BI is not affiliated Build-a-Bearville or Build-a-Bear Workshop.

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2010, 01:29 AM
pancakes991
Banned
BABV Name: SunshineCub2

pancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the rough
 pancakes991 is offline Status: Offline
Default Jr. Moderators

I have a pawsome idea for bearvilleinsider! It's called Jr. Moderator. If you were a jr moderator you would have to have at least 100 posts. To be a jr moderator you would have to of been a member of BI for at least 6 months and also you would have to take a quiz when you apply the quiz would be about safety babv and bearvilleinsider. That way the mod and admins would not have to go through so many applications that people sent in . If you were a Jr. Moderator you would be able to edit peoples posts and lock and remove and move threads. There would be a secret section in the forum that only jr. moderators mods and admins would be able to see. Jr. mods could post if a member was breaking the rules in the special section that only mods, jr. mods and admins could view. The mods and admins would see that and they would no that the person was breaking rules. Jr moderators would also be able to warn a member and when they tried to post they would have to review the rules before they could post again. Also their would be a message saying why they were warned.

I hope you all like my idea!

Last edited by pancakes991; 01-10-2010 at 08:31 PM..
Old 01-10-2010, 01:39 AM
AJCool
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: -

AJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud ofAJCool has much to be proud of
 AJCool is offline Status: Offline

That is a great idea. One additional thing, there would be too many Jr. Moderators if every 100 post and 6 month member could become one that is why it is better if an Administrator or a Moderator chose only certain people. Also, editing people's post takes a lot of trust therefore that is another reason that we can't have so many Jr. Moderator. Overall, I think that is a wonderful idea and it was nice of you to share it with us. =]

AJCool
Old 01-10-2010, 01:44 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear
BABV Name: StarrBalletBear, KendraMay40

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute
 StarrBalletBear is offline Status: Offline

I think that it would be awesome if there were Jr. Moderators on BI. But like AJCool said I really don't think that we should be able to apply for one, I think that the mods and admins should just be able to choose the ones that they want because that way they can pick people who they trust, and people who they think will be the most helpful towards BI. It would be really fun to have Jr. Mods though! =]
Old 01-10-2010, 01:51 AM
pancakes991
Banned
BABV Name: SunshineCub2

pancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the roughpancakes991 is a jewel in the rough
 pancakes991 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by AJCool
That is a great idea. One additional thing, there would be too many Jr. Moderators if every 100 post and 6 month member could become one that is why it is better if an Administrator or a Moderator chose only certain people. Also, editing people's post takes a lot of trust therefore that is another reason that we can't have so many Jr. Moderator. Overall, I think that is a wonderful idea and it was nice of you to share it with us. =]

AJCool

You would have to apply to be a jr mod so not everyone would get in.

Also maybe it should be at least 200 posts and you have to have been a member for at least a year

Last edited by pancakes991; 01-10-2010 at 01:54 AM..
Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 AM
IanIMsweet3
Polar Bear
BABV Name: IanIMsweet3

IanIMsweet3 is on a distinguished road
 IanIMsweet3 is offline Status: Offline

where would be a whole lot of moderators o_o
There wont be anyone left to moderate. lol
Old 01-10-2010, 09:21 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

StarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond reputeStarrBalletBear has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by IanIMsweet3
where would be a whole lot of moderators o_o
There wont be anyone left to moderate. lol
That's why I think that if they did have this feature the actual staff should choose if someone was a mod or not by themselves. If there was an application form it would waste their time that they could be doing other things looking through hundreds of applications.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:35 AM
FluffyCuddle44
Sage Bear
BABV Name: FluffyCuddle44

FluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of lightFluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of lightFluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of lightFluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of lightFluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of lightFluffyCuddle44 is a glorious beacon of light
 FluffyCuddle44 is offline Status: Offline

View Post Originally Posted by StarrBalletBear
That's why I think that if they did have this feature the actual staff should choose if someone was a mod or not by themselves. If there was an application form it would waste their time that they could be doing other things looking through hundreds of applications.
I agree with Starr, as great as it sounds in theory, it might be opening a can of worms to have individuals apply. Maybe something that was awarded on merit and past performance on the forum.

Maybe The job of a Jr. Moderator should be very limited to only being able to move a post to the right section or removing a post that is spam or vulgar.

I don't think a Jr. Moderator should be able to counsel, reprimand or have anything to do directly with the status of another member. This privilege more so to be used as a tool to help the Moderators who have so much to do with their volunteered time to help point out problem areas or certain requests that might need sooner attention then others.

Great idea and thanks for posting it.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:38 AM
juliabearfun21
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: JuliaBearFun21

juliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant futurejuliabearfun21 has a brilliant future
 juliabearfun21 is offline Status: Offline

I think that you should have to have more than 100 posts, maybe like 500 or something just because you have to be very familiar with the forum. I also think that mods/admins should choose people, instead of people applying. Good idea, though!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:43 AM
StarrBalletBear
Sage Bear

View Post Originally Posted by FluffyCuddle44
I agree with Starr, as great as it sounds in theory, it might be opening a can of worms to have individuals apply. Maybe something that was awarded on merit and past performance on the forum.

Maybe The job of a Jr. Moderator should be very limited to only being able to move a post to the right section or removing a post that is spam or vulgar.

I don't think a Jr. Moderator should be able to counsel, reprimand or have anything to do directly with the status of another member. This privilege more so to be used as a tool to help the Moderators who have so much to do with their volunteered time to help point out problem areas or certain requests that might need sooner attention then others.

Great idea and thanks for posting it.
I agree with you. Moving a thread to the right section or removing a post that's spam or is inappropriate would be good enough, because if a Jr. Mod were to get too much power there might be some problems with having nontrustworthy people. I'm not saying that anyone here is not trustworthy or is a bad person, but someone might have something against another member and decide to get revenge by deleting a bunch of their posts just because they wanted to lower down that member's post count, or lock all their threads so no one would post them, that's why a limited amount of power would have to be made.

Like you said, being able to delete a spam post, or move a thread, maybe edit someones post if they say something inappropriate would be limited to what they could do. Think of all the reports that mods and admins get here of things like a spam post, or someone not posting a poll, or something inappropriate. With mini mods think of all the time it would save the staff.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 AM
BriannaBallet
Trading Teddy
BABV Name: BriannaBallet6

BriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond reputeBriannaBallet has a reputation beyond repute
 BriannaBallet is offline Status: Offline

IF they gave use so much power some people might abuse it.
Closed Thread
Membear Info

ADVERTISEMENT