BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2009, 01:03 PM
pandyma618
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AngieArtistBear6

pandyma618 is a jewel in the roughpandyma618 is a jewel in the roughpandyma618 is a jewel in the roughpandyma618 is a jewel in the rough
 pandyma618 is offline Status: Offline
Default Internet Safety and YOU!!

Hiya Bearville Insiders

Some of our members have expressed concern about internet safety recently.

Bearville Insider is a moderated site - meaning there are adults online who have passed background checks that are watching over the forum to provide a safe, yet fun, environment.

If you have a concern, please address the staff directly, by VM or by flagging/reporting a post.

Here are few things to keep in mind:

NEVER EVER give out personal information. This is for your safety.

This means, do not give out any information that could be used to identify you, your location, your friends or your family.

Do not post photos of yourself, your home, your neighborhood, etc.
Do not share the name of your school, your school mascot, your town/city, your age, a description of yourself, etc.

Do not give out your phone number, address, or any contact information.

Never share your password with anyone! You should also change your password regularly - make it something you can remember but that no one else can guess. Use letters, numbers and symbols (@#$%^&*)

Do not visit strange sites without a parent's permission, and preferably, have a parent with you if you are going to "surf" the internet.

Your safety is our #1 concern. Please help us by protecting yourself as well.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:02 PM
PrettyPerfefect
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: KaylaLoveable86

PrettyPerfefect is a jewel in the roughPrettyPerfefect is a jewel in the roughPrettyPerfefect is a jewel in the rough
 PrettyPerfefect is offline Status: Offline

Okay, thank you pandyma!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:06 PM
EveHugs22
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: EveHugs22

EveHugs22 will become famous soon enough
 EveHugs22 is offline Status: Offline

Thank you Pandyma we should all now how to stay safe on the web becase we filled the pledge meater in town square in babv!

ps i NEVER surf the web without adult supervision
Old 11-02-2009, 02:14 PM
BobbyOBeary1
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BobbyOBeary1,LunaMoonBeam157

BobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond reputeBobbyOBeary1 has a reputation beyond repute
 BobbyOBeary1 is offline Status: Offline

Thank you for reminding us again that our safety is important to you. We appreciate the time it takes to make sure this is a safe site. Thanks to all the staff for your hard work in keeping BI a safe and fun place to be!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:20 PM
kerryyourock14
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: kerryyourock14 thats me

kerryyourock14 is on a distinguished road
 kerryyourock14 is offline Status: Offline

thanks !!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
alicecoolgirl
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Florrie :)

alicecoolgirl has much to be proud ofalicecoolgirl has much to be proud ofalicecoolgirl has much to be proud ofalicecoolgirl has much to be proud ofalicecoolgirl has much to be proud ofalicecoolgirl has much to be proud ofalicecoolgirl has much to be proud ofalicecoolgirl has much to be proud ofalicecoolgirl has much to be proud ofalicecoolgirl has much to be proud of
 alicecoolgirl is offline Status: Offline

thanks , i think intenet saftey is real important
Old 11-02-2009, 03:03 PM
randomgirl
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: CassieBear70

randomgirl will become famous soon enoughrandomgirl will become famous soon enough
 randomgirl is offline Status: Offline

Thank you for being concerned about our saftey!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Zoeyapril5007
Polar Bear
BABV Name: Zoeyapril5007

Zoeyapril5007 is on a distinguished road
 Zoeyapril5007 is offline Status: Offline

thanks very much
Old 11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
olops
Sage Bear
BABV Name: nikkibanana

olops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to beholdolops is a splendid one to behold
 olops is offline Status: Offline

Thanks for the advice
my mom took me to this one clinic or seminar or wehatever you call it, and the police showed us how they could find a kids name, parents name, street and location, and a whole ton of other personal stuff! just on a kids website!
it was really scary to see how much they could find out!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
byninthpear
Trading Teddy

byninthpear is a jewel in the roughbyninthpear is a jewel in the roughbyninthpear is a jewel in the rough
 byninthpear is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by olops
Thanks for the advice
my mom took me to this one clinic or seminar or wehatever you call it, and the police showed us how they could find a kids name, parents name, street and location, and a whole ton of other personal stuff! just on a kids website!
it was really scary to see how much they could find out!
Yeah, i saw this video on a website my teacher showed me, there was a person that found out a lot about someone in a chat room!They found the address, phone number, full name, family members, the school they went to, and the persons address just by looking at their online profile!

thanks pandyma for the advice!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT