BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Virtual Sandbox! > Pawty Time

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2008, 01:33 PM
BeccaOBeary
Polar Bear
BABV Name: BeccaOBeary

BeccaOBeary is on a distinguished road
 BeccaOBeary is offline Status: Offline
Smile Actual Build-A-Bear Workshop Party.

This thread is for anyone considering having a party at Build-A-Bear Workshop. I recently had one, and here are the details. Please note, my party was in the UK, other countries may vary.

Arrive at shop, go to the till or nearest staff member, and explain that you are here as a party. A member of staff will be assigned as your party leader, and hand out name tag stickers. Then, the group will be taken over to the bears, and the leader will explain how much each guest is allowed to spend on the bear, extra clothes etc. Everyone chooses a bear within the price range and takes them over to the leader and explain what you want your bear to be called. The leader writes this down on the tag, along with the bear owner's name. After this, the leader asks all guests to stand by the till and count, whilst the staff are hiding everyones unstuffed bears. Everyone looks around the shop and finds their bears, then we are gathered into a circle at the back of the shop. Everyone then picks up two hearts, except the guest of honour, who picks won. Everyone goes back to the circle, and does a group heart experience, including balancing the heart on your head, kissing the heart and rubbing it between your hands. Everyone makes a wish for the guest of honour, and places won of their hearts inside the guest of honours bear. Then, everyone places their own hearts inside their own bears. Then, while each guest is having their bear stuffed, the other guests play games, such as piggy in the middle, hoola hoop games, as well as other fun games. Of course, all of the games are changed around so that they have a bear theme. Once all bears are stuffed, the group heads over to the computers and everyone types up and print the birth certificates. Next, is fluffing the bear. Everyone crowds around the bath, and in turn, everyone brushes and fluffs their bear. When this is done, the group sits in a circle and puts as many ribbons as they like on their bear. After this, everyone stands up and the party leader gets the whole shops attention, and all customers, guests and staff sing happy birthday to the guest of honour. Next, the leader explains to the group that they will all sign an autograph bear for the guest of honour. Finally, each bear is placed into a cub condo carrying case, and each guest is handed a set of stickers each, plus a discount voucher, allowing everyone to get £3 of a purchase of £12.

Extra info:

An adult must be present at all childrens parties.

A minimum of 6 people must attend the party.

Parties last approx. won-two hours.

You pay for the guest's bears and nothing else. Autograph bear and stickers are all free.

Virtual perks:

After the party, guests go home and can register their bears using the birth certificate codes. Guest of honour also gets store credits for all bears purchased. Also, guest of honour can enter the party id, date and time on babv and receive a party room for their cub condo. Choose between a disco room, sports room or beach room. Each room comes with an outfit and a dance move. Guest of honour also receives twenty invites to send to their online friends. Each invite comes with the party outfit and dance move.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:03 AM
kitten1462
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: FrancescaBearPaw1

kitten1462 is on a distinguished road
 kitten1462 is offline Status: Offline

Wow! This is really handy! Thanks for posting it! I am having won soon. I can't wait!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:38 AM
sophiesosweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: sophiesosweet

sophiesosweet is on a distinguished road
 sophiesosweet is offline Status: Offline

I had two parties in the UK, the one last year in Hamleys was so embarrassing. They made friends walk around the shop shouting 'stuff my bear!'. I had one yesterday too. I loved it. I chose a quieter shop and said I don't want to be embarrassed. They were much nicer about me That made me feel much better about it lol. I was disappointed with the party favours though, last year it was a pin badge and sticker, now it's just stickers but all pretty worth it. It was lots of fun. I especially like choosing as many ribbons as I liked, they even let me take two yellow ones for my topaz bear at home. It was really nice.
Please no personal information, including ages. Thank you Tamster
Old 08-04-2008, 09:53 PM
brooklynn2hip104
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: brook :]

brooklynn2hip104 is on a distinguished road
 brooklynn2hip104 is offline Status: Offline

LOL I would say "i am defintily NOT doing that." LOL that was pretty funny to hear i went to five this year never had one put went to one i am sort of shy we had to do the stuff the bear thing at my friends party too but i "went to the rest room" so i would not have to do that LOL
Old 08-05-2008, 12:54 AM
raecamper1
Knut
BABV Name: raecamper1

raecamper1 has disabled reputation
 raecamper1 is offline Status: Offline
Smile thanks for sharing

Thanks for all the info. I'm not sure if its the same in US but sounds like fun!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:08 AM
kimhearts13
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Kimhearts13

kimhearts13 is on a distinguished road
 kimhearts13 is offline Status: Offline

wow,thanks! now i know what to do at the party!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:13 AM
regansosweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: ReganSoSweet

regansosweet is on a distinguished road
 regansosweet is offline Status: Offline

I have always been curious as to what the whole party entails. I have been to the shops before and seen all the kids running around yelling and it looked like so much fun, but I had no idea what else they did. Thanks for letting us know!
Old 08-05-2008, 02:37 AM
TrishaDecembear
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: TrishaDecembear

TrishaDecembear has a spectacular aura aboutTrishaDecembear has a spectacular aura about
 TrishaDecembear is offline Status: Offline

My daughter has been to 3 parties at the BAB in Downtown Disney (CA). Unfortunately, none of them have involved any games - not hide-the-bear, nor anything else. They do have a fully stocked upstairs that is a near duplicate of the downstairs. That is where the party can shop mostly undisturbed. The only shouting that I remember is the girls marching upstairs yelling, "We're going to a PARTY!" all the way up to the top. At the end, everyone goes down stairs & the party girl is announced to the entire rest of the store.

It was truly great fun - She got to do her first bear & party at 13 months. The most recent party was last summer, just before kindergarten. I think the twerp has 4 BAB's right now. We donated one to the police force since she felt she didn't need yet another furry friend. But, we are going to get her pumpkin kitty just before 1st grade starts up, because she has survived the Mommy summer reading program.

I'm babbling, cuz it is 11:40 & I really need to go to bed

JP
Old 08-05-2008, 03:08 AM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: karenbearhug

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute
 karenbearhug is offline Status: Offline

All the Build A Bear stores do their parties a little differently, as do different bear builders. I think the post gave a pretty good overview of how a party works though. The best part about a party is that no matter how busy it is in the store, you don't have to wait in line for the stuffiing machine! They will close down the line at one of the machines and just your party gets to use it. I usually taylor the activity level of the party to the individual guests involved. Build A Bear parties are definately not just for kids. On Saturday I ran a BABW party for a Red Hat Society club meeting. They told me you have to be over 50 in order to join that club! They all made bears for local foster children.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:48 AM
Julie
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JulieSilly2 (aka Purple)

Julie is on a distinguished road
 Julie is offline Status: Offline

That is so cool Karen! I bet that was fun to do their party and how nice of them!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT