BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Yikes! I need help!! > Guides & How-to's

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2009, 12:36 PM
BrandonSeaShell6
Trading Teddy

BrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to all
 BrandonSeaShell6 is offline Status: Offline
Lightbulb How To Create A Drop Shadow Effect Using Paint.NET

Hello BI Members! Some Of You May Have Wondered "How Can I Create A Drop Shadow In Paint.NET"?
So I Decided To Post A Guide!

1. Getting Started
Open up Paint.NET. Use the magic wand tool Click the image to open in full size. and click on the canvas. After that press the cut key Click the image to open in full size. to make the background transparent.
Before Cut
Click the image to open in full size.

After Cut

2. Adding Text
Click on the text tool Click the image to open in full size. and choose your font, text size and color. Once you have chose everything, click in the middle of the canvas and type whatever you want your siggie/avvie to say. I'll use a siggie since it's simpler.

3. Adding A New Layer
Click the magic wand tool
Click the image to open in full size. and set the tolerance level to 100% Click the image to open in full size.. Click the canvas and copy it by pressing CTRL + C on your keyboard. Click on the add new layer button in the layers section. Once layer 2 has been added paste what you copied into layer 2 by pressing CTRL + V on your keyboard. After that click on the checkmark next to layer 2 to where it is no longer visible.

4. Creating The Drop Shadow Effect
You should be on the background layer, if not click on it in the layers section. Go to adjustments, black and white. After that go to effects, blurs, "Gaussian Blur". Set the radius level to 6 or 8 then press OK.

5. Final Steps
Click where the checkmark was on layer 2 in the layers section. Now crop your image by using the rectangle select tool Click the image to open in full size.. After you highlighted what you wanted, press CTRL + Shift + X to make it the size you highlighted. Save your image by pessing CTRL + S and be sure to save it as PNG file, so it comes out clear. Now two boxes will pop up. Say "OK" for the first one and "Flatten" for the second one.

Now you have . . . . . .

Last edited by BrandonSeaShell6; 07-04-2009 at 02:00 PM..
Old 07-04-2009, 12:40 PM
KatherineBalletSlippers2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: KatherineBalletSlippers2

KatherineBalletSlippers2 has a spectacular aura aboutKatherineBalletSlippers2 has a spectacular aura aboutKatherineBalletSlippers2 has a spectacular aura about
 KatherineBalletSlippers2 is offline Status: Offline

THANKS SO MUCH I needed this help so bad!!!!! But I can't give you a Rep point because I already have and it won't let me!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:41 PM
BrandonSeaShell6
Trading Teddy

BrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to allBrandonSeaShell6 is a name known to all

No problem!
And it's ok!
Old 07-04-2009, 12:47 PM
AbbiFlyer
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AbbiFlyer

AbbiFlyer has a spectacular aura aboutAbbiFlyer has a spectacular aura about
 AbbiFlyer is offline Status: Offline

Thanks ! I'll try it when I go on my computer.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:49 PM
LuvNStuff
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MarykateCityStyle3

LuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to allLuvNStuff is a name known to all
 LuvNStuff is offline Status: Offline

Awesome! rep point!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:27 PM
bellacapricorn40
Trading Teddy

bellacapricorn40 is a jewel in the roughbellacapricorn40 is a jewel in the roughbellacapricorn40 is a jewel in the roughbellacapricorn40 is a jewel in the rough
 bellacapricorn40 is offline Status: Offline

thanks this is a great guide brandon
Old 07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
GabriellaBallerina
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: GabriellaBallerina89

GabriellaBallerina is a glorious beacon of lightGabriellaBallerina is a glorious beacon of lightGabriellaBallerina is a glorious beacon of lightGabriellaBallerina is a glorious beacon of lightGabriellaBallerina is a glorious beacon of light
 GabriellaBallerina is offline Status: Offline

Wow! Great guide!
I'm sure alot of people will appreciate this!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:33 PM
BrandonSeaShell6
Trading Teddy

Thanks Gabriella!
I hope that it does!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:35 PM
MaryRockStar56
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: mehhree.

MaryRockStar56 will become famous soon enoughMaryRockStar56 will become famous soon enough
 MaryRockStar56 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks Brandon!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:43 PM
ClarissaDiva10
Polar Bear
BABV Name: i got hacked so bye c:

ClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant futureClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant futureClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant futureClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant futureClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant futureClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant futureClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant futureClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant futureClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant futureClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant futureClarissaDiva10 has a brilliant future
 ClarissaDiva10 is offline Status: Offline

AWESOME guide!!!!!sometimes GIMP's drop shadow gets complicated,now i know!
Rated 5 Stars!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
amazing guide!, panda waz here