BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline
Default Stuff Fur Stuff

I am signed up for the stuff fur stuff membership, and have been for years. I havn't been getting babw updates, or the code things by mail or email for quite some time now. I am looking at my card right now, and on it is our #. It's not like we can just drive 40 minutes to babw to 'reapply' or something. Do we have to?

Last edited by BriniGirl; 10-30-2009 at 08:52 AM..
Old 10-30-2009, 10:53 AM
JoeCyBearGuide
BABV CyBearGuide
BABV Name: JoeCyBearGuide

JoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant future
 JoeCyBearGuide is offline Status: Offline

Have you registered your card online and signed up for their mailing list? You don't have to go to the store to this. You can do this all online.

Click this to go to their site: Stuff Fur Stuff Club

Old 10-30-2009, 11:11 AM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JessBearHug

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light
 JessBearHug is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by JoeCyBearGuide
Have you registered your card online and signed up for their mailing list? You don't have to go to the store to this. You can do this all online.

Click this to go to their site: Stuff Fur Stuff Club

I've been through the whole routine myself, Joe, so I understand the frustration everyone is feeling.

We do not live near BABW. It's at least an hour drive each way. We do try to go once a month, every 6 weeks or so.

Every single animal is registered and we always do the whole update and check for mailings, etc.

We are a Stuff member and do check and update that info. We get the Stuff certificates in email and that's it.

I have called.

I have written to the online contact.

I have emailed.

Yet, we do not get the special emails with codes or the Jonas invite and we no longer get US catalogs when others say they got them.

I would say that someone is stealing our US mail, but they are certainly not stealing our email with a code in them.

So I would say that the problem is somewhere within the workings of the BABW system because I have read many many threads such as this on this forum and I really think that BABW needs to have someone check the system.

There are Too many frustrated members so the problem can not be with the members' emails.

The locker code was received by very few and now, very few have reported receiving the mask code.

We bought a Disney animal and still did not receive the Jonas invite. I'm sure the lack of Jones emails must have cut down on the number of people going to the event, because every shopper is not a member of a forum and would not know about it.

Joe, perhaps you can make them aware of these matters. Like I said, I have tried. I called, I emailed, I filled out the online contact.

There are too many people involved for this to just be a minor glitch.

Thank you for letting us express our frustrations.

I also want to say that we went to BABW last Sunday and my daughter will not be going again this weekend, so not receiving the code, she is NOT getting the mask. Just doesn't seem quite right.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 AM
blueskies16
Polar Bear
BABV Name: NancyMusicMaker3 has vanished

blueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura about
 blueskies16 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by JessBearHug
I've been through the whole routine myself, Joe, so I understand the frustration everyone is feeling.

We do not live near BABW. It's at least an hour drive each way. We do try to go once a month, every 6 weeks or so.

Every single animal is registered and we always do the whole update and check for mailings, etc.

We are a Stuff member and do check and update that info. We get the Stuff certificates in email and that's it.

I have called.

I have written to the online contact.

I have emailed.

Yet, we do not get the special emails with codes or the Jonas invite and we no longer get US catalogs when others say they got them.

[snipped for brevity]

Jess, we have the very same frustrations here. I have done all that you described above, and to date we have received only one thing, a single catalog, the one with the love-hugs-peace banner code. No other codes, no e-mails regarding special events, nothing. My daughter doesn't understand why that is, and neither do I.

Even after I called BABW and the representative put my information in herself, still nothing.

I am beginning to wonder if being a regular, faithful BABW customer actually lessens your chances of receiving these things. After all, if you already shop there often, either in the store or online, they don't need to chase after you with incentives to purchase more or more often, do they?

Hoping I'm wrong ...

Our financial situation (now carrying two mortgages on one income) and our family situation (now caring for a very elderly, bedridden relative and a very active preschooler 24/7, in addition to everyone else) mean that I can seldom even get out of the house, much less take my dearest daughter to BABW and spend money on things other than necessities.

It will be interesting to see if we receive some of these offers now that our purchasing is pretty much nil.

Thanks for listening. Don't get me wrong -- we still love and appreciate BABW and BABV!!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:43 PM
JoeCyBearGuide
BABV CyBearGuide
BABV Name: JoeCyBearGuide

JoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant futureJoeCyBearGuide has a brilliant future
 JoeCyBearGuide is offline Status: Offline

I understand your frustrations, and if I only have the capability and the resources to resolve this, I would do so now. However, all I can do here on my end is to forward this issue to the people responsible for store concerns.

Don't worry though, I will notify them right away, and follow up on it whenever I can. I will update this thread as soon as i get a response from them.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:53 PM
EmilyYakityyak19
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Hmm... IDK... ↑ xD

EmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of light
 EmilyYakityyak19 is offline Status: Offline

Same with me! I've been a SFS member for quite a few years. I only got stuff my email. No catalogs or anything.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:53 PM
blueskies16
Polar Bear
BABV Name: NancyMusicMaker3 has vanished

blueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura aboutblueskies16 has a spectacular aura about
 blueskies16 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks, Joe. As Jess mentioned, it seems like what we BABV people like to call ... a glitch.

We appreciate your forwarding this to anyone who will listen and who can look into the issue.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:18 PM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JessBearHug

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light
 JessBearHug is offline Status: Offline

I understand your frustrations, and if I only have the capability and the resources to resolve this, I would do so now. However, all I can do here on my end is to forward this issue to the people responsible for store concerns.

Don't worry though, I will notify them right away, and follow up on it whenever I can. I will update this thread as soon as i get a response from them.

That is wonderful Joe! We would just like them to know that the problem is more wide-spread that the few who do call them.

Thanks for al of your help. We all appreciate it.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:21 PM
BriniGirl
Sage Bear

BriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBriniGirl has a reputation beyond repute
 BriniGirl is offline Status: Offline

It's wierd, for years, I recieved emails on bear updates and things like that, before babv opened, when it did, they all stopped. The last thing in the mail I got from them was the love. hugs. peace. banner.

I've asked my dad, he said he never said 'stop subscription' or whatever, same with my mom.

Why all of the sudden, if we are registered, and our name is in the (what would you call it,) database? Would we suddenly just stop getting everything.

I remember sometimes, in the mail, there would be coupons, that is the only time we go to babw, when we have coupons, or it's a birthday.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:53 AM
PriscillaBallerina31
Sage Bear
BABV Name: PriscillaBallerina31

PriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond reputePriscillaBallerina31 has a reputation beyond repute
 PriscillaBallerina31 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks Joe! I have had my family try everything Jess has tried contacting guest services the babw store vwhelp I get my 10.00 stuff for stuff certificates in my email but I do not get the email promotions and sometimes I do get the catalogs in the mail which really helps my mom with christmas shopping.
I am waiting to see if I will get the christmas catalog so far not.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT