BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2008, 05:27 PM
MaliaSunny
Polar Bear
BABV Name: MaliaSunny

MaliaSunny is on a distinguished road
 MaliaSunny is offline Status: Offline
Exclamation Scam warning

Beware of someone suddenly saying "Oh wait I forgot to add something" or "Can I change something real quick?...please!..hurry!" or something like that during trading.

The scam is that once you click the check-mark so they can "change something" before you get a chance to add something you want of theirs, they take your loot and run.

I've had several people try that on me recently so I just wanted to send out the warning so nobody gets scammed.

Also note: Never Ever Ever give your login name and password - no matter what they promise or anybody offers! If they ask for a password it is a scam!! Freya

Last edited by Freya; 10-01-2008 at 07:53 AM..
Old 09-14-2008, 05:40 PM
MelindaSnowflake2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: MelindaSnowflake2

MelindaSnowflake2 will become famous soon enoughMelindaSnowflake2 will become famous soon enough
 MelindaSnowflake2 is offline Status: Offline

Here are some more helpful notes for not getting scammed:

1. Remember, if the trade does not look the way it is supposed to look before you press the check mark, don't click it. If a person says, "I'll add this after" or "Oh, I'm wearing my tiara and I'll give that to you too," tell them to add it now. It's a lot safer for you.

2. NEVER trade in bear mail. It's way too unpredictable. Sometimes items won't send, or the mail won't send at all. (I've had both happen to me before.)

3. Never trade items for party invites. More than half the time, the person doesn't even have a party room.

4. If you don't know what an item is, don't give up anything rare for it. I almost traded rare for Bearemy running shoes the first day of the fitness giveaway, but since I didn't know what they were, I decided not to trade.

5. If a person is promising codes in exchange for items, ask for the code first and give the gift next. I was trading with a girl once, and she said she was going to give me a code for a baseball shirt. I told her I'd give her a rare item if the code worked. She told me a code, and then put up two rare items of mine. I said I had to see if the code worked first, and she said, "No fair!" and left. (The code didn't work.) So most of the time, they are just making the codes up.
BUT, I highly discourage giving rare items for codes in the first place.

Last edited by MelindaSnowflake2; 09-23-2008 at 06:20 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
MaryLuv2Sing
Polar Bear
BABV Name: MaryLuv2Sing5

MaryLuv2Sing will become famous soon enough
 MaryLuv2Sing is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the warning!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:43 PM
frenchtoast
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: alyfullofhugs

frenchtoast is a name known to allfrenchtoast is a name known to allfrenchtoast is a name known to allfrenchtoast is a name known to allfrenchtoast is a name known to allfrenchtoast is a name known to all
 frenchtoast is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the tip! I know some people says like I have to change somethiing. It is like really annoying. I wish they didn't scam us.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:12 PM
SelenaSkater28
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: → SelenaSkater28 ←

SelenaSkater28 has a spectacular aura aboutSelenaSkater28 has a spectacular aura about
 SelenaSkater28 is offline Status: Offline

Yeah that happened to me too like a couple of times. People say they have a party room so I give them one of my items and it turns out they have NO party room. That happened to me couple times. Once this girl said she would give me a code for an Eskimo Jacket so I traded with her (I didn't know the Eskimo Jacket came from the Husky before) and I gave her my soccer outfit and the code didn't work. When I registered my Lil Honey Cub (when I registered it said furry choice and picked the velvet bear) I traded the PSI which was a Velvet Jacket for something I think that I could buy!!!! But I got it back. So thanks for this guide!!!

Last edited by SelenaSkater28; 09-14-2008 at 08:56 PM..
Old 09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Dianagirlsrock
Sage Bear
BABV Name: Dianagirlsrock

Dianagirlsrock has a spectacular aura aboutDianagirlsrock has a spectacular aura aboutDianagirlsrock has a spectacular aura about
 Dianagirlsrock is offline Status: Offline

i saw people that sya let me see how they look on me first and then run.......
Old 09-14-2008, 07:52 PM
abigailsosweet8
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AbigailSoSweet8

abigailsosweet8 is on a distinguished road
 abigailsosweet8 is offline Status: Offline

people try that on me i don't fall for it
Old 09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
peacebear
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Meccasosweet

peacebear is on a distinguished road
 peacebear is offline Status: Offline
Cool Please just let me Borrow

Hello Everyone,

Many people have played nice and asked to be BFF so then your excited to get a new friend then they start asking to borrow you items. A part of you feels bad to say no but more than likely you will never see that item again in your my stuff. So be strong and just say no to borrowing, better safe than sorry.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:56 PM
kittycat9490
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SamanthaSeptember3

kittycat9490 is on a distinguished road
 kittycat9490 is offline Status: Offline

Yes, beware of those people. I've had many people who come up and say they have a party room and they'll give you an invite if they choose any item. I always say i'll be right back so i can check. You know they're scamming first if they run away when you say you're checking, and obviously if they don't have the party room button. People who borrow stuff you shouldn't trust either. Not all people are bad but its better to be safe then sorry
Old 09-15-2008, 04:26 PM
kelleysunshine
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: KelleySunshine

kelleysunshine will become famous soon enough
 kelleysunshine is offline Status: Offline

These are all very good tips. We have discussed before about being very careful when trading. Do not give someone an item if they ask to borrow the item. They of course will never return it. Use extreme caution when trading through bear mail, only bear mail people you know very well and trust. Even people on your "friend" list may try to take advantage of your kindness. It is sad that we have to post comments like this. Let us all remember that BABV is a game for our enjoyment and not there for us to take advantage of people and play unfairly. Let's help each other out. Be kind and play nice. and encourage others to do the same.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT