BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > About Buildabearville! > Whoopsies!

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Purrincess
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: aurorapurrincess9

Purrincess is on a distinguished road
 Purrincess is offline Status: Offline
Default Friends List running slow cause shutdown!

Sometimes when I open up my friends list trying to see if someone is on. It starts acting all funny. I get this pop up about movie player running slowly. I cancel out of it and then my friends list just pops up and down. Then I have to refresh my screen and try to get back in to where I was at.

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-16-2008 at 06:58 PM..
Old 06-02-2008, 10:30 PM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JessBearHug

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light
 JessBearHug is offline Status: Offline

I usually have to use a control-alt-delete to shut the program down. Something about the friends list locks up the computer. The more people who are online, the worse it gets.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:39 PM
kitten1462
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: FrancescaBearPaw1

kitten1462 is on a distinguished road
 kitten1462 is offline Status: Offline

Oh yeah! I get that! I hate it! Then your computer gets all slow......ugh.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:46 PM
reeceultracool2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: reeceultracool2

reeceultracool2 has disabled reputation
 reeceultracool2 is offline Status: Offline
Thumbs up Friend List

I have found the same...I try to limit my friends list to around 65 names and I have not had that problem. Also I have found that the whisper mode gets goofy after a while which, I have been told, means that it is full and in order to clear it you have to log-out and then back in. Kind of a pain but if you don't feel like shutting down everything this really saves time in the long run.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:53 PM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JessBearHug

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light
 JessBearHug is offline Status: Offline

My problem with my friends list is that I can't figure out who half the people are so I don't want to start deleting someone and making them mad
But, one day, I'm going to have to start over, almost, because I have way over 100 names and that list doesn't function well at all. The minute you go to scroll the list, the locking up starts and sometimes it releases itself, but if BABV is really crowded, the computer locks up.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 PM
sarahbear371
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: sarahbear371

sarahbear371 will become famous soon enough
 sarahbear371 is offline Status: Offline

Yeah, this problem happens to me a little to much. LOL
Old 06-02-2008, 11:01 PM
BridgetteFluffed
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BridgetteFluffed

BridgetteFluffed is on a distinguished road
 BridgetteFluffed is offline Status: Offline

Same happens with me! It starts lagging really bad and then just freezes. I end up pressing the ctrl alt delete thing. But I wish that would be fixed :l
Old 06-03-2008, 12:41 AM
StellaBallerina15
Banned
BABV Name: StellaBallerina15

StellaBallerina15 is on a distinguished road
 StellaBallerina15 is offline Status: Offline

I once had a pop up saying: a flash script is making your comuter running very slowly. do you want to abort the script?

I clicked the yes, then another one popped up and i clicked yes and the whole process repeated.

when it FINALLY ended, the friend list closed and opened then closed then opened. Oh, it was so freaky!

I had to refresh the page and restart. The title really tells it all! It is a glitch I could really live without!
Old 06-03-2008, 03:32 AM
AmieVerySweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AmieVerySweet

AmieVerySweet is on a distinguished road
 AmieVerySweet is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by StellaBallerina15
I once had a pop up saying: a flash script is making your comuter running very slowly. do you want to abort the script?

I clicked the yes, then another one popped up and i clicked yes and the whole process repeated.

when it FINALLY ended, the friend list closed and opened then closed then opened. Oh, it was so freaky!

I had to refresh the page and restart. The title really tells it all! It is a glitch I could really live without!

I had that error message as well. It happened a few times when I was decorating my condo and also when opening the friend list on a crowded server. To close the window I would press Alt + F4. Eventually I searched around on the web for an answer. It suggested I go to the adobe website and download the latest version of adobe player. I haven't had a problem since then.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:37 AM
princessbunny
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BriaDiva3

princessbunny has disabled reputation
 princessbunny is offline Status: Offline

One more glitch I could live without is everytime I go to my condo I see the furniture all wrong and I have to rearrange
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT