BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2009, 04:20 PM
COOkIErocks:D
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: ClaraCool2-Jr.CyBearGuide

COOkIErocks:D is on a distinguished road
 COOkIErocks:D is offline Status: Offline
Default My idea

Okay, I'm sure EVERYONE loved Open Chat and mis it like REALLY bad. So here's an idea. You know how we can send Maxine Clark messages right? Well, let's send her one saying to put Open Chat back! I mean, Safe Chat is okay now that us Jr.CyBearGuides can add a phrase,but we need more variety! We need Open Chat back. So everyone, please, let's send messages about Open Chat! This is my suggestion of improving BABV again. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2009, 04:28 PM
scoodi
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SabrinaScooter

scoodi will become famous soon enough
 scoodi is offline Status: Offline

Well, I would agree, but it's just that I know that if I were Maxine, I would hate getting all these messages about bringing back open chat, because I'm sure she already realizes that we all want it back.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Trading Teddy

Well..I guess you are right. Actually, you are right. Lol. But why did they even decide to close it?
Old 02-07-2009, 04:31 PM
princessgirlcool
Sage Bear

princessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond reputeprincessgirlcool has a reputation beyond repute
 princessgirlcool is offline Status: Offline

COOKIEROCKS I thinkl you are right but we have to be nice if we have open chat because thats why maxine took it away in the first place because people were being mean and rude.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Trading Teddy

Okee Dokee. Now ll we have to do is wait till an Administrator or someone closes this. Lol.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:43 PM
whisperwolf
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MollieSeaShell GracieJellyBear

whisperwolf will become famous soon enoughwhisperwolf will become famous soon enough
 whisperwolf is offline Status: Offline

The main reason Open Chat was removed was because of safety issues for minors. It is too easy for someone to abuse Open Chat and for minors to give out personal information. I have seen this happen on every virtual site that allows a form of open chat. Especially on VMK, which was a similar community to BABV.

Most minors do not have the discernment skills necessary for open online communties. It leads to bad or harmful decisions such as harassment, flirting, or giving out personal info. None of us knows for sure who is sitting on the otherside of the computer from another character, unless you know the person in real life. All of us need to be careful out there!

Anyway, though I miss the freedom of open chat, I am reluctant to beg for it back. I think if and when Maxine and the coders are ready to return it, they will (or won't).
Old 02-07-2009, 04:47 PM
BearVilleInsiderRules
Trading Teddy

BearVilleInsiderRules is on a distinguished road
 BearVilleInsiderRules is offline Status: Offline

no like webkinz in the trading room...... like they put the words you cant say in red and unless you change it into something nice you can say it!!!??? Are u guys with me!!!????
Old 02-07-2009, 04:59 PM
whisperwolf
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MollieSeaShell GracieJellyBear

whisperwolf will become famous soon enoughwhisperwolf will become famous soon enough
 whisperwolf is offline Status: Offline

People still find ways around that. They just create a code like using 'won' for the number 'one', 'too' for 'two' and so forth. I've seen kids give out their ages and phone numbers on places like that, and they still find ways to flirt or harass (although we can thankfully block people who annoy us too much!) I think it won't happen. Although I suspect a way of making secret friends with people you know in real life will happen eventually.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:03 PM
jessicaa44
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: jesssprinkles4

jessicaa44 is on a distinguished road
 jessicaa44 is offline Status: Offline

they should let open chat come back but just take out things that are mean, not give us to choose from
Old 02-07-2009, 05:56 PM
SarahVeryCute17
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SarahVeryCute17! :)

SarahVeryCute17 is on a distinguished road
 SarahVeryCute17 is offline Status: Offline

Open chat will be back someday..... I don't think that we should bug Maxine though. I'm sure that she gets a lot of emails suggesting to bring back Open Chat as it is. Let's just be patient, I know that it's been a while.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT