BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2009, 06:30 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline
Default How To Fully Decoration YOUR Profile [[Guide]]

(Before anyone goes off and says that I didn't put this in the right section. I know that I didn't. The reason it's here is because it wasn't allowing me to post in the guide's section).

Anyways, I know that there are probably a lot of people out there who don't know how to customize their profile, or are confused by it. I've seen some threads asking about how to get backgrounds in their albums for their profiles, and how to decorate their profiles, so if you are one of those people wondering, "How do I decorate my profile?" this guide is the right one for you!

1) First what you'll have to do is get pictures into an album for your profile. You can get to your albums by going to User CP, and under "Networking" there should be a thing that says "Pictures and Albums".

2) From there, you can either make an album, or add pictures into another album. If you don't have an album all ready set up for your profile pictures, then you'll want to make one. You can do so by clicking the "Add album" button in the bottom left corner.
When you make a new album it should look something like this:
Click the image to open in full size.
As you see there are 3 different options for the album, select "Profile", and then click submit. From there you'll be able to add pictures by clicking the "Upload pictures button in either the top left corner or the bottom left corner as shown here:

When you click on Upload Pictures it'll come up with a screen where you can upload pictures. That's where you can upload your background pictures. That means any pictures that you have taken, that are from build-a-bearville, or have found off the web. It'll give you the option to "Browse", click browse and select the images from your computer to use in the album for your profile.

3) After you get all that album business done, it's time to get your background put in! To do this go to your User CP, and then under the "Your Profile" section you can press "Customize Profile" It should look something like this:

From there you can add all your backgrounds that you've uploaded into your profile and design it your own unique way!

If you're wondering which section fills which part of the profile, here's some information on that:

Question: Which section customizes which part of my profile?

* The first section, the Main, decorates the main part of the profile. It'll be the part that's most seen on your profile and will be in the background of everything else you add. You can also choose the text color and the font that you're username shows up in on your profile, along with the link color, and the border style. The border style is a pattern that goes around the profile (like dashs, dots, ect).

* The next category, the "Block Borders" section you can't really see in your profile, but you can still choose to use put a background for it.

* The Major Block Headers is the part of the profile that labels everything on your profile. When you choose a background for this section it puts a background in the areas where it says "Mini Statisics," "Friends", "Albums, and more.

* The "Minor Block Headers" is the section where you can put a background for the tabs on your profile. When I say tabs I mean like, "About Me", "Statisics," ect. Whatever background you choose for the minor block headers will show there.

* The "Block Footers" on your profile are the little strips of background that go over people who post on your profile username. Also on the albums, friends, and mini statisics setion the block footers are across from the Major Block Headers.

* The "Primary Content Area" fills the area where you type in someone's message box, and where people's writing goes on your profile. This is also the background for the albums, friends, mini statistics and when you click on any of the tabs.

* The Secondary Content Area is the area where if you click your "Friends" section the name and the person's status will have the background you chose in the background of the words.

* And lastly, the Controls section is the area that you can choose text color, font size, font color, and a background for the "Submit", and "Go Advanced" buttons. You can make the text large, medium or small, and you can change the font type too.

REMEMBER: After your done decorating remember to click Save so you're design will be saved!
Hope I could help!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Piealamode
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JadeMusicLuvr13

Piealamode will become famous soon enoughPiealamode will become famous soon enough
 Piealamode is offline Status: Offline

Thank you! I've seen a couple of people asking how to do this as well, and I could not find a guide to show them how so I'd have to explain it all from scratch, and let me tell you, I am not good explaining this stuff.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:58 PM
hayleyadorable387
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: Hayley

hayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of lighthayleyadorable387 is a glorious beacon of light
 hayleyadorable387 is offline Status: Offline

Thanks,this is a very helpful guide!
Old 12-27-2009, 04:36 PM
carlysoccerbear45
Banned
BABV Name: Call me Brittany.<33

carlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to beholdcarlysoccerbear45 is a splendid one to behold
 carlysoccerbear45 is offline Status: Offline

VERY helpful!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:54 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Piealamode
Thank you! I've seen a couple of people asking how to do this as well, and I could not find a guide to show them how so I'd have to explain it all from scratch, and let me tell you, I am not good explaining this stuff.
Yeah, I have having some trouble finding a guide for people so I decided to just make one. Thanks everyone.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
NickiSnowflake
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: NickiSnowflake (Snow on BABV)

NickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to all
 NickiSnowflake is offline Status: Offline

thanks starr! I wish i would've had this when i first joined. XD I had to figure it out. this is so much easier! Nice job!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:02 PM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

View Post Originally Posted by NickiSnowflake
thanks starr! I wish i would've had this when i first joined. XD I had to figure it out. this is so much easier! Nice job!
Hopefully all those new members here who are totally confused come by this guide and don't have to figure it all out like you did. (:
Old 12-28-2009, 09:28 PM
NickiSnowflake
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: NickiSnowflake (Snow on BABV)

NickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to allNickiSnowflake is a name known to all
 NickiSnowflake is offline Status: Offline

yeah that would be nice!
Old 12-28-2009, 09:45 PM
VannessaAdorable9
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: VannessaAdorable9

VannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of lightVannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of lightVannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of lightVannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of lightVannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of lightVannessaAdorable9 is a glorious beacon of light
 VannessaAdorable9 is offline Status: Offline

Cool, thanks for the guide! It helped me a lot!
Old 12-29-2009, 11:04 AM
SherryRainbow1
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: SherryRainbow1 & TheScooter

SherryRainbow1 will become famous soon enough
 SherryRainbow1 is offline Status: Offline

Wow, Starr, that guide must have taken you a long time to make. Great job!! That is an amazing guide.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT