BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 AM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline
Default Unanswered: Shipping costs?

I live quite a way away from the nearest BABW, and I'm planning to get a Pawsome Panda. While looking through the outfits in the online store, I thought it'd be neat to get it a Cheong-sam to wear (Pandas come from China, after all), and figured I'd order it online just in case they didn't have it in the store. Fifteen dollars isn't too bad, and when I got to the first page where I entered my shipping information, it said shipping would be $5 -- also reasonable. But then on the next page, it told me that shipping would be $32.50!

Does anyone know if this is a glitch, or I entered something wrong? I just think it's unreasonable to pay over twice the cost of the item on shipping alone.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:12 PM
HopeBear162
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: HopeBear162

HopeBear162 is on a distinguished road
 HopeBear162 is offline Status: Offline

Nope, those are real fee's
I to payed that much shipping. To ship to us in canada it all comes from their department in I think texas, and they use really fancy shipping (Literally like NEXT DAY shipping)

You may be able to find some coupon codes for 5$ off if you want, they are at retailmenot.com

Very sorry
Old 09-14-2008, 12:17 PM
momma501
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BrandieBearyLoved

momma501 is on a distinguished road
 momma501 is offline Status: Offline

I think you may have clicked a faster shipping than you intended to? Here's the shipping rates from the online store:

http://www.buildabear.com/aboutUs/Gu...hpdr=tabs_shop

I don't see anything close to $32.50 unless you selected next day Fed-Ex.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:32 PM
MollyFlyer
BABV Name: MollyFlyer

MollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant futureMollyFlyer has a brilliant future
 MollyFlyer is offline Status: Offline

Heh, that's the US store -- it looks like they'll charge whatever they want to Canadians.

Yeah, went through the process again . . . standard shipping is $32. Expedited is $139.

For one outfit.

It would be nice if they had a deal like with Amazon, where if you spend over a certain amount then the shipping is free. It makes me more likely to order a lot of stuff from Amazon at once -- if BABW did this, then people would be spending the money that would otherwise just go to shipping.

Last edited by JessBearHug; 09-14-2008 at 11:20 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 12:54 PM
HopeBear162
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: HopeBear162

HopeBear162 is on a distinguished road
 HopeBear162 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by momma501
I think you may have clicked a faster shipping than you intended to? Here's the shipping rates from the online store:

http://www.buildabear.com/aboutUs/Gu...hpdr=tabs_shop

I don't see anything close to $32.50 unless you selected next day Fed-Ex.
That is for US
Old 09-15-2008, 07:35 AM
AmandaBearLove
Banned
BABV Name: AmandaBearDiva200

AmandaBearLove will become famous soon enoughAmandaBearLove will become famous soon enough
 AmandaBearLove is offline Status: Offline

She is right. The shipping fees to Canada are waaayy more than they are shipping to the US. I think that may be because their warehouse is located in the US and they ship either UPS Ground or Express, but it also includes all custom and clearance fees.

Canada Spirit Teddy ended up costing almost $50 and that includes shipping PST and GST taxes. It would only have cost my brother less than $20 if he wasn't too lazy to go into the store which is only 20 minutes away from his house.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Gia2Hip35
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Gia2Hip35

Gia2Hip35 is on a distinguished road
 Gia2Hip35 is offline Status: Offline

Any country any way! Shipping is costly! One time, I was buyig this one thing of tassels for like 10 dolars but shipping was like $14!!!!! It was so wierd!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
DaisyHappyHugs2
Polar Bear
BABV Name: DaisyHappyHugs2

DaisyHappyHugs2 is on a distinguished road
 DaisyHappyHugs2 is offline Status: Offline

That seems very expensive to Canada. I live in Ireland and always buy online on the us store. Shipping to europe is 25 dollars for one bear and up to 8 items. I would have thought Canada would be the same if not cheaper? Mail babw and ask them.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT