BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2008, 11:00 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Faithballetbear5

FaithBalletBear5 will become famous soon enough
 FaithBalletBear5 is offline Status: Offline
Default Rebirthing and New Certificates

If you want to be able to get the items for old bears you need to go to your local BABW and ask to make a new gift certificate. We did this with 3 old bears that no longer even have the certificates. That is the only way you will be able to get the item.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:07 AM
AmieVerySweet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AmieVerySweet

AmieVerySweet is on a distinguished road
 AmieVerySweet is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by FaithBalletBear5
If you want to be able to get the items for old bears you need to go to your local BABW and ask to make a new gift certificate. We did this with 3 old bears that no longer even have the certificates. That is the only way you will be able to get the item.

We went today with 3 old animals and asked to make the new certificates. They printed out the 3 new ones but this time there weren't any codes on them. We were there last week and reprinted 3 certificates and they had the two codes on all of them so we could enter them online. We got the prize and wallpaper with the codes just last week. The certificates today said "Start a new adventure in our world stuffed with fun! Use the animal id and key code below to register this friend today................online and play together". Just like the ones from last week, but the spot that is supposed to say animal id and keycode is just blank. I wonder if it is changed at all locations or if today was just bad luck. If anyone knows please let me know.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:40 AM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

Maybe it was just a glitch. I would call the store and ask about it. (of course not right now though it is 12:39! Why am I still on here! )
Old 06-09-2008, 12:44 AM
princessbunny
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BriaDiva3

princessbunny has disabled reputation
 princessbunny is offline Status: Offline

My eldest today refluffed and rebirthed a 7 year old retriever and all the codes were there. So I am sure it was a glitch you need to talk them.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Sarah
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SarahBearish

Sarah is on a distinguished road
 Sarah is offline Status: Offline

can you just bring in old birth certificates and get new ones?

oh and faith i think you may have the "just one more thread" syndrome
(very common among the people that are obsessed about babv(like me))
Old 06-09-2008, 12:53 AM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by Sarah
can you just bring in old birth certificates and get new ones?

oh and faith i think you may have the "just one more thread" syndrome
(very common among the people that are obsessed about babv(like me))
It all depends on the people who work at your local store. I know others have had the experience where the staff either acts like they have know idea what you are talking about or that it can't be done, but we went not even planning to do the rebirth. While we were there on my oldest's birthday, I remembered that I had wanted to ask about doing it. The staff gave us the new certificates even though we had no proof that we actually had the bears. She came to me with a stack of tags (you know the blank ones with bar codes) and said how many do you need. We were honest and only got the three we needed. They were very helpful about the whole process.

And you've got that right about the "just one more thread". I'll use the excuse that I need to be on because I'm moderating, but that is just an excuse.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:37 PM
AlyssaLuv2Read9
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Alyssaluv2read9 and 3 others

AlyssaLuv2Read9 is on a distinguished road
 AlyssaLuv2Read9 is offline Status: Offline

I have a question... Does the rebirthing work on the very old BABs? Like, the first ever ones at the store when it opened? I remember going and stuffing a bear back then and I'd love to put her on my BABV account.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:39 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy

I'm not sure. That is a really good question. My only advice would be to ask the next time you go. Our first bear was only one year older than the gaming site, so I wouldn't have a good answer for the older bears. Lets see if anyone else knows.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:06 PM
nicholeballerina12
Polar Bear
BABV Name: nicholeballerina12

nicholeballerina12 is on a distinguished road
 nicholeballerina12 is offline Status: Offline

AimeVerySweet:

If you can go to another BABW try going and ask again to make certificates, because where I live, they were very nice and sweet and they gave me 4 bar codes to make 4 birth certificates for 4 old furry friends. They didn't even ask questions.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
nicholeballerina12
Polar Bear
BABV Name: nicholeballerina12

nicholeballerina12 is on a distinguished road
 nicholeballerina12 is offline Status: Offline

Be very careful if you buy an unstuffed bear. This happened to me last week. I bought an unstuffed bear, new with all it's tags over the internet. They said to me that I could take it to any BABW and they would stuff it and make the certificate for free.

When I went to the store, they stuffed it, but they told me that next time I needed to show the purchase receipt. I said I had it from the site I bought the bear. And they said to me that was no good because there had happened before that those were stolen bears. This bear I bought came with all the tags and even the outfit that goes with it with all it's tags and it is brand new. They were very nice and stuffed my bear and made a certificate and everything, but they let me know this.

If anyone, has had the same experience, I would like to know.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT