BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2009, 05:43 AM
PawsomeGirl
Trading Teddy

PawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 PawsomeGirl is offline Status: Offline
Default How to make blends using GIMP.

Blending is combing images so they look as one. For example:
Click the image to open in full size.

If you are gonna do a celebrity one, I suggest you get your images from sweetandtalented.com. It has a lot of celebrity images for you to use.
You need to download a program called GIMP. You can download it from here: www.gimp.org. It is virus free. Please ask your parent/guardian/owner of the computer before you do so.

Okay, are you ready to start?

Step 1:
Go into file and click on New. Then make your image 1200 x 1000.

Step 2:
Okay, your ready to start! Go into the edit tab, and paste your first image for the blend(I did Ashley Tisdale):

Step 3:
Go into the layer tab and click on new layer. Repeat this step again. But when you add your second layer, this should appear:
Do Not Change the form, just click okay again.

Step 4:
Then, Paste a second image over the part of the first image that you want to blend(dont worry, once its complete, you will be able to see arms that are covered up and stuff!) Here is what I did:

Step 5:
Now, use the tool that is next to the circle(top row, third along from the left) and draw around the bit you want to remove, it should look like this:

Step 6:
Right click the on the wiggly bit, and go into Select> Feather. Then Set the feather to 30 pixels.

Step 7:
Then the stuff inside the wiggly bit should look a little more blurred. Finally, go to edit and click cut as many times as you like.

Step 8:
Then click on the retangle tool on the top row and drag it around your image. Then, drag the image you just blended more into the picture, it should look like this:

Step 9:
If you would like to add more images, repeat steps 3 to 8.

Step 10:
Finally, add the finishing touches such as text and brushes(I will add a brushes tutorial soon!)

Step 11:
When Saving, please type:
.JPG after you type the title of your file otherwise it wont upload!

My Result:
Old 05-16-2009, 05:56 AM
Mark21
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarkBrown21

Mark21 is just really niceMark21 is just really niceMark21 is just really niceMark21 is just really nice
 Mark21 is offline Status: Offline

pawsome ! thanks first post ! i rated this five stars!
Old 05-16-2009, 06:00 AM
PawsomeGirl
Trading Teddy

PawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond reputePawsomeGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I cant wait to see your results.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:01 AM
KatherineBalletSlippers2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: KatherineBalletSlippers2

KatherineBalletSlippers2 has a spectacular aura aboutKatherineBalletSlippers2 has a spectacular aura aboutKatherineBalletSlippers2 has a spectacular aura about
 KatherineBalletSlippers2 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the guide can you make it using Paint.Net?
Old 05-16-2009, 06:05 AM
PawsomeGirl
Trading Teddy

I dont know, I have never tried.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:05 AM
KatherineBalletSlippers2
Trading Teddy

KatherineBalletSlippers2 has a spectacular aura aboutKatherineBalletSlippers2 has a spectacular aura aboutKatherineBalletSlippers2 has a spectacular aura about

Oh OK what is this programme?
Old 05-16-2009, 06:15 AM
PawsomeGirl
Trading Teddy

GIMP, the newest version. If you read it, you would know.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:31 AM
TiaraSoStylin
Banned

TiaraSoStylin is on a distinguished road
 TiaraSoStylin is offline Status: Offline

I'm going to make it soon!
Old 05-16-2009, 06:38 AM
PawsomeGirl
Trading Teddy

Awesome, please share your results.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:40 AM
KatherineBalletSlippers2
Trading Teddy

OK I don't have that
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
kath is miley's#1fan!