road
 bearvillebae is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by CurlyQ95
These children today don't know what they are missing.

You know, as someone who is majoring in web and mobile computing (back end and front end coding for websites and applications) at a school with some of the best computing majors in the world (#2 or #3 globally for game development), there are so many times when I think, "Man, if only I could get my hands on BABV's code...". Obviously that will never happen, but I wish.
When they were about to close Bearville some people were hopeful that the new Build-A-Bear Play would be fun. Sadly, it's not.

View Post Originally Posted by CurlyQ95
Same. I haven't purchased anything from them in a long time.

Also agree with this.

Does anyone know how BABW is doing from a sales standpoint since BABV closed?
I mean, I know the Pokemon have sold well, but aside from that.
Build-A-Bear is back to earning money after there huge drop. That's probably because everything is cheaper: branded bears which they can sell for more money (like 90% of the furry friends, and it's Build-A-BEAR! A Bear! Not a Pokemon.), plain certificates, new discovery stores are cheaper to operate as well: the stuffing machines look like they cost less, they removed the fluff me station, they completely abandoned the plan of the ''High Tech'' BAB you could say, cheaper birth certificates that look super plain, and closing some stores and replacing them with these Build-A-Bear Kiosks.

Don't even get me started on the kiosks, there like 100 feet long. At the begining, there's the Take Me Home, then Choose Me & Hear Me on One Side, The Stuffing Machine at The End, and then Dress Me, and Name Me (1 Computer) at the end. It's not good.

You wanna notice what I really miss about Bearville: the little things. The music they had, chatting with friends, playing the furtastic fountain, watching craftshop and bearville news and the Chloe show. Those are the fond memories I have of BABW & BABV. I'm so sad that kids today don't get to have the same magic we did

One more thing I forgot to say, I emailed Build-A-Bear with all of my complaints about them closing Bearville many times, plus all the new branded stuff, and I got the same response each time, which I mean is normal but...

There getting really annoyed with me and you can tell when they say ''Once Again, Thank you for your interest In Bearville, however we will NOT be returning. Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc. will be moving forward with other platforms. That's all they said, and they're getting clearly annoyed with me. But, that's okay. I'm going to continue to email them because I really want them to listen. They're not going to.

Maxine dosen't run the company anymore. They were looking to become a strong profitable company again. They did that. But it lost the magic.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:12 PM
bearvillebae
Polar Bear

Default I went back to the Workshop Today.... My Experiance

I went back today. I decided that Build-A-Bear has and always will be a company I love. My local Build-A-Bear had a special style of a Moose that is only at that location, so I made that.

I walked in to BABW and spent a while deciding which bear to get. I did notice a lot of licensed matiriel.

I got a sound. I looked at music. There were three songs avaleble: Cheerleader, Uptown Funk, and Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae which are all old(er) songs. Cheerleader and Uptown Funk weren't sang by the actual singer, just Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae was, so I chose that.

I walked to the stuffers in the middle, put a heart in, and stuffed. Even though the Workshop looks different, the feel of bringing a teddy bear to life/experiance was still there,

Since there's no more Fluff Me, I went streight to Dress Me. I bought a blue hat, a t-shirt, and jeans (for some reason the only jeans they had we're for ''Build-A-Dino''-- which I thought they didn't have anymore, but anyway, they fit).

Birth Certificates at the computer. It didn't have me enter the Find A Bear ID Program. I asked, and apparently people were sick of entering their email address and stuff every time, so now it only asls you to name it, then if it's your first time at build-a-bear, gender, and name.

The Birth Certificates are still plain looking, but I still like them. One thing I wondered though, is they still have the ID Number on them even though there's no more find-a-bear/bearville, So what's the point? PS: Maxine's Signature was still on it

Then, it's time to pay. I wasn't really paying attention to the cost as I was just observing the workshop and asking questions. It rang up as $63. That included a $25.50 Bear, $7.00 Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae Sound, Hat, T-Shirt, Jeans, and A $5 Drawstring Backpack.

PPS: I was thinking about getting the 20th Aniversery Bear, but it had pegs in it's arms so the arms could rotate back (what the heck!) and I hated that, so I didn't choose that one. It's a shame though, because it was a cute bear.

And the reason I went with a Drawstring Backpack was because the Cub Condo's looked pretty plain, and I didn't want a plain bag either. I think the backpack was okay though. It had the old logo and was orange colored and glow in the dark.

So, overall I think it was a pretty good experiance. I miss things from the past, but at least I still am able to make my own teddy bear, even if it's more exspensive.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:28 AM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic will become famous soon enough
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

' I went back to the Workshop Today.... My Experiance'

thanks for sharing.

not the same experience as ours.

we did find the new Funko-Furry-N'-Fierce-Pop! at our local babw, plastic in the box with plenty of others on the bottom shelf facing away from the entrance.

did not have the furry one only the plastic. the clothes were sold separately in store, but not on the web site. the jacket in store did not have the bear's picture like the one on Hot Topic website that is to match clothes with babw. but Hot Topic had received no Furry-N'-Fierce clothing and did not even have the bear on display that had been received.
score - babw 0 - hot topic even less
the amusement park has a stuffing machine that I have never seen used.
have seen many many stuffed animals with happy families without its use.

then at clearance shopping at not babw, we found some babw clothes in boxes.
the pictures indicated very cheaply made clothes that we would not and did not buy. I have some high quality babw clothes, and this just about made me ill.
the mcdonald's happy meal animal (babw) free shirts were lovely in comparision.

I still have more affection for the babw on display on fences in memorials (seen many, unfortunately) than for the new ones in the store. I continue to check on the store, when i feel it is not overly expensive like the $5 bear last sept., but unwilling to pay $80 for the avenger collection on minis or even the $40 + for the
Guardians of the Galaxy mega minis.
the $0.50 unicorn(babw) from garage sale gets more attention at our house. keep thinking of having it restuffed since it is not as soft as should be.

long to (be in ) bv with enchanted pony or dragon.
Spoiler: show
from financial reports... We also believe that we will be able to generate revenue from the sale of products used exclusively on line in the virtual world space. Our research has shown that approximately one out of every three guests who complete our survey visit bearville.com before visiting our store and that over 40% of all animals registered in our stores by the key bearville.com demographic come online at the site, enhancing value for parents and engagement for kids. In 2008, we introduced virtual world products which are sold online and in our stores and in 2009 we expanded the offerings to include additional game cards as well as monthly and annual subscriptions to the site. Game cards can be used to buy exclusive virtual items, including rides, homes, furniture, clothing and accessories. Online subscriptions provide monthly credits and bonuses to members.

Last edited by st2nic; 08-05-2017 at 12:29 AM..
Old 08-05-2017, 12:33 AM
CambriaSpeedRacer
Polar Bear
BABV Name: CambriaSpeedRacer on Worlize!

CambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to allCambriaSpeedRacer is a name known to all
CambriaSpeedRacer is online now Status: Online

My last trip to Build-a-Bear was when I took that picture I posted earlier in this thread. It wasn't a very comfortable experience, and that's all I'm going to say. Mainly because I blacked out later that day so most of my attention was focused on staying cool and not, y'know, sharing the tale. And also it was a few weeks ago.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:04 AM
MeghanMusicLuvr28
Sage Bear

MeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond reputeMeghanMusicLuvr28 has a reputation beyond repute
 MeghanMusicLuvr28 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by bearvillebae
I went back today. I decided that Build-A-Bear has and always will be a company I love. My local Build-A-Bear had a special style of a Moose that is only at that location, so I made that.

I walked in to BABW and spent a while deciding which bear to get. I did notice a lot of licensed matiriel.

I got a sound. I looked at music. There were three songs avaleble: Cheerleader, Uptown Funk, and Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae which are all old(er) songs. Cheerleader and Uptown Funk weren't sang by the actual singer, just Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae was, so I chose that.

I walked to the stuffers in the middle, put a heart in, and stuffed. Even though the Workshop looks different, the feel of bringing a teddy bear to life/experiance was still there,

Since there's no more Fluff Me, I went streight to Dress Me. I bought a blue hat, a t-shirt, and jeans (for some reason the only jeans they had we're for ''Build-A-Dino''-- which I thought they didn't have anymore, but anyway, they fit).

Birth Certificates at the computer. It didn't have me enter the Find A Bear ID Program. I asked, and apparently people were sick of entering their email address and stuff every time, so now it only asls you to name it, then if it's your first time at build-a-bear, gender, and name.

The Birth Certificates are still plain looking, but I still like them. One thing I wondered though, is they still have the ID Number on them even though there's no more find-a-bear/bearville, So what's the point? PS: Maxine's Signature was still on it

Then, it's time to pay. I wasn't really paying attention to the cost as I was just observing the workshop and asking questions. It rang up as $63. That included a $25.50 Bear, $7.00 Watch Me Whip/Nae Nae Sound, Hat, T-Shirt, Jeans, and A $5 Drawstring Backpack.

PPS: I was thinking about getting the 20th Aniversery Bear, but it had pegs in it's arms so the arms could rotate back (what the heck!) and I hated that, so I didn't choose that one. It's a shame though, because it was a cute bear.

And the reason I went with a Drawstring Backpack was because the Cub Condo's looked pretty plain, and I didn't want a plain bag either. I think the backpack was okay though. It had the old logo and was orange colored and glow in the dark.

