BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > The Red Carpet! Your first stop! > Yikes! I need help!! > Guides & How-to's

Old 09-05-2008, 07:20 AM
Justin
Owner
BABV Name: JustinOuterSpace

Justin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the rough
 Justin is offline Status: Offline
Lightbulb GUIDE/HOWTO/TUTORIAL: Adding your signature images

Hey everyone, I know that quite a few people have been having trouble with the signature images, so here's a picture guide on both ways to add signatures to the forum!

Step 1 - Find the picture you want!
The picture can be one that you already have on your computer or one that has been generated by something like Glitterfly. Once you have decided on the image you want, you can save it to your computer (Red Option) or copy and paste the URL address (Blue Option)
Click the image to open in full size.

Step 2 - Enter your UserCP
Just click this button at the top of the forum.

Step 3 - Go to the Edit Signature Area
Scroll down in your UserCP and about 3/4 of the way down, click on "Edit Signature"

Step 4 - Add the image to the forum (Image on your computer)
If you created the image yourself, or decided to download the image to your computer, then you'll want to click button #1 (Choose File) to select the image from your computer. Then, click button #2 (Upload) in order to upload the image from your computer to the forum.

Step 4 - Add the image to the forum (Copied Web Address for Image)
If you copied the address for the image from a signature generator or some other website, just paste it into the box circled in blue. Make sure that you don't use the [IMG] tags around the web address, it should look something like the address in the box below.

Step 5 - Insert the image
If you want to enter some text in your signature, type it in the editing window above where you just added your image information. Once you are done typing (or if you don't want to type anything), click the "Insert Signature Picture" link, circled below.

Step 6 - Preview your signature
Just to make sure it all looks like you want it to, click the "Preview Signature" link to test it all out.

This small section will show up above the text editing window. If you want to change things, just edit the words in the text edit window, or change the image by repeating the steps above.

Step 7 - One more click!
You're almost done. Now that you're happy with the way it looks in the preview window, just click "Save Signature" and you're all set!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 AM
sophiesosweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: sophiesosweet

sophiesosweet is on a distinguished road
 sophiesosweet is offline Status: Offline

I still don't know how to add mine which is a short clip :?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:02 PM
MiraMusicMaker
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MiraMusicMaker

MiraMusicMaker is on a distinguished road
 MiraMusicMaker is offline Status: Offline

Thank-you, Justin. That's a very easy guide to follow.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:42 PM
SelenaSkater28
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: → SelenaSkater28 ←

SelenaSkater28 has a spectacular aura aboutSelenaSkater28 has a spectacular aura about
 SelenaSkater28 is offline Status: Offline

Can your signature be animated???? If so how do you put it because when I tried putting the BB code from Glitterfy in the big white box it just showed the link. I was trying to put in the animated words.

Last edited by SelenaSkater28; 09-05-2008 at 01:50 PM..
Old 09-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Justin
Owner

Justin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the roughJustin is a jewel in the rough

View Post Originally Posted by SelenaSkater28
Can your signature be animated???? If so how do you put it because when I tried putting the BB code from Glitterfy in the big white box it just showed the link. I was trying to put in the animated words.
Yep, it can.. but remember to remove the surrounding [IMG] and [/IMG] that are in the BB Code because it needs a real URL (like what you would type into your web-browser at the top to go to a site...) to get the picture from
Old 09-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Babv#1Fan!
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AbbieAllHeart1238/A'bee

Babv#1Fan! is on a distinguished road
 Babv#1Fan! is offline Status: Offline

i did the turtuoal and it worked great! but just to ask, why is the picture so small in my sig?

Big Bear Hugs,
Abbie!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Justin
Owner

View Post Originally Posted by Babv#1Fan!
i did the turtuoal and it worked great! but just to ask, why is the picture so small in my sig?

Big Bear Hugs,
Abbie!
That's part of the re-sizing... Signature images can only be 450x150 pixels.. So if you have an image that is say.... 800x600, the system will resize it so that both dimensions fall within it, so it'll take your 800x600 image and resize it to 200x150... but if you had an image that was 600x200, then it would resize it to 450x150, do you see?

Basically, the system allows signature images to be "wide" but not "tall"..
Old 09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Babv#1Fan!
Polar Bear
BABV Name: AbbieAllHeart1238/A'bee

Babv#1Fan! is on a distinguished road
 Babv#1Fan! is offline Status: Offline

ooooooooooooo. and what happened to my animation in my sig? it doesn't work..
Old 09-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Justin
Owner

View Post Originally Posted by Babv#1Fan!
ooooooooooooo. and what happened to my animation in my sig? it doesn't work..
Hmmm... One of the drawbacks (I think, I don't know much about the resizing program) is that if it has to resize them, it might break the animation.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:51 PM
frenchtoast
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: alyfullofhugs

frenchtoast is a name known to allfrenchtoast is a name known to allfrenchtoast is a name known to allfrenchtoast is a name known to allfrenchtoast is a name known to allfrenchtoast is a name known to all
 frenchtoast is offline Status: Offline

Hmm...I am still confused. Can't you just print/screen your picture and then upload it and paste it on?
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
add signature image, edit signature, signature, signature tutorial, tutorial