BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Tessa
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: TessaPopstar3

Tessa is on a distinguished road
 Tessa is offline Status: Offline
Default Unanswered: Re-birthing question

This isn't really a technical question, but I still need some help!

For all blog members that work at BABW-

Are you still letting people come in and make new birth certificates? The last two times I've tried at my store the first time they said that when people use them for the game, it is considered cheating. (so obviously I felt guilty and didn't do it) and the second time they said they are no longer allowing birth-certificate reprints. Is this happening at all BABW's? I have 32 build-a-bears, and up until now I was reprinting a couple each time I went so I could eventually have all of my bears that I actually have accounted for on the game. So what's the deal? Is it no longer allowed?
Old 08-23-2008, 03:35 AM
adrianna234
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AdriannaSprinkles3

adrianna234 is on a distinguished road
 adrianna234 is offline Status: Offline

Er.. I am not a babw employee but I have never gotten a furry friend from a babw store in person so I hope not but I really don't get the purpose of rebirthing I am a bit confused..
Old 08-23-2008, 04:45 AM
Freya
Founder
BABV Name: FreyaFullofHugs

Freya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the rough
 Freya is offline Status: Offline

Tessa, I know that all of the stores are not consistent (or perhaps their timing for implementing changes to the policy are different if there was a change in policy). It appears that MindStormGuy has an update that he will post.

I do know however, from my local store manager, that the official policy/program was to allow those with old bears to bring them in and get a welcome pass. That is also written in the FAQ from the Buildabearville home page http://www.buildabearville.com/faq.aspx

How do I bring my Build-A-Bear Workshop furry friend to life online?

Once you're registered in the world, head over to the virtual Build-A-Bear Workshop store to bring your furry friends to life. Go to the Take Me Home station and chat with the virtual Bear Builder® associate. When you enter your animal ID & key code from your birth certificate from your furry friend made in a Build-A-Bear Workshop store after October 2007 you will see your furry friend's name and birth date! Or, enter the animal web code printed on your Welcome Pass and select your furry friend from the on-screen menu. Your furry friend will jump into the cool virtual backpack you receive and you are ready to explore the world together.

Last edited by Freya; 08-23-2008 at 06:45 AM.. Reason: updated after MindStormGuy post
Old 08-23-2008, 08:45 AM
sarahbear371
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: sarahbear371

sarahbear371 will become famous soon enough
 sarahbear371 is offline Status: Offline

I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but the people at my BABW said that welcome passes now give you your animals rare item and an animal adventure. My friend got a welcome pass and it gave her stuff, but it went away after a couple days.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Mindstormguy27
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Phoenixgutiarhero

Mindstormguy27 is on a distinguished road
 Mindstormguy27 is offline Status: Offline

Rebirthing is a trem meaning, If or when you go to BABW you can give them your old BABW birth certificate before october 1,2007 and renew it so that you can do the quests, obtain the goodies that come with the bear, and so on. It's way more better then getting a welcome pass so it encourges kids to go to BABW and BABV. A welcome pass's purpose now is for kids who can't afford or can't buy a furry freind but you don't get the goodie which is ok but some of us love psi's like me so yeah the goodies are good. That is what rebirthing is.

Last edited by Freya; 08-23-2008 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: tried the thesaurus for trem, nothing comes up
Old 08-23-2008, 11:16 AM
starbit
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MeghanHoneyBear1

starbit will become famous soon enoughstarbit will become famous soon enough
 starbit is offline Status: Offline

I went to BABW about a week ago and I had to explain the rebirthing process to to them. Eventually they let me do it and it worked how it was suppose to. Don't listen to the workers if they don't let you just keep asking. And if that doesn't work then you should email Maxine and see if she can do anything about it. I asked her to help me and she was very nice. I am sure she will be able to help you if her workers can't.

When I rebirthed my bears they didn't ask me to show them a certificate or anything. So I am not sure if you will have to show them anything or not.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:23 AM
KerriNoodles
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: KerriNoodles

KerriNoodles is on a distinguished road
 KerriNoodles is offline Status: Offline

I know for a fact my store does not care. We have not had many people come in and ask, but we ALWAYS allow people to make new certificates. I don't see the big deal...

I rebirthed most of my bears.

-Kerri
Old 08-23-2008, 11:25 AM
MelindaSnowflake2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MelindaSnowflake2

MelindaSnowflake2 will become famous soon enoughMelindaSnowflake2 will become famous soon enough
 MelindaSnowflake2 is offline Status: Offline

When I went to get my animal rebirthed, the lady seemed quite confused. She gave me a welcome pass. I told her that we don't get the reward with the pass, and she was like, "But the old animals don't have codes." And I was like, "Yes.... this is why I want to print a new one so that I will get a code..." This went on for about five minutes and then she got the point. She was trying to be helpful; she just didn't understand me.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:28 AM
starbit
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MeghanHoneyBear1

starbit will become famous soon enoughstarbit will become famous soon enough
 starbit is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by MelindaSnowflake2
When I went to get my animal rebirthed, the lady seemed quite confused. She gave me a welcome pass. I told her that we don't get the reward with the pass, and she was like, "But the old animals don't have codes." And I was like, "Yes.... this is why I want to print a new one so that I will get a code..." This went on for about five minutes and then she got the point. She was trying to be helpful; she just didn't understand me.
I think that is about what happened at the store I went to but teh lady thought you got everything from a welcome pass that you do from buying a bear!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:48 AM
karenbearhug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: karenbearhug

karenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond reputekarenbearhug has a reputation beyond repute
 karenbearhug is offline Status: Offline

I know that different stores handle the situation differently. Like Freya quoted, old animals are brought to life with a welcome pass. Now, that being said - there are stores that allow you to rebirth. If a store allows you to rebirth an animal, they are doing so as a courtesy to you. If the store does not allow you to rebirth, please do not continue to harrass them about it, they are following company policies. My store does allow guests to rebirth, but we prefer to have you bring your animal with you to show that you have it.

Lastly, please keep in mind that it is not required for BABW workers to be active on BABV. Those of us who do choose to keep involved with BABV are doing so as a courtesy to our guests.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT