BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Notices

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2008, 11:54 PM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Faithballetbear5

FaithBalletBear5 will become famous soon enough
 FaithBalletBear5 is offline Status: Offline
Lightbulb New Contest!!! ends July 4th! ended

I saw this contest on another forum several months ago and I just loved it. We live in a world where so many are just worried about what they can get and not what they can give. It, of course, has affected our BABV world as well. We all have been bombarded with the 500 requests for a tiara or bear slippers and we all have become discouraged when a celebrity comes to town and no one seems to care unless they get some gift out of it.
Well here is what I propose. I have 5 towels just burning a hole in my back pack. I want to give them away (especially since so many didn't get one), but I'm not willing to give it away for free. I don't want a trade or bear bills for it. What do I want, you say? I want you to show off your giving spirit. Between now and, lets say July 4th, I want you to get out there and see who you can help. It doesn't have to be limited to BABV, this can be a real life project, too. Once you have put your plan into action and helped out how ever you can, post your story here to inspire others to get into the giving mood. The people who have the best stories, will have their name placed in a hat for a drawing to win a towel. I will draw 5 folks and it could be you!!! So, get to work and see what you can do this summer to help someone out!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:34 AM
JessBearHug
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JessBearHug

JessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of lightJessBearHug is a glorious beacon of light
 JessBearHug is offline Status: Offline

What a nice idea Faith. Hope everyone decides to do it.

If you edited my title, I just wanted to say thank you. I meant to go back and do it but forgot. Faith

Last edited by FaithBalletBear5; 06-11-2008 at 08:42 AM..
Old 06-13-2008, 12:18 PM
nicholeballerina12
Polar Bear
BABV Name: nicholeballerina12

nicholeballerina12 is on a distinguished road
 nicholeballerina12 is offline Status: Offline

Faith, that is a wonderful idea!!

We need more things like this in the world. I can share a big life experience I have had. It hasn't happened now with this contest, but over 9 years ago.

I lived with my mother, I had no brothers or sisters. Being an elementary school teacher I met this 8 year old boy. He was in need of a lot of love, his name was Peter. I don't know why really, I felt very attached to this kid. He was an excellent student. So I liked him as a student, but then, while preparing him for a spelling bee competition, I began felling attached to him in personal life. He had a mother, but she had other interests, his father was away, in jail, and really didn't care about him. This kid got to ask me once to kill him, so he would stop suffering.

The thing is that he began coming to my house. I met his mother and grandmother. They were very nice, but didn't seem to understand the power of communication and love. He got very very attached to me.

The thing is that, I apported to his raising in over a 50%. He is today, like an adopted son. He has a room in my house which he shares while on vacation. I am married now. Back then, when he was 11 years old I told him he would give me away if someday I would marry, well he did! I sent for him and he gave me away. My husband loves him. He is now 17, on to adulthood. And he lives far away but soon he will come back, cause he plans to go to a very prestigous college near where I live.

I haven't had children of my own. But I can assure you, Peter has fulfilled me as a mother 100% (in good times, and in bad times too).

Not everything has been peachy for me with him. His mother decided to move to US and we (him and me) suffered very very much. But I give thanks to the lord that I met Peter one day. And he says the same about me. He says to me "i can't imagine what would have been of me if I hadn't met you".

This is a very personal, loving story I am sharing with you today. It has very strong, lovely, wonderful feelings attached to it.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:19 PM
carlbear11
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Carlbear11

carlbear11 has disabled reputation
 carlbear11 is offline Status: Offline

That is a beautiful story!!! I hope that you know how much of a blessing you are to him and i hope he knows how much of a blessing he is to you. Im glad there are people like you out there willing to make a personal attatchment to other people without worrying how the world will question your motives and intentions in the matter. Im happy for you both to have found eachother.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:27 PM
StarofStars
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: DianaShiningStar

StarofStars is on a distinguished road
 StarofStars is offline Status: Offline

-tears- oh that was such a touching story. GOD will give you so much blessings for what you did wow. I had a friend like that in 3rd grade. She is now luckly with her dad and is having a good life
Old 06-13-2008, 11:45 PM
nicholeballerina12
Polar Bear

Hey thanks to you all!! Indeed, I have shared this story with all of you, because if you have felt touched with it, imagine how this has been for me. He has been indeed a blessing for me!!! He really has fulfilled my life as a kind of a mother. When I lost my dear mother, thanks to Peter I had a motive to keep on going. I hope someday you meet him in this blog. I communicate with him twice a month. And I am very thankful to God for putting him in my life. My husband and him are my truly treasures in life.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:55 PM
AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8

AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8 will become famous soon enough
 AlexandriaLotsOfLuv8 is offline Status: Offline

Every year since 1st grade i have donated over $200 to the Jump-Rope-For_Heart (or American Heart Association) but in 4th grade i donated 400 dollars And the year after that more people donated money for the foundation
Old 06-16-2008, 10:13 AM
nicholeballerina12
Polar Bear

Hey Alexandria, that's so good!

Not only did you cooperate, you motivated others to do the same, which is fantastic!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:17 AM
FaithBalletBear5
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Faithballetbear5

FaithBalletBear5 will become famous soon enough
 FaithBalletBear5 is offline Status: Offline

Well, I had hoped for a much bigger response than this. I guess this just isn't what people are in to these days. Oh well. If I don't get any more entries, then Nichole and Alexandria will be the automatic winners. You both have great stories.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Freya
Founder
BABV Name: FreyaFullofHugs

Freya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the roughFreya is a jewel in the rough
 Freya is offline Status: Offline

wow I didn't even realize you posted this on the 10th!! Perhaps it just needs a few posts to get it out there for people to read! Great idea!
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT