BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Go Back   Bearville Insider Forum > Puffles and Penguins and Bears, Oh My!! > Coffee House

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2009, 12:30 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline
Default Ahh! I Smell a Fruitcake on the DCT for December 23, 2009

Ah, what's that I smell? Fruitcake, perhaps? Oh boy, was I right! Christmas is right around the corner and that means many people will be cooking lots of Christmas food, and plenty of Christmas treats. One of the many foods served around this time of year is Fruitcake. A cake made of chopped and candied fruit, dried nuts, and many spices. Sometimes a fruitcake may even be glazed with icing and covered with decorations.

A traditional one looks a lot like this:
Click the image to open in full size.

Now, you may be wondering a little bit about the history of fruitcakes is. OK, or maybe you're not so interested in the history of fruit cakes.. either way, you should learn a bit.

The History of Fruitcakes:

The oldest found recipe of fruitcakes was found in Ancient Rome where it states that they were made of pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, and raisins mixed in with barley mash. Sounds just DELICIOUS, right? No. I don't think so.

Soon enough, in the Middle Ages, honey, spice, and preserved fruits were added into the recipe making for a tasty recipe, and... a NAME! And as you probably guessed, they put together fruit and cake to make fruitcake, and there it became fruitcake for the fact that it was a cake, and it had fruit in it.

Fruitcakes soon came around to Europe, the recipe changed and changed as it went from country to country. Milk and butter started to get used in the recipes.
Once the 1600's came around sugar from the American Colonies along with the discovery that a lot of sugar could persevere fruits made it possible so that they could make candied fruits! Making fruitcake more popular. (I bet you it got more popular 'cause they thought it tasted better. xD)

Finally, in the 18th century in Europe they added in nuts to the recipe making it the fruitcake it is today.

Long story short, fruitcake isn't what it used to be.

So, do you like fruitcake. Do you not like fruitcake? If you don't, what's your favorite kind of cake? Have you never tried fruitcake before? Enjoy the DCT, chat away, oh, and for all you fruitcake fans out there, December 27th is National Fruitcake Day.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:32 AM
EmilyYakityyak19
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Hmm... IDK... ↑ xD

EmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of light
 EmilyYakityyak19 is offline Status: Offline

BLAHHH! I'M CRACK STUNTMAN! xD

Oh, TheHappy's gonna love this post. xD
Old 12-23-2009, 12:33 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by EmilyYakityyak19
BLAHHH! I'M CRACK STUNTMAN! xD

Oh, TheHappy's gonna love this post. xD
Oh really Emily? OH REALLY? I am the one who is crack stuntman! Not you!
Can you remind me... who is crack stuntman again? xD
Old 12-23-2009, 12:34 AM
EmilyYakityyak19
Trading Teddy

EmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of lightEmilyYakityyak19 is a glorious beacon of light

LOL! Starr. Your DCT made me laugh. xD

Crack Stuntman's from Homestar Runner! THE WEBSITE!?!?! I can't believe you did not know that! Only me and TheHappy know what that is! DUH! xD
Old 12-23-2009, 12:35 AM
LeahAngel19
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: LeahAngel19

LeahAngel19 will become famous soon enough
 LeahAngel19 is offline Status: Offline

Bleh, fruitcake.

My grandma does make a good tea ring, though!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:39 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

LOL! Starr. Your DCT made me laugh. xD

Crack Stuntman's from Homestar Runner! THE WEBSITE!?!?! I can't believe you did not know that! Only me and TheHappy know what that is! DUH! xD
Well, can't you smell the fruitcake too?
WAIT! I remember that website! I REMEMBER IT! You kept on telling me to go to it and then I ended up looking at it. Gosh, HALEY WILLIAMS. xDD

View Post Originally Posted by LeahAngel19
Bleh, fruitcake.

My grandma does make a good tea ring, though!
I know, I'm not much of a fan of fruitcake either. Then again.. I've never tried it before.
SOMEONE GET ME A FRUITCAKE! -Chuckles evilly- Oh the things I can do with this evil fruitcake. Oh, the things I can do. xD
Old 12-23-2009, 12:40 AM
LeahAngel19
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: LeahAngel19

LeahAngel19 will become famous soon enough
 LeahAngel19 is offline Status: Offline

To tell you the truth, I've never had it either. But, it has fruit in the title, so it has to be gross.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:41 AM
EmilyYakityyak19
Trading Teddy

View Post Originally Posted by StarrBalletBear
Gosh, HALEY WILLIAMS. xD
AH! I'm not Hayley Williams! FOR THE LAST TIME! Next time you call me that, I'll start calling you Hannah Montana. PWNED! xD
Old 12-23-2009, 12:46 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

View Post Originally Posted by LeahAngel19
To tell you the truth, I've never had it either. But, it has fruit in the title, so it has to be gross.
Gasp! Gasp! Gasp! You don't like ANY fruit? Not even.. grapes? -Plays dramatic music-
xD
AH! I'm not Hayley Williams! FOR THE LAST TIME! Next time you call me that, I'll start calling you Hannah Montana. PWNED! xD
But being Hayley Williams is soo much better than being Hannah Montana! I DON'T WANT TO BE HANNAH MONTANA. How about you be Hayley Williams and I be Cassadee Pope? xD
Old 12-23-2009, 12:48 AM
EmilyYakityyak19
Trading Teddy

If you want to, call me Cassadee Pope. JK! DON'T! xD

That's it! Lady Goo goo or Wa wa or whatever! SING BEST OF BOTH WORLDS, HANNAH! HANNAH! HANNAH! HANNAH! xD
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT

Tags
$t@®®yeahh., <br!n!g!rl>, (̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶, /\/\3|@/\/!3, addie ®, babwiscool, brendan ba ha ha, bri, december 23rd 2009, gimmethewaffles!!, james got a tag♫, libbyluv2sing99 :), merryxmas~juliabf21 ;], mikey the elf was here, pg tips :), pichu invasion has begun!, purple says 2 more days!, reserved for roxie ♫, starr + fruitcake, starr waz here! bwahaha!, vicki wuz here! bwahaha!