So, overall I think it was a pretty good experiance. I miss things from the past, but at least I still am able to make my own teddy bear, even if it's more exspensive.
I believe the ID number is also on a piece of paper they place inside your furry friend so that if it's ever lost and returned to a BABW store, they can check that and try to get them back to their owners.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:07 PM
bearvillebae
Polar Bear

View Post Originally Posted by MeghanMusicLuvr28
I believe the ID number is also on a piece of paper they place inside your furry friend so that if it's ever lost and returned to a BABW store, they can check that and try to get them back to their owners.
I asked BABW. They don't do Find-A-Bear for new animals anymore unless you ask to add them, because people we're getting annoyed with having to put in their email, address, phone number, etc.

View Post Originally Posted by st2nic
' I went back to the Workshop Today.... My Experiance'

thanks for sharing.

not the same experience as ours.

we did find the new Funko-Furry-N'-Fierce-Pop! at our local babw, plastic in the box with plenty of others on the bottom shelf facing away from the entrance.

did not have the furry one only the plastic. the clothes were sold separately in store, but not on the web site. the jacket in store did not have the bear's picture like the one on Hot Topic website that is to match clothes with babw. but Hot Topic had received no Furry-N'-Fierce clothing and did not even have the bear on display that had been received.
score - babw 0 - hot topic even less
the amusement park has a stuffing machine that I have never seen used.
have seen many many stuffed animals with happy families without its use.

then at clearance shopping at not babw, we found some babw clothes in boxes.
the pictures indicated very cheaply made clothes that we would not and did not buy. I have some high quality babw clothes, and this just about made me ill.
the mcdonald's happy meal animal (babw) free shirts were lovely in comparision.

I still have more affection for the babw on display on fences in memorials (seen many, unfortunately) than for the new ones in the store. I continue to check on the store, when i feel it is not overly expensive like the $5 bear last sept., but unwilling to pay $80 for the avenger collection on minis or even the $40 + for the
Guardians of the Galaxy mega minis.
the $0.50 unicorn(babw) from garage sale gets more attention at our house. keep thinking of having it restuffed since it is not as soft as should be.

long to (be in ) bv with enchanted pony or dragon.
Spoiler: show
from financial reports... We also believe that we will be able to generate revenue from the sale of products used exclusively on line in the virtual world space. Our research has shown that approximately one out of every three guests who complete our survey visit bearville.com before visiting our store and that over 40% of all animals registered in our stores by the key bearville.com demographic come online at the site, enhancing value for parents and engagement for kids. In 2008, we introduced virtual world products which are sold online and in our stores and in 2009 we expanded the offerings to include additional game cards as well as monthly and annual subscriptions to the site. Game cards can be used to buy exclusive virtual items, including rides, homes, furniture, clothing and accessories. Online subscriptions provide monthly credits and bonuses to members.
I'm sorry that you didn't have the same experiance as me. The only thing that's changed in our store is the furry friends, the Birth Certificates, some of the clothes, and the new store format.

One thing I forgot to say, when I went to my local store they we're having like a little special deal thing. If you bought $20 or more at BABW, you get two friendship bracelets, so I got them. On the back of them they say they were made January, 15th, 2001. Wow.

Very interesting about the financial information. I bet that percentage for sure changed when they slacked off on updating Bearville. Now there doing the same with Build-A-Bear Play, no new games, hardly any Bearville Alive Videos. Not that I care anyway, but all their focusing on is the Honey Girls.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:51 AM
BritneyBearHug791
Polar Bear
BABV Name: mochi

BritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to beholdBritneyBearHug791 is a splendid one to behold
 BritneyBearHug791 is offline Status: Offline

i haven't bought anything from babw in years as i outgrew it, theres no more bv, and my mom was kinda skeptical of the business for some reason lol. but when i walked by the nearest babw at the mall it looks so much different and doesn't feel like home anymore. i did enter the store to check out what they had to offer nowadays and everything feels and looks cheaply made, especially the newer bears which aren't as cute as their older bears imo. the place was also dead and not lively like it used to be back then. it's pretty sad.

Last edited by BritneyBearHug791; 08-07-2017 at 02:04 AM..
Old 08-07-2017, 07:45 PM
st2nic
Polar Bear
BABV Name: marcoquickbear

st2nic will become famous soon enough
 st2nic is offline Status: Offline

did you see the hair for black widow and gamora(minis), as well as the gamora costume?

looks like felt cut with craft scissors, not professional quality work.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:02 PM
JovelynFunCub
Polar Bear
BABV Name: JocelynFunCub11

JovelynFunCub is on a distinguished road
 JovelynFunCub is offline Status: Offline

I just wanted to say - I don't think that Build a Bear is doing that well. If you just look at the BAB stocks online, you can see that there's been an obvious dip. Their highest point was in January 2015 (when we all first found out that Bearville was closing!) and it's steadily been going down. Bad choice, BAB, bad choice...
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
anti-sharon alliance