BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2009, 12:16 AM
Globuggy89
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Globuggy89

Globuggy89 is on a distinguished road
 Globuggy89 is offline Status: Offline
Default Points

Wouldn't it be cool if you earned the amount of bearbills as points in games? Example: In Bear-2-bear baseball If you get a homerun, you get 1000 points, what if you got 1000 bearbills?
People would be very rich.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Tennis
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Rocks an Tennis =)

Tennis is on a distinguished road
 Tennis is offline Status: Offline

I'm not a CyBearGuide, but I'll tell you what I think. (IDK if it's allowed in this section... )

The economy in BABV is almost the same as the economy in the real world.
If there is too much money floating around (people getting tons of money and spending it constantly), the value of the basic coin (a Bearbill in this case) becomes less. After all, there is just sooo much money, so one Bearbill just doesn't mean as much anymore.

So, what do the stores do? If Bearbills were appropriated in large sums every time you played a game, the Pawlette Coufur, the Bear Stuff, etc would all raise their prices to compensate.

You have to play the Skateboarding game on BABV an average of three times to earn enough Bearbills to purchase one top at the Pawlette Coufur. So, if Pawlette wanted to keep it at that average, she would raise the price. A person could get 10,000 points in one game, so she would raise the price to 30,000 Bearbills!

Now, Maxine and the other people who run BABV could do this. There is not an issue with tops costing 30,000 Bearbills. But, if they did that, everything would become awfully confusing.
(Not to mention unrealistic; can you imagine carrying 30,000 Bearbills in your purse? )

So, overall, I think it's wiser to keep the Bearbill count where it is now, don't you? Besides, even if the prices did stay where they are now, it would not be very fun to have everything you want right when you want it. It's a sense of accomplishment (the accomplishment of getting all those Bearbills) that makes people even want the things at the stores in BABV.

(Sorry if this is a little jumbled, confusing, wordy, or bossy; I didn't mean it in any of those ways. )

Last edited by Tennis; 07-30-2009 at 07:53 PM..
Old 07-30-2009, 04:39 PM
nikkipurrincess28
Polar Bear
BABV Name: ^ Look up!!! :D ^

nikkipurrincess28 is on a distinguished road
 nikkipurrincess28 is offline Status: Offline

I agree with you, Tennis. The value of those little things will just get higher if everyone made 30,000 BBs with maybe 2 or 3 games. so they will just keep making the prices higher and higher.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:43 PM
olops
Sage Bear
BABV Name: nikkibanana

olops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to behold
 olops is offline Status: Offline

that would be cool, but i would agree with tennis mostly, i mean really, economy? its just a game.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:51 PM
KirstenCyBearGuide
BABV CyBearGuide
BABV Name: KirstenCyBearGuide

KirstenCyBearGuide will become famous soon enough
 KirstenCyBearGuide is offline Status: Offline

@ Tennis: You nailed it! Thanks for helping out.

-Kirsten CyBearGuide-
Old 07-30-2009, 04:59 PM
shaenysmom
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: shayyourock2

shaenysmom will become famous soon enoughshaenysmom will become famous soon enough
 shaenysmom is offline Status: Offline

I agree with tennis if everyone got more money on games the prices would be more and the bearville outfiiters items instead of lik 1-5 for the prices if you have like 30,000 credits the things would cost like 100 credits same for pawlettes shop too.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:06 PM
PriscillaBallerina31
Sage Bear
BABV Name: PriscillaBallerina31

PriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond repute
 PriscillaBallerina31 is offline Status: Offline

yes i agree with you about the value of bear bills are like the value of money kind of that is why when you buy an outfit at bvo it is like 1 credit but a ride is 10 credits and a beach house is more money too.
It is like in real life if I buy a pair of jeans for 30.00 and a house costs over 100,000.00 or a new car in real life is probably 30,000.00 right?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
scoodi
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SabrinaScooter

scoodi will become famous soon enough
 scoodi is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by olops
that would be cool, but i would agree with tennis mostly, i mean really, economy? its just a game.
Even though it's a game, it's got its own in-game economy. Anything, anything, where you have to earn and spend money has like it's own economy. The more money people make, the more expensive things are. That's how the prices have to get decided.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Omgitsher
Polar Bear
BABV Name: laurenleo99

Omgitsher is on a distinguished road
 Omgitsher is offline Status: Offline
Wink

View Post Originally Posted by scoodi
Even though it's a game, it's got its own in-game economy. Anything, anything, where you have to earn and spend money has like it's own economy. The more money people make, the more expensive things are. That's how the prices have to get decided.

Really good point, But it does make you feel good earning the bearbills although we would all like a few boosts like codes its still teaching you so you are ready for the real world.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT