BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Puffles and Penguins and Bears, Oh My!! > Coffee House

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2009, 02:35 PM
crazykrystal
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Pinkybear253

crazykrystal will become famous soon enough
 crazykrystal is offline Status: Offline
Default The Friday 13th DCT For Friday 13th November!

Wether you are superstitious or not Friday the 13th exists!
Different superstitions are:

Good Luck
Lucky to meet a black cat. Black Cats are featured on many good luck greetings cards and birthday cards in England.
Lucky to touch wood. We touch; knock on wood, to make something come true

Lucky to find a clover plant with four leaves.
White heather is lucky.

A horseshoe over the door brings good luck. But the horseshoe needs to be the right way up. The luck runs out of the horseshoe if it is upside down.Horseshoes are generally a sign of good luck and feature on many good luck cards.
On the first day of the month it is lucky to say "white rabbits, white rabbits white rabbits," before uttering your first word of the day.
Catch falling leaves in Autumn and you're have good luck. Every leaf means a lucky month next year.

Bad Luck

Unlucky to walk underneath a ladder.
Seven years bad luck to break a mirror. The superstition is supposed to have originated in ancient times, when mirrors were considered to be tools of the gods.
Unlucky to see one magpie, lucky to see two, etc..
Unlucky to spill salt. If you do, you must throw it over your shoulder to counteract the bad luck.
Unlucky to open an umbrella in doors.
The number thirteen is unlucky. Friday the thirteenth is a very unlucky day. Friday is considered to be an unlucky day because Jesus was crucified on a Friday.
Unlucky to put new shoes on the table.
Unlucky to pass someone on the stairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeping in mind that there are young children on this forum, here is the side of the 13th being LUCKY! Jess

A new survey shows people are becoming less superstitious about 'unlucky' Friday the 13th, the poll of 1,000 adults shows other superstitions are also less of a concern nowadays. In fact, three out of four questioned for a Surrey theme park said they had no intention of staying off work just because of the date.

Or maybe we should think positively, being positive could make you lucky. Being positive about anything and everything could also increase how you view and perceive things, and produce favorable results.

In fact, according to a report : Trying not to think a negative thought will result in thinking it more, Thinking is like breathing: It goes on night and day and you can’t stop it. But you can change it.

Or you should ask yourself something like this: “How can I make myself stronger and to deal with this?” Or “Can I get myself busy right now, very busy I forget all about my fears?

When you find yourself thinking negatively about something “bad” that happened, ask yourself “What’s good about this?” Or “How can I turn this to my advantage?” Ask a good question and automatically you will think positively.

Last edited by crazykrystal; 11-13-2009 at 02:36 PM..
Old 11-13-2009, 02:39 PM
JamesMagnificent2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JamesMagnificent2

JamesMagnificent2 will become famous soon enough
 JamesMagnificent2 is offline Status: Offline

Superstitous day... lol
Old 11-13-2009, 02:50 PM
ValentinaHug
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Time to move on

ValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud ofValentinaHug has much to be proud of
 ValentinaHug is offline Status: Offline

hey everyone whats up?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Elsbels
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: EleanorPawPrint 4

Elsbels has a spectacular aura aboutElsbels has a spectacular aura aboutElsbels has a spectacular aura about
 Elsbels is offline Status: Offline

hey wassup guys

"On the first day of the month it is lucky to say "white rabbits, white rabbits white rabbits," before uttering your first word of the day." I Do This And My Friend Did This Today In School "Unlucky to open an umbrella in doors.!"
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
JamesMagnificent2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JamesMagnificent2

JamesMagnificent2 will become famous soon enough
 JamesMagnificent2 is offline Status: Offline

I'm hungry lol!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Marci

Marci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant futureMarci has a brilliant future
 Marci is offline Status: Offline

Hi Ladiezz ^^
Old 11-13-2009, 03:52 PM
luv2dance13
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: yolo

luv2dance13 has a reputation beyond reputeluv2dance13 has a reputation beyond reputeluv2dance13 has a reputation beyond reputeluv2dance13 has a reputation beyond reputeluv2dance13 has a reputation beyond reputeluv2dance13 has a reputation beyond reputeluv2dance13 has a reputation beyond reputeluv2dance13 has a reputation beyond reputeluv2dance13 has a reputation beyond reputeluv2dance13 has a reputation beyond reputeluv2dance13 has a reputation beyond repute
 luv2dance13 is offline Status: Offline

Ello poppet! xD
Old 11-13-2009, 04:20 PM
marylouzippy2
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: marylouzippy2

marylouzippy2 will become famous soon enoughmarylouzippy2 will become famous soon enough
 marylouzippy2 is offline Status: Offline

Cool DCT Krystal, I am very superstitious!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:31 PM
StarrTreeHugger1
Polar Bear

StarrTreeHugger1 will become famous soon enough
 StarrTreeHugger1 is offline Status: Offline

Hi everyone XD
Old 11-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Danielle<3
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Daniellejellybear4 I'm famous

Danielle<3 will become famous soon enoughDanielle<3 will become famous soon enough
 Danielle<3 is offline Status: Offline

hey ever one how it going
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
11/13/09 hannah, 11/13/09 me ba ha ha, 11/13/09♥juliabf21[;, 13/11/09 marcii x, 1st tag, am-bear♥:03, brendanbear110 was here, cool star, cool star was here, frogs rule!!!, husky11 =], maleadancebear2 :), nikki, raise the roof yo!, starr waz here! bwahaha!, ~♥chrissiewazhere♥